Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/20-1/26/2020 Weekly Discussion Thread

Viewing 19 posts - 76 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Lefty

Why does this Celtics broadcast from Orlando look like something I would have seen coming out of Soviet Russia?    The video quality is odd at best.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Why does this Celtics broadcast from Orlando look like something I would have seen coming out of Soviet Russia? The video quality is odd at best.

“Turn back the clock” night to the days when Channel 27 Worcester was the flagship and Bob Fouracre was at the PBP microphone?  I remember when Tommy himself did the play-by-play; this was a year or so before he took over from Russell as head coach.

Lebron
    Participant

Still baffles me why the Giants went through all of that cover up/nothing to see here over a replacement level kicker.  And Mara’s admission that they knew about it and still employed the guy.

This time of year I’m used to finding out when the Patriots arrive at the Soupey site and when they do that media access night.  Now I’m planning a ski weekend where we get home sometime after kickoff and I flip on Man Fire Food or that crazy Chicago house rehab broad who isn’t afraid to wear leather pants, show some cleavage and flash her daddy issues tattoo on the inside of her wrist.  She does some good work though.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Geez – is Hischier 17?

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Yahtzee. Reason: to add a second i
    Participant

What a dome on Keith Tkachuk :ohmy:

Coma
    Participant

Still baffles me why the Giants went through all of that cover up/nothing to see here over a replacement level kicker. And Mara’s admission that they knew about it and still employed the guy.

Brown was a good kicker for the Giants, but he was only with the team for 3 full seasons before getting cut in his 4th year. He wasn’t a Justin Tucker “best in the league” type kicker or a Matt Bahr or Vinatieri where the Giants could say he’d been with the team for so long and was a part of so many big playoff moments. Brown was exactly the type of player that should have been easy to replace when controversy arose; No long term ties to the franchise and, while good, not so good that they’d be losing an elite player. Instead, the Giants gave him a new contract and hoped everything would blow over. If the Boston media and their fanz are looking for an example of arrogance, that’s a good one.

Gimp
    Participant

TMZ reporting Kobe Bryant dead in helicopter crash this morning.

jforb
    Participant
    jforb
    Participant

In the real sense for the kids, in the Seinfeld sense for when I posted

BrianInLA
    Participant

I obviously wasn’t around for JFK but I cannot imagine it being any more insane than this. Lots of friends down at Staples Center right now.

I’m a tad torn. Most/all of my close friends out here are HUGE Kobe fans (on the same level that I enjoy Papi, Brady, Gronk) and admit his whole past but still are fans. I can respect that. However my morals and ethics make it very hard for me to feel sad when an ass rapist dies in a fiery helicopter crash. Especially one that never brought me a single ounce of joy or pleasure. Thus, upon hearing the news, I feel my initial reaction was somewhat overblown/mean (and not for everyone) as I have a few people who I think seriously want me dead right now.

I tried to explain that I’m going to have the same response when Big Ben dies but it doesn’t seem like that’s helping.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I am sad for his family and daughter and all that. But people die every day. It happens.

Coma
    Participant

This Kobe Bryant news makes me want to rush to a restaurant with no TVs and terrible wifi.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Spurs and Raptors paid tribute to #24 Kobe by having both teams get 24 second violations.

Having players not shoot would seem to be an ill fitting tribute to Kobe.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    BrianInLA
    Participant

Every channel is pre-empted with tributes and people all saying how much Kobe meant to them. Its like Breer time 11 bazillion as folks here love to be over the top drama queens/kings. I wanted to see who won the golf tournament down the road at Torrey Pines. Nope. People laying balloons and flowers everywhere.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Spurs and Raptors paid tribute to #24 Kobe by having both teams get 24 second violations.

Having players not shoot would seem to be an ill fitting tribute to Kobe.

:lol:

Humphrey
    Participant

Mean and not for everyone.

In response to a tour-de-force douchebag article in today’s Globe, it’s too bad Kobe wasn’t into flight shaming.

Lebron
    Participant

I was pissed they moved around X Games and Aussie Open coverage.  Horrible obviously when kids and innocent people die.  I can also guarantee the same people wailing over Kobe and how daring anyone bringing up his ass raping will celebrate the day Brady or Bill dies.

Lebron
    Participant

Revisited the rape stuff.  Forgot he lied to the cops about having sex with her only admitting it when they said she was going through a medical exam.  Said he only heard ‘no’ when he said I’m going to cum in your face.  She had bruises on her neck and said yeah that’s my thing it’s what I do.  Swell guy

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Every channel is pre-empted with tributes and people all saying how much Kobe meant to them. Its like Breer time 11 bazillion as folks here love to be over the top drama queens/kings. I wanted to see who won the golf tournament down the road at Torrey Pines. Nope. People laying balloons and flowers everywhere.

The Grammy Awards was tonight. It took place in the Staples Center. They might have mentioned Kobe once or twice.

Viewing 19 posts - 76 through 94 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar