Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/13/2020 – 1/19/2020 Discussion Thread

• This topic has 114 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Lefty.
Viewing 14 posts - 101 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

I just looked at jforb’s BSJ counter for the first time in awhile. Why the heck is *anybody* still giving AAC their money? Guy is a fraud’s fraud, and not even “hyperlocal” anymore.

Participant

Weekdays 10-2

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Bruins waive Backes. He has three points in 16 games and has been inactive for all but two of their last 13 games.

Normally I’d cheer wasting Jacobs’s money like Sweeney did, but of course using it for someone with a pulse might have put them over the top last year, or helped resign Johannson over last summer.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Lefty

Bruins waive Backes. He has three points in 16 games and has been inactive for all but two of their last 13 games.

Normally I’d cheer wasting Jacobs’s money like Sweeney did, but of course using it for someone with a pulse might have put them over the top last year, or helped resign Johannson over last summer.

Johansson hasn’t done much of anything this year.   Makes me nervous as a Loui Erickson 2.0.    I am hopeful the Backes and Ritchie moves mean they are working on a meaningful trade and are clearing cap space.

I would trade Carlo for a top six forward.   On paper, B’s have a lot of D here and in Providence.   Carlo has value.   I would also try to trade for Boxford’s own Chris Kreider.

jforb
    Participant

Weekdays 10-2

If you said weekends I would have totally believed that was a new pic of LJ

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Huh, Kyrie opens his mouth in Brooklyn and once again he claims he’s misunderstood.  Shocking.

Lebron
    Participant

I’d love it if this Black Jack McDowell claim that LaRussa had some sign stealing communication system in place is true.  I fucking hate that asshole.

Brian
    Participant

I’d love it if this Black Jack McDowell claim that LaRussa had some sign stealing communication system in place is true. I fucking hate that asshole.

You do know he’s friends with Belichick, right?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

OK, I have a heavy cold and feel like crap and I’ve been avoiding the sports section this week, so I am a little behind the headlines here.

But why the hell did Vegas fire Gerard Gallant? That’s just crazy. And they replaced him with retread Pete DeBoer. WTF?

Hey. maybe they’ll fire Goucher next, and he can come back here and take Jack Edwards’ place.

RedSeat
    Participant

Celtics made the score look good by the end — not a small feat on the second night of a back-to-back — but the loss to the Bucks was another example of why the C’s are just lagging behind everyone else.

Almost cutting the lead to 1 from 26 or whatever without Brown means they stand no chance against everyone else?

A loss to the number one team in the east shows the C’s are lagging behind “everyone” else? And how is that an example “why”?  Does that even make sense as a construct? Maybe I’m missing context in the article but I sure as hell won’t be reading more to find out.

How did we end up in place where most sportswriters don’t understand the basics of sports or writing?

Humphrey
    Participant

Just seeing the title of Shank’s article was enough for me to never desire reading it.

jforb
    Participant

Title or byline?

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Miserable Fellow
    Participant

This has not been the most competitive day of football.

Lefty

So, if Oakland or Seattle made it, would Jerry Rice be running around on the sidelines like an ass clown like he is today?

Viewing 14 posts - 101 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar