Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/20-1/26/2020 Weekly Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Pro Bowl countdown.

Hopefully, some of our alumni can get some help dealing with Jimmy G rooters.

Lebron
    Participant

I saw one snap of yesterday’s games.  Easily down to zero in 2 weeks.

Rooting interest it’s Niners and not even close.  Jimmy G factors very little into it, more about Andy Reid actually than anything.  You think Jimmy G slobbering will be bad, I can’t fathom what the “Finally, Andy Reid!” bullshit will be like.

Aaron Rodgers being a dog never gets old.

jforb
    Participant

What happened to 3?

Most users ever online was 8 on December 30, 2019, 4:14 pm.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Yahtzee
    Participant

What happened to 3?

Most users ever online was 8 on December 30, 2019, 4:14 pm.

We’re ascendant

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

I saw one snap of yesterday’s games. Easily down to zero in 2 weeks.

Rooting interest it’s Niners and not even close. Jimmy G factors very little into it, more about Andy Reid actually than anything. You think Jimmy G slobbering will be bad, I can’t fathom what the “Finally, Andy Reid!” bullshit will be like.

Aaron Rodgers being a dog never gets old.

Also the Mahomes and Kelce dick-licking :puke: . Definitely rooting for the Niners.

Lebron
    Participant

Shooting at a KC nightclub last night, 1 dead (fuck the shooter) 15 injured?  Detroit is a mini KC apparently.

Niners winning would throw a wrench in the KC coronation,  so easy choice.

SF won me over with the run game dedication. Plus anybody embarrassing Rodgers is welcomed at this address.

5 users thanked author for this post.

This turned out to be much ado about nothing. The ref was calling out an illegal formation penalty, which was an unaccepted penalty on the play.

But imagine if this happened in Foxboro.

Coma
    Participant

Regarding Kelce, I’ve been wondering why no defensive backs have tried to take him out like they used to do Gronkowski. He’s not as big or anywhere close to the blocker Gronk was, but he’s a big part of the KC offense and he seems like he’d be a dick to play against. I can’t believe an opposing safety hasn’t decided “Next time Kelce catches a pass, I’m diving at his knees.”

Lebron
    Participant

Was looking at salary cap space across the NFL assuming a $199 million cap number.  I feel like someone is going to offer Brady something like 2/$70 and $60 guaranteed.  Raiders and Chargers are both north of $50 million in space, Titans too although I can’t see him or even the Titans doing it.  Colts are at $96 mil but again not sure I see him going there.  Who knows.  I could see the Raiders doing it, they need something heading in to Vegas and Gruden seems all set with Carr.  And I could see Brady playing for Gruden.  Not sure about the Chargers and Lynn.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Dean Pees retiring.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Gronkowski really was unique that way with regard to tackling.  Not many if any guys could tackle him straight up.  He was great with the stiff arm too, not sure about Kelce.  Bavaro had that short window too where it was pretty rare for one guy to be able to straight tackle him.

Lebron
    Participant

A few good tight ends in free agency, including Austin Hooper from the Falcons who I think it was rumored the Patriots inquired about but were rejected.  They’ll probably franchise him though, he’s only 25 too.  Eifert from the Bengals but he’s one of those seemingly always hurt or nicked up guys.  Hunter Henry from the Chargers, like Hooper only 25.  A likely franchise target as well.

jforb
    Participant

Only care in the need to know whose opinion to disregard from here on and I have no clue who this guy is so even that doesn’t mean much, but wtf is this:
    Paul Gutierrez (3): Jeter, Kent, Omar Vizquel

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Dean Pees retiring.

Belichick plucked him out of relative obscurity (he was HC of something like Kent State or Akron, wasn’t he?) to replace Rob Ryan as LB coach in 2004, then promoted him to DC when Mangini split. IIRC, after Pees left Foxborough a few years later and went to work for Harbro, he was a first-class asshole when “DeflateGate” broke.  Good soldier? Eff that. He owes half the salary he made in the last 16 years in the NFL to Belichick.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Celtics are certainly scoring in the first half. Eff the Lakers.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I’ve been looking at TE draft profiles and almost every single one of them is like “good receiver but doesn’t offer much in the way of blocking”. Like they’re all the next Tim Wright.  I think Randy’s kid may be the best blocker of the bunch.

Participant

Captain Calm Eyes to the rescue! Cue the horns!

“The game needs Derek Jeter more than ever.”

I remember him telling me one day in the Yankees clubhouse as he pulled up his sanitary socks, “This game is more than numbers, there is a human element, there is a heart and soul and sweat to the game.’’

On this day, baseball needs Derek Jeter to show the way again. Integrity is just as important as batting .300.

Cooperstown will see the largest crowd ever for an induction, beating the mark set in 2007 by Cal Ripken Jr. and Tony Gwynn at 82,000 fans.

They will come to honor the Captain — who played the game right.

Participant

Joe Buck opening up about his and Kyle Shanahan’s struggles with their bouts with nepotism really makes you think.

Nepotism Anonymous, “When helping hands aren’t enough.”

Humphrey
    Participant

Celtics are certainly scoring in the first half. Eff the Lakers.

The broadcast team spent the opening minutes telling us how the Celts had no chance in this one…reciting a laundry list of advantages/problems. True to form, the Lakers broke out to a 7-8 point lead. By the time they were done with that opening narrative, the Celts were ahead.

Nick B
    Participant

I remember him telling me one day in the Yankees clubhouse as he pulled up his sanitary socks, “This game is more than numbers, there is a human element, there is a heart and soul and sweat to the game.’’

On this day, baseball needs Derek Jeter to show the way again. Integrity is just as important as batting .300.

Cooperstown will see the largest crowd ever for an induction, beating the mark set in 2007 by Cal Ripken Jr. and Tony Gwynn at 82,000 fans.

:puke:

Yahtzee
    Participant

Where’s the eye rolling emoji?

Should have waited until seeing the barfy emoji.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Yahtzee.
    GusChiggins
    Participant

Does Aaron Rodgers ever set his feet when he throws? Yeah yeah he can make all the throws but his fundamentals are so poor. That’s not going to help the aging process.

Suzy
    Participant

Unfuckingreal that’s not parody. :puke: :puke:

BrianInLA
    Participant

The ‘Brady to Vegas’ rumors are sure heating up out here. Especially after Dana White’s comments over the weekend. As Lebron said earlier I can see the Raiders throwing $70 million over 2 years at Brady to be the face of Vegas. They’d probably even let him call his own plays as an incentive.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar