Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/13/2020 – 1/19/2020 Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Lefty

Go read off a telemprompter you 12th place olympic pairs figure skating see you next Tuesday. Fvck off.

@AliceMCook 17H Just wondering…what would have haapened in KC tonight if the Patriots had got by the Titans? I look at these explosive offenses and can’t figure out why NE can’t get players like that? Sad.

Wait…….someone actually follows Alice Cook??????

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Humphrey
    Participant

Alex Cora (Bench Coach). Cora was involved in developing both the banging scheme and utilizing the replay review room to decode and transmit signs. Cora participated in both schemes, and through his active participation, implicitly condoned the players’conduct. I will withhold determining the appropriate level of discipline for Cora until after the DOI completes its investigation of the allegations that the Red Sox engaged in impermissible electronic sign stealing in 2018 while Cora was the manager.

Yikes. Hinch gone for a year for “being aware of but not stopping” Cora’s scheme. Cora is DUN.

Bobby Valentine is tanned, rested and ready. I wish Nick was still around; he had enough chutzpah to make a serious comment to that effect.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Coma
    Participant

I need to know how involved Mattress Mac was.

Gimp
    Participant

Cora has to be gone.  I would have to think this makes the Sox signing Betts long term more likely.  Gotta keep the fans happy.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Can’t wait for the Dusty Baker era to start.

Lebron
    Participant

Is Whitey Herzog dead?  Felipe Alou maybe?

Lefty

Dr. Manager Charles Steinberg

”Top is the third and it’s the Giant Glass “You be the Manager” power inning!”

GusChiggins
    Participant

That story about the Browns coach having to report to the owner and analytic team on Friday is weird. I feel like something is missing or DePodesta doesn’t understand football. Having the coaching staff meet with the analytic team on Monday would make sense. Give suggestions on how to attack and defend the upcoming opponent. Install game plan during the week. I could see a little value in touching base on Friday to make sure everything makes sense and nothing new wasn’t discovered. But touching base on Friday seems really counterproductive. This isn’t baseball where you can switch players out in a minutes notice because a guy bats better against righties. And why the owner? So he can call a play like Nixon?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Re: The weird timing of the National Championship game this year with the long gap between Semis and Finals. It was because the venue was locked in five years in advance, but then the New Years’ Eve semifinals flopped a few years ago so they had to change the timing on that, but had to live with the locked in National Championship date this year.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I would reference the New York times story about it, but WordPress eats my post when I do.

chicowalker
    Participant

Great day to be a Houston sports fan. Your football team just puked up a 24 point lead in the playoffs and your baseball franchise just canned the manager and GM and you have no 1st or 2nd round picks the next 2 years!

at least they get to watch Harden dribble through his legs for 20 seconds, lunge at a defender, and shoot three free throws for the next 4 months before losing in the second round

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Re: The weird timing of the National Championship game this year with the long gap between Semis and Finals. It was because the venue was locked in five years in advance, but then the New Years’ Eve semifinals flopped a few years ago so they had to change the timing on that, but had to live with the locked in National Championship date this year.

Will it be different next year?

jforb
    Participant

Can’t reply, can’t link, can’t include without the link but 1st/11th then bouncing from 27th to 1st and 10th to 5th over the next few years.

NASCL
    Participant

jforb
    Participant

That’s worse than the one from Christmas where he ran to the bathroom to show off the shirt his mom gave him.

Suzy
    Participant

:lol:

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Does LJ still do his shitty tracings? I’d love to see what he cooks up for Cora banging on trash cans while stealing signs.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Shank calling for Cora’s head on a platter in the Globe. Why am I not surprised. Henry will see that he’s rewarded for getting the ball rolling on that one. Why can’t the globe send him to be a special correspondent based in Iran?

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

Just have NESN hire one of the many  internet/tv lawyers to host a weekly 1/2 hour “Remy Report in Context” program.

Lefty

Haven’t been paying attention so I may have missed it, but shouldn’t the owner of the Red Sox make some kind of public statement?   “Cooperating in full, disappointed by what we have learned about any link to Houston and committed to integrity” or some such pablum??

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Henry is using Shank to poison the masses vs. Cora. Luckily for Cora nobody reads the Globe any more.

chicowalker
    Participant

Gill’s kid (boy or girl, I forget and it doesn’t matter) is going to kick the shit out of him the minute they are physically capable

Lebron
    Participant

That story about the Browns coach having to report to the owner and analytic team on Friday is weird. I feel like something is missing or DePodesta doesn’t understand football. Having the coaching staff meet with the analytic team on Monday would make sense. Give suggestions on how to attack and defend the upcoming opponent. Install game plan during the week. I could see a little value in touching base on Friday to make sure everything makes sense and nothing new wasn’t discovered. But touching base on Friday seems really counterproductive. This isn’t baseball where you can switch players out in a minutes notice because a guy bats better against righties. And why the owner? So he can call a play like Nixon?

Talked about this with a buddy of mine and it was the same conclusion.  What happens if you show up to the Friday meeting and DePodesta and/or Failed Fuel Scam owner don’t like something or want something changed?  Those ships have sailed.  We aren’t talking about a head coach saying ‘hey make sure we have a 3rd 2 point play ready just in case’ and he’s likely still saying that during the week so you practice them.  Or practicing defending the goal line pass.  Analytics types should be working while the then current game is being played and delivering info for the upcoming game on Monday.  No further input required unless asked.  And it’s just that, input.  This sounds like they have a say in the game plan?  And what the hell does the Failed Fuel Scam guy know about professional football game plans?  Christ you’ll end up with some guy reminiscing about the wishbone at OU or the ol’ Statue of Liberty play.  What a total loser of an organization.

Lebron
    Participant

That makes sense and you wait 2 weeks for the Super Bowl anyhow.  I thought the bowl schedule was bizarre this year, like the Orange Bowl was played on the 30th, 2 days after the semis but 2 days before New Year’s Day, why not play it then?  I guess ESPN has all the bowl games at that point so they don’t want the Sugar Bowl cannibalized but still.  Then they played like 2 or 3 bowl games after the New Year’s games were done, and stuff like the Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl.  Seriously, who cares at that point?

I was probably in the minority liking the semis on NYE, but I get that they likely don’t get an audience comparable to Saturday afternoon/Saturday night.  Just seems odd to even play the rest of the bowl games after that, like at that point do you care?

Participant

I found the Alice tweet via a Shank retweet.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar