Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/13/2020 – 1/19/2020 Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Merloni’s pathetic.

Coma
    Participant

Merloni’s pathetic.

No context needed.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I think future CFB Championship games will have shorter intervals. From that article I can’t link to:

“Future seasons include shorter delays between playoff rounds. Next season, for instance, the Rose and Sugar Bowls will host semifinal games on Jan. 1, and the national championship will be held on Jan. 11. At the end of the 2024 season, the next time semifinal games are scheduled for Dec. 28, the title game is set for Jan. 6. Hancock said he regarded a nine-day gap as “ideal” for teams, though he said coaches from both L.S.U. and Clemson had said they were supportive of the timing this season.”

I just read the full article to find out that they couldn’t move the game this year up a week because some venues were already reserved for the Wizard World comics/sci-fi geek convention. :lol:

Coma
    Participant

Shank calling for Cora’s head on a platter in the Globe. Why am I not surprised. Henry will see that he’s rewarded for getting the ball rolling on that one. Why can’t the globe send him to be a special correspondent based in Iran?

Shank came to the conclusion today that everyone else did yesterday after the Houston penalties were announced? It would have been brave or HOF worthy if he wrote that a week ago.

It was refreshing to see how MLB handled this, public relations-wise. I think there were some reports that the penalties would be handed down soon and that they might be severe. There were no leaks, or trial balloons. No one going on ESPN and using loaded/out of context phrases like “a private area” or “a room that few in the Astros organization had access to.”

To expand on that last point, I was thinking about this earlier today, but then I saw ITT’s tweet about Bedard claiming the Patriots had a “secret room” for their spying tapes. How was it secret? Was it behind a false wall? Did Kraft hire a group of construction workers and then have them killed after the room was completed? In most companies, there are areas that are restricted from every employee accessing it. When I worked for an insurance company, there was a card reader to get into the IT department. Were they committing crimes or was that a prudent business safeguard? That’s normal behavior, not a reason to be assume suspicion.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Coma.
    2 users thanked author for this post.
    Yahtzee
    Participant

I found the Alice tweet via a Shank retweet.

Takes courage to admit that.

Coma
    Participant

#CoraOut

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Now we need Liverpool to have a cheating scandal.

Participant

Caron get the 1st question tomorrow or do they bring in Flanders?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Disappointed to see Luke Kuechly is retiring.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

He’s had some gnarly concussions.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Keuchly’s legacy to me was Gruden on MNF screeching his name every 15 seconds.

I say go Varitek, Derek Lowe as pitching coach maybe Cabrera as hitting coach.  The ladies will never know what hit them.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I imagine the Varitek’s wife might put the kibosh on the managers job. I’m guessing Jason hasn’t got over his taste for road strange.

Participant

I imagine the Varitek’s wife might put the kibosh on the managers job. I’m guessing Jason hasn’t got over his taste for road strange.

Based on his history, she shouldn’t let him out of her sight.

Hacksaw
    Participant

I could go for a Coke Zero or a Dasani water.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Bobby Valentine may have sucked as Sox manager, but at least he went on radio yesterday on Joe and Evan and blew up the cheating narrative a bit. Everybody knew everyone was doing it. You had to have measures in place. If he knew it was going on in his locker room even today, he wasn’t sure if he’d say “no” to it. It’s a matter of leaguewide context. Am I keeping up with the Joneses, or doing something no one else is doing? Etc.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Looks like an SEC presser with the perfectly placed drink options.

Hacksaw
    Participant

They have four guys up there basically saying no comment.

In Houston the owner basically read from a statement and called it day.

Participant

John Henry have his new vest on?

Image result for steward

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

A van carrying at least part of Holy Cross’ women’s rowing crew was involved in a horrific car crash in Vero Beach this morning.

One dead (a rower from Uxbridge), 11 hospitalized, with seven of them sustaining serious or life-threatening injuries.

Another van from HC was not involved in the crash.

chicowalker
    Participant

isn’t Varitek’s wife road strange?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

isn’t Varitek’s wife road strange?

That’s what makes this so difficult.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Mazz wants Eduardo Perez as manager, and quick, before the Mets fire Beltran and hire him.  Guessing Mazz thinks he sounds smart on the tv.  Actually I’d hire that broad in the booth, that would kill of guys like Callahan.

Lefty

Why not just make Wally the manager?   He’s already on the payroll, won’t talk back and is beloved.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Jessica Mendoza, I presume?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Jessica Mendoza, I presume?

She may need to step in for Beltran.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar