Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/16/2018 Daily Thread: The Shankpire Strikes Back

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Predictably, Shank rises to TEC’s bait and refers to “Quick Slants” as a “clown show” high up in this morning’s (also predictable) “tomato can” column.

Wow. That’s the insight the Globe is paying CHB all those Benjamins for.

Of course, in another story in the Metro section, they say Billerica is on the South Shore.  Augie, Wayne and Dottie know better than that.  MYKE!!!!

Kevin
    Participant

K&C is now way more of a morning Zoo than T@R is.

“This week, Reimer is back and it’s Mut who is forever banned from the show by Kirk! Oh, is there a football game this weekend? Who cares?”

Kevin
    Participant

Friend of mine texted me “when Bertrand flipped his truck, there must have been queso spilled everywhere.” :lol:

Participant

If Bertrand had died would Tony, Mike and Big Jim mocked him all day?

He was on his way to “doing what he loved” just like Halladay.

chicowalker
    Participant

I thought Minihane quit?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Steelers loss means no gripping radio interviews from Ordway with Tiny Tim Benz this week.

On the plus side, the Jags maybe could offer up Senile Vito Stellino.

Probably a wash.

Coma
    Participant

I thought Minihane quit?

It was a swerve, bro

Just last the last time, the time before that and so on.

Yahtzee
    Participant

From the Twitter, it looks like Brady did call into WEEI this morning. Said Jags are best team they will face all year. Doesn’t sound like something a Steeler would say.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

From the Twitter, it looks like Brady did call into WEEI this morning. Said Jags are best team they will face all year. Doesn’t sound like something a Steeler would say.

The stories of the Jags ragging on the Steelers after the game are just so completely awesome, and validate Belichick’s policy of never giving the other team any bulletin board material if possible.  No Patriot will be caught saying anything disparaging about the Jags this week.

Hacksaw
    Participant

I thought Minihane quit?

It was a swerve, bro Just last the last time, the time before that and so on.

I’m to the point the Salk and Benz hires were just a swerve until Big O got his contract reworked.  Sports Entertainment and Howard Stern has educated me in thinking  anything mentioned or done on the radio is a pure work.

NASCL
    Participant

Assuming the Pats win, we have a board rooting interest in the NFC?

I loathe them, but I’d rather have Philly than the Vikings playing in the comfort of their own stadium.  I don’t think Foles could put up more than 17 vs. the Patriots.

Kevin
    Participant

I don’t know who Lazar is, but this is awesome.

Participant

Assuming the Pats win, we have a board rooting interest in the NFC? I loathe them, but I’d rather have Philly than the Vikings playing in the comfort of their own stadium. I don’t think Foles could put up more than 17 vs. the Patriots.

I want Philly.

Radio Row is open to the general public now – All of those Eagle fans who are also for the most part probably Phillie/Halladay fans could get to thank Tony, Mike and Big Jim in person for their outpouring of grief when Roy died.

rclane
    Participant

I moved to the (not so much) greater Philadelphia area at the beginning of November.  I had a neighbor setting of fireworks Saturday afternoon; there’s no telling what these loser fans will do if they make the super bowl. The day after Thanksgiving some local hot sportz taker was saying that a Super Bowl rematch with the Patriots would be great because the Patriots cheated in that one. Is it really a rematch 13 years later?

In short, go Vikings (unless my in-laws are within earshot).

Kevin
    Participant

Eagles fans are the worst, so that would be fun. But the Minny homefield advantage would be good to play up too.

Lebron
    Participant

Vikings have Brutally Honest Zim, all the Bring It Home garbage and will likely start getting mouthy, I’ll take that.  I like Long and Blount and have nothing negative to say about Doug Pederson.  That dancing owner is wandering into Gomez Addams territory though.

Lebron
    Participant

Two weeks of hearing about Zim’s eye issues, how he finally got his chance, the late wife and how he coached 2 days after she died.  I’m already ginning up the hatred on that angle alone.

chicowalker
    Participant

If Philly goes, I just love that their fans get to 2nd mortgage the row house for a trip to Minnesota 13 years after doing the same for Jacksonville.  No New Orleans, Miami, or LA for you!

InThisTown
    Participant

Not sure why we’d root for the Vikings to have a home game. Fuck that shit. Also, hating Philly fans makes me happy.

Have to root for it to be Pats-Vikings, of course. It’ll be a split household in that scenario. My oldest will be on the fence (she’s been Pats 1st, Vikes 2nd, but never envisioned a time the Vikings would ever get this far), but probably will pull toward the Vikings on the day. My youngest doesn’t give a damn about sports, but will be pulled to my wife’s rooting cause. She’d love having something over me on the off chance the Pats lose that game.

I’m curious how much of a “home” game it would actually be if they get there.

BTW, want to note again how much Zimmer (link) sounds like Badger from Breaking Bad (link).

InThisTown
    Participant

Basketball talk: I can’t take millennials who insist on using their shitty Wilson or Nike OFFICIAL BALL over the TF 1000, the finest ball ever known to man. And the “ugh it’s flat” face  :ozzy:   :ozzy: I’m sorry you need it overinflated so you can dribble up around your tits, Magic.

Suzy
    Participant

Two weeks of hearing about Zim’s eye issues, how he finally got his chance, the late wife and how he coached 2 days after she died. I’m already ginning up the hatred on that angle alone.

If my husband coached a meaningless game two days after I croaked I’d haunt him. But to each his own I guess.

Has there ever been as prominent ( :puke: ) a columnist who so obviously hates the home team–which has an unparalleled recent history of excellence that any city would kill for–as bitter, breakfast-denied asshole Shank? Can’t even imagine what uninformed/outside readers must think if they ever have the misfortune of reading his garbage. What a useless pice of shit.

Participant

Good times…..

A Pennsylvania man is being charged with punching a Philadelphia police horse during Saturday’s Eagles-Falcons game.

Taylor Hendricks, 22, was ejected from Lincoln Financial Field and on his way out he allegedly took a swing at a police horse, 6ABC reports.

A police spokesperson told Philadelphia Magazine, Hendricks allegedly walked up to a mounted officer and started punching the horse in the face, neck and shoulders. He was reportedly ejected from the game for being intoxicated.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Coach Matt is going to Detroit? Makes sense; the Goodell Clown t-shirt was made with the Lions team colors.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Participant

Is today clean out your locker day down at Heinz?

If memory serves, this is also a day where they do some of their best “better teams didn’t win” bitching…..

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar