Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/19/2018 Daily Thread…..Roll Tide….and Special Guest

This topic contains 53 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Claude45 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Hacksaw
    Participant

From Aukland, New Zealand…..Tonyyyy Garea!

Participant

Ironhead, Weird, AlmostACoach Greg wants the workload lightened in October but still wants incentives met in December?

29 Oct 2017

Kevin
    Participant

Upton Bell must follow me on Twitter and sent me two tweets agreeing with me, so now I will feel bad the next time I have to say the toupee glue is affecting his brain.

Claude45
    Participant

Upton Bell must follow me on Twitter and sent me two tweets agreeing with me, so now I will feel bad the next time I have to say the toupee glue is affecting his brain.

That should really make you take a long look in the mirror, Kevin.

Participant

Noted prick Gary Myers with his 4th day in a row of Bill returning to his dream job.

Belichick was asked Monday if it was definitely his intention to be back with the Patriots next season.

“Absolutely,” he said.

He didn’t say it with much conviction. He didn’t sound convincing. That could just be Belichick being Belichick. A source told me Friday that if Belichick wants out, “I’m sure Bill knows this is his last chance to be the Giants coach. Bill sees an opening – an opening to get to the Giants.”

Kingasaurus
    Participant

“Noted prick” is being unnecessarily kind.

It’s always sort of been abstract knowledge here that the NY media sucks. No surprise. But them being obsessed with everything the Patriots do for several years has really forced us to focus on them more, and it’s only then you really appreciate the pathetic, bald-faced, unethical douchebaggery.

Participant

Hey Landon Collins, GFY.

As for Belichick, the five-time Super Bowl-winning coach who said on Monday he “absolutely” plans to stay with the Patriots, Collins said Belichick is too similar to his college coach, Nick Saban, for his taste. He credited Saban’s rigid style with getting him to the NFL, but it’s not something he wants to live through again.

“The way he runs his organization, I’ve been through that process. I don’t like it,” Collins said. “It’s too strict. …. He’s a great winner, he’s a great coach. I don’t know if [his style] is what the organization really wants.

“I talked to guys who played for [his] team. They love winning, but at the same time, they don’t want to be on the team.”

Participant

The bald zookeeper has Patriot sources?  I really do give up if that’s the case.

4 hours ago

Kingasaurus
    Participant

About ten talking heads have been saying that for the last week. But he has ‘sources’.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

About ten talking heads have been saying that for the last week. But he has ‘sources’.

The guy had no qualms dealing Bledsoe to a divisional rival in 2002.  They play Cleveland once every three years, unless they’re paired in the standings. And with Haslam in charge, they have an Irsay-like albatross around their necks with until further notice.

I dunno.  :dry:

jforb
    Participant

The guy had no qualms dealing Bledsoe to a divisional rival in 2002. They play Cleveland once every three years, unless they’re paired in the standings. And with Haslam in charge, they have an Irsay-like albatross around their necks with until further notice.

I dunno. :dry:

Trading Bledsoe within the division made winning the division easier. Other than being slapped with the franchise tag, would Jimmy stay in Cleveland?

Lebron
    Participant

That Landon Collins stuff is great.  Sure, Saban and his style helped get me to where I am, but now that I’m here, who needs it?  Just coast from here on out.  And sure, guys I’ve talked to love all the winning, but all the stuff you gotta put up to get there?  Forget that.

Coma
    Participant

The guy had no qualms dealing Bledsoe to a divisional rival in 2002. They play Cleveland once every three years, unless they’re paired in the standings. And with Haslam in charge, they have an Irsay-like albatross around their necks with until further notice. I dunno. :dry:

Belichick’s afraid of losing to Cleveland in the play-      Nope, sorry. Can’t even finish even finish the sentence.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

If Bill had waiting one more year, he could have sent Jimmy to the XFL.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Is there a worse guy than the player who wins a huge game and then proposes to his girlfriend?  A real Joe from Real World Miami move. How about not making the moment all about you?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Speaking of the NY media being up it’s own ass, there was a Kim Jones appearance on the Joe Beningo show I listened as a podcast. It was an all time howler as they considered people who might become the next Giants coach, with Kim continually viewing it through the lens of how the coach would get along with the New York media. Towards the end, she circles back to add one last thing about coaching the Giants. Something along the lines of “Whoever the next Giants coach is, my advice is to start each press conference talking about how much he likes tea, or coffee…” [At this point Beningo is mystified] “…because Mike McCagnan starts his press conferences with a quip like that which really humanizes himself and endears himself to the media!”

The most vacuous take ever, presented non-ironically. I’m sure the Boston media thinks like this, but has been beaten down enough to not actually voice it aloud.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

The last time the Browns won a playoff game BB was their coach. :lol: Didn’t Reiss say a some point that the Cleveland organization was such a clusterfuck that after the Jamie Colins trade the Pats were done dealing with them?

Lebron
    Participant

GM skills aside the big knock on the previous GM was that he only met with the media once or twice a year.  Unacceptable and a breach of the unwrittens.  The fans demand that you be subjected to the cross examination of the well informed and highly prepared scribes of the local rags.

I don’t know much about Gettleman beyond most of the Panthers players hating him.  Probably has an aw shucks/cowboy boots/eye test/gut feeling thing going that the media loves though.

Sounds like this Kim Jones would love working in Minnesota, Zim has pizza brought in weekly for the media.

Coma
    Participant

“Noted prick” is being unnecessarily kind. It’s always sort of been abstract knowledge here that the NY media sucks. No surprise. But them being obsessed with everything the Patriots do for several years has really forced us to focus on them more, and it’s only then you really appreciate the pathetic, bald-faced, unethical douchebaggery.

The crazy thing about Myers is that he hates Belichick, so you’d think he would want the Giants to stay away from him. Somehow, he’s been able to reconcile it in his head that deflategate was a frame job, Brady was innocent and railroaded by Goodell, but Belichick is guilty of the infraction.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

“Noted prick” is being unnecessarily kind. It’s always sort of been abstract knowledge here that the NY media sucks. No surprise. But them being obsessed with everything the Patriots do for several years has really forced us to focus on them more, and it’s only then you really appreciate the pathetic, bald-faced, unethical douchebaggery.

The crazy thing about Myers is that he hates Belichick, so you’d think he would want the Giants to stay away from him.

He doesn’t really think the Giants can get him. It’s just for eyeballs and clicks, and he thinks anything that keeps the “turmoil in Foxboro” story going hurts BB right before the playoffs.

tiny
    Participant

I joined twitter mainly so I could send a critical tweet to Seth Gossip Girl Wickersham.  Here is my first actual tweet.  Hopefully my 1 follower (Mary Can Confirm) enjoyed it :)

12 minutes ago

It’s interesting that the teams the Patriots were supposedly “lucky” to avoid in the playoffs (Chargers, Ravens, Chiefs) have won a COMBINED 3 playoff games in the last 5 years, or the same number that the Patriots won last year. 🤨

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  tiny.

tiny
    Participant

also maybe someone can teach me how to properly put a tweet in a posting :blink:

(Why don’t you just tell me the movie you have selected…)

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Panthers fired Shula’s other coaching son as offensive coordinator today. That’s a shame.

Maybe he can join his ex-coaching bro as a line cook in the steakhouse.

Beaker
    Participant

Doncabesa
    Participant

https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/950799094951407617

Curran seems to buy whole cloth that Wickersham had real legit sources seemingly high up?  All anyone has said about Brady is how amazing he is publically but yeah he’s being “knifed”.

Lefty

I’ve always believed that anything TEC has comes from Brady’s father, with Brady’s father’s spin on it.    That article reads very  much that way.

Ironhead
    Participant

I’m convinced it’s Tom, Sr. and McDaniels.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Through Saturday – to the local shitheads’ delight – there will be zero discussion about the actual game.

Big Fat O
    Participant

All you need is 1 person who was a Jimmy guy or didn’t like Brady talking and you have an article.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I’m having a real hard time seeing the ‘knife in Brady’s back”?

Wouldn’t it make sense at some level that Jimmy G didn’t want to be Brady’s successor? To play the rest of his NFL career in Tom’s huge shadow? Same with McDaniesl and Patricia. How many SuperBowls would they have to win in NE before they gained their own identity?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I’m having a real hard time seeing the ‘knife in Brady’s back”?

Also, Tom Sr. has said for years that BB would eventually cut loose Tom like he’s done with every other player.

Instead, BB does the opposite and trades the heir apparent instead?  You can argue the ESPN article makes Tom look not so good, but the team’s behavior in trading Jimmy is obviously pro-Tom. He earned it by still playing at a high level, but the bottom line is he’s being treated differently because he’s so great. Isn’t that a good thing?

Hacksaw
    Participant

I still want to know how the Alan Branch vs Tom Brady knife fight happened.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  Hacksaw.

Big Fat O
    Participant

The biggest assumption is Jimmy was just waiting around with his clipboard waiting for his chance.

Who said Jimmy didn’t force BBs hand by telling him he wouldn’t sign any deal unless he starts. Jimmy had a nice run in SF but I’ll take Brady any day and so didn’t B.B.

Participant

Suddenly, I don’t hate Van Gundy anymore (not the one who looks like Ron Jeremy however).

Branching out, Van Gundy launched a broader attack on the journalism industry while citing another contentious ESPN story — its bombshell Patriots account — saying using anonymous sources is “a joke.”

“The whole process is wrong when you write an article that doesn’t have one attributable quote — like the Patriots story,” said Van Gundy, who’s been with ESPN since 2007. “Not one.”

Claude45
    Participant

I’m really hoping the Patriots win the Superbowl on an overturned TD catch due to surviving the ground as time runs out.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  Claude45.

Participant

I just want them to win to ruin truck day for that translucent son of a bitch that owns the red sox and his visionary trophy wife du jour.

Lefty

I’m really hoping the Patriots win the Superbowl on an overturned TD catch due to surviving the ground as time runs out.

And if that happened, this would be the press box at the SB that night:

chicowalker
    Participant

I can’t see Lefty’s gif/Dennis, but this error message probably applies as well

Media error: Format(s) not supported or source(s) not found

Feejis
    Participant

Through Saturday – to the local shitheads’ delight – there will be zero discussion about the actual game.

Globe has been writing “their opponents all stink” pieces for months now. What else do you really need?

Participant

Globe has been writing “their opponents all stink” pieces for months now. What else do you really need?

Could I interest you in a Giardi blueprint piece that he pulled together with his “network of scouts and executives” that he knows?   :lol:

Lefty

I can’t see Lefty’s gif/Dennis, but this error message probably applies as well Media error: Format(s) not supported or source(s) not found

Choreographed heads exploding scene from Kingsman movie.

chicowalker
    Participant

Could I interest you in a Giardi blueprint piece that he pulled together with his “network of scouts and executives” that he knows? 😆

Pressure Brady?  I love that one. Make qb not be good= WIN GAYM!!!

Participant

Could I interest you in a Giardi blueprint piece that he pulled together with his “network of scouts and executives” that he knows? 😆

Pressure Brady? I love that one. Make qb not be good= WIN GAYM!!!

Covering the NFL for almost 20 years allows you to make relationships with a bunch of people.  MIKES PLUGGED IN CALLAH!

http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/scouts-view-pressuring-tom-brady-key-to-beating-new-england-patriots

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

The bald zookeeper has Patriot sources? I really do give up if that’s the case.

4 hours ago

The Zookeeper that hates sports has sources? That’s more mindblowing than James Stewart having sources.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Participant

GWD – it was probably the bald one since he runs the twitter account – he couldn’t find Foxborough with a google earth.

Coma
    Participant

Pressure Brady? I love that one. Make qb not be good= WIN GAYM!!!

Didn’t you know that Brady hates being hit? And that he’s not as effective with pressure in his face? He’s the lone exception to every other starting QB and backup in the league, who excel under those circumstances. You let Flowers, Wise, Harrison, Lee and Van Noy hit Mariota 10 times each this Saturday and he’s going throw for 5oo yards and 6 TDs.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I heard you need to “get pressure with four.”

:lol:

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

GWD – it was probably the bald one since he runs the twitter account – he couldn’t find Foxborough with a google earth.

Yeah, Rich. He was the one who almost cried when he learned the station was flipping and they were going to do sports. He has no favorite teams and admits he didn’t really follow or play sports growing up.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

jforb
    Participant

“I know yesterday I did say I wouldn’t make any changes, but I did say there would be an evaluation,” Rivera said.

Rivera said he woke up at 3:15 a.m. and realized he needed to make a move, but denied that he ever considered making the change earlier.

Nothing hasty about that.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

It’s like 95 percent of the media and (sadly) a majority of the fan base are so jaded that they couldn’t care less about The Actual Football Game on Saturday Night and would prefer being titillated by soap opera crap like this. They can’t get off on the regular coverage of a dynastic football team trying to extend their amazing run. Just not sexy enough anymore … It’s kind of like the sports media version of a snuff film.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar