Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/20-1/21 Weekend Thread

This topic contains 115 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Florida Sox Fan 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 116 total)
  • Author

jforb
    Participant

Who has two good thumbs and can’t wait for Sunday afternoon?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Everyone out at Red Sox Winter Weekend?

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Big Fat O
    Participant

I know this doesn’t sound right but Borges actually made sense discussing the Jimmy trade. Basically he wasn’t going to an AFC team and they wanted a backup who played for them Hoyer.

He still had to get his shots in about the team but overall he made sense. He must have taken his meds.

Lebron
    Participant

Wasn’t Bledsoe already honorary captain in 2011?

BSF34
    Participant

Statue of Limitations has expired. Has to be honorary captain again.

Wait, what?

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Vrabel HC of the TT.

InThisTown
    Participant

LFG cvntos!

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Tennis Ball Head seems determined to free Nick Caserio from the prison he’s in as director of player personnel of the Patriots.

In his Football Notes today, he states that Caserio may well head to the Carolina Panthers this off-season to replace Marty Hurney, the interim general manager. He seems to feel that whoever buys the Panthers from Jerry Richardson (he says the sale could well happen quickly) would be someone Caserio would rather work for when compared to the tyrant Belichick.

Meanwhile, “Canard’s” (that’s what spell check insists that Nick C.’s name is, and since a canard is defined as “an unfounded rumour or story” I think it’s appropriate) Baseball Notes begin with a lengthy monologue by Scott Boras — he holds the Red Sox’ future in his hands, readers! — about how his stable of unsigned players are all worth every penny of the ridiculous money he seeks for them.

Win today and shut these fools up.  Again.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Seeing the guy who asked and got the free ticket for today because it is his birthday.  ITT went after him and rightfully so. How old is that guy? I’d be embarrassed to beg like that. I can only hope he shows up and there’s no ticket for him.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Especially since his timeline had plenty of anti pats and Kraft is cheap talk before ITT called him out on it and he started deleting the tweets.  Entitled assheads.

Coma
    Participant

Seeing the guy who asked and got the free ticket for today because it is his birthday. ITT went after him and rightfully so. How old is that guy? I’d be embarrassed to beg like that. I can only hope he shows up and there’s no ticket for him.

I hope that guy is intercepted by a rage-filled Joe Gill – “A free ticket?!? Just for his birthday?!? That happens every freakin’ year!! I asked for a pair of Super Bowl tickets because it was my anniversary I got married in Indianapolis my wife and I met in Indianapolis and I didn’t even get a response.”

I can’t believe it was a year ago I tried to post the intro to the NFL Films 30 minute recap of the 2004 AFCCG only to have the video pulled from Youtube immediately. Thanks indirectly to a twitter post by ITT, I was able to find the music that was used in the intro. It’s not quite as inspirational without seeing Bruschi and company waiting in the tunnel and then running onto Heinz Field, but it’s pretty good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXz_qNo2moE&list=FLtnTEVeqx8OetcolyawJuMA&index=4

Humphrey
    Participant

Tennis Ball Head seems determined to free Nick Caserio from the prison he’s in as director of player personnel of the Patriots. In his Football Notes today, he states that Caserio may well head to the Carolina Panthers this off-season to replace Marty Hurney, the interim general manager. He seems to feel that whoever buys the Panthers from Jerry Richardson (he says the sale could well happen quickly) would be someone Caserio would rather work for when compared to the tyrant Belichick. Meanwhile, “Canard’s” (that’s what spell check insists that Nick C.’s name is, and since a canard is defined as “an unfounded rumour or story” I think it’s appropriate) Baseball Notes begin with a lengthy monologue by Scott Boras — he holds the Red Sox’ future in his hands, readers! — about how his stable of unsigned players are all worth every penny of the ridiculous money he seeks for them. Win today and shut these fools up. Again.

Lord Douchepont’s column is right up there, too.   Spends a ton of time saying nothing.   Even the person who favors baseball greatly over football is not waking up the morning of the AFCCG and saying “Jeez, I’d like to read something about the 1918 Red Sox today”.   :wall:

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  Humphrey.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Tennis Ball Head seems determined to free Nick Caserio from the prison he’s in as director of player personnel of the Patriots. In his Football Notes today, he states that Caserio may well head to the Carolina Panthers this off-season to replace Marty Hurney, the interim general manager. He seems to feel that whoever buys the Panthers from Jerry Richardson (he says the sale could well happen quickly) would be someone Caserio would rather work for when compared to the tyrant Belichick. Meanwhile, “Canard’s” (that’s what spell check insists that Nick C.’s name is, and since a canard is defined as “an unfounded rumour or story” I think it’s appropriate) Baseball Notes begin with a lengthy monologue by Scott Boras — he holds the Red Sox’ future in his hands, readers! — about how his stable of unsigned players are all worth every penny of the ridiculous money he seeks for them. Win today and shut these fools up. Again.

wasn’t it boras who produced that 400-page tome demonstrating why then-FA Johnny Damon was a first ballot Hall of Famer?

Also, saw that the Globe sports budgies are flocking to T.J. Martinez’ tree again. 30 year old with only two 20-HR seasons including last year, his walk year, looking for 7 year deal. Boras must hope the guy who signed that now-albatross Miguel Carbrerra deal hasn’t learned a thing.

Yahtzee
    Participant

It’s gonna be a Jet Blue watch for me today. I hope there’s a united community on board.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

I hope it’s a competitive game- said no one ever. I hope Vito Stellino expires due to jealous rage- yes.

Big Fat O
    Participant

It seems like the Pats have started slow this year and it takes them the first half to get it going.

Gimp
    Participant

It seems like the Pats have started slow this year and it takes them the first half to get it going.

No team in NFL history makes adjustments at halftime the way the Pats do.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Need a play.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Jesus. Getting blown off the ball and seem to be 4 steps behind everyone.

Humphrey
    Participant

They couldn’t challenge that play anyway-  it was an illegal shift not a false start

Big Fat O
    Participant

About time they called holding. Their letting the Jags get away with quite a bit.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Pats need to start breaking shit.  It’s like Rocky in Rocky 3 where he got soft and got killed by Mr T until he finds his old self.  After that cheap shot on Gronk you can see the Pats wake up.  I feel like Simmons

Hacksaw
    Participant

It’s like bringing Buckner back to throw out first pitch.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Hope they can rub some magic TB12 dirt on gronk but of course this will now be concussiongate(tm) if he comes back to play because no one will believe he passed the concussion test.

Big Fat O
    Participant

The refs let a lot go until the end. It finally took Flowers to be wrestled down for them to call holding and there’s been pass and interference all game.

Yahtzee
    Participant

That’s awful luck.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Nance is a disgrace and so is Romo. I can understand wanting a good game but their basically cheering for the Jags.

i realize all of the announcers hate the team but it’s bad today.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Jesus, Cooks

Big Fat O
    Participant

If they want to get rid of the helmet to helmet hits Church should have been tossed.

jforb
    Participant

Is it too much to ask for an episode of that Brady doc consist of nothing but Gisele working out?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Feels like momentum is changing!

Big Fat O
    Participant

Is it too much to ask for an episode of that Brady doc consist of nothing but Gisele working out?

I heard Diabeetles voice on it  :puke:

Yahtzee
    Participant

Can’t go down 2 scores I don’t think.

But if anyone can do it …

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  Yahtzee.

BrianInLA
    Participant

We’ll thats the end. A double pass screen fumble that should have been a pats td

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Give me a fucking break.”
    He’s down

BrianInLA
    Participant

He’s down no?

Humphrey
    Participant

That’s a disaster…..and if they didn’t have so many blockers up field it doesnt’ happen.   One less guy and Lewis just runs by everybody.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  Humphrey.

Big Fat O
    Participant

What a bullshit call

BrianInLA
    Participant

He had 5 or 6 blockers in the way.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I hope they run that same play again.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Brady is an amazing motherfucker.

BrianInLA
    Participant

We need that ball crushing Bortles pick anytime now.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Let’s go defense

Yahtzee
    Participant

Why shouldn’t we get a turnover?

Yahtzee
    Participant

I believe this is a time for one or two people to yell, “Let’s go!”

Hacksaw
    Participant

The white guy motivation.

Yahtzee
    Participant

The white guy motivation.

Who’s whiter than BSMW (all respect to Miserable Fellow)?

Hacksaw
    Participant

win now!

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  Hacksaw.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Imagine being in the stadium right now!

Yahtzee
    Participant

I was so nervous.

I’m still nervous.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 116 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar