Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/21/19-1/27/19 Daily Thread – Who Needs Two Weeks Off?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 183 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Lefty 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 184 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

Just noticing that Schefter blurb where he says Rex has been approached by other teams in past offseasons about d-coordinator openings.  I’m sure Schefter worked his sources for that info.  Or more likely, it was a marketing message from Rex that required zero effort to run with.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

I don’t know why I am pissed at Roy Halladay for being a complete moron and missing this moment, but I am. I guess on behalf of his kids.

jforb
    Participant

Hope that eliminates any aura of unanimous selection.

Who were the idiots asking Belichick about the laser pointer?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Mike Felger must be pissed also.  Hopefully enough that he gets another suspension.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Humphrey
    Participant

Mike Felger must be pissed also. Hopefully enough that he gets another suspension.

I guess in retrospect I’m happier that the Pats won by “matriculating the ball down the field”, as Hank Stram would say.
    However, if the KC kicker had missed the game tying easy field goal it might have put Felger, Shank or both of them completely over the edge.

Coma
    Participant

Hey @verizonfios @VerizonSupport how many more outages are we going to have? I’m trying to make a living here! #groton #massachusetts #overpriced #underperforming

:lol:

They responded with some buzzword nonsense, so he’s probably happy.

He needs wifi and tv to make a living? Doesn’t sound like a valuencer.

His Valuencer account had a tweet for that Cranmore Lodge in NH that he loves (except that time their elevator was out) with a picture of their guest book. That’s great that he’s valuencing how much people enjoyed their stay there, but he’s also publicizing people’s names and addresses.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I like that Rivera got in unanimously before Jeter was eligible. That way we can complain that Jeter devalued the honor of being selected unanimously if he does it. Or else one person will leave Jeter off and it’ll rankle him, secretly.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

So, the Baseball writers patting themselves on the back about Rivera getting in unanimously really boils down to them celebrating that for the first time, one of them wasn’t a total asshole, right?

4 users thanked author for this post.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

So, the Baseball writers patting themselves on the back about Rivera getting in unanimously really boils down to them celebrating that for the first time, one of them wasn’t a total asshole, right?

They’re here to protect this game, Hobbs.

Participant

High Pants Bob wants you to know how nice Mariano was to Bob.

NASCL
    Participant

For some reason I am fascinated with Andy Wong’s constant need to hang out with 98.5 utility announcers.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Did he sit with him for longer than seven minutes?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

It’s shocking that the pool of reporters voted him in.

Participant

Did he sit with him for longer than seven minutes?

@GlobeBobRyan 16H – Watching Mariano Rivera on MLB.  The world should know that when I interviewed him for a story on that fateful Game 4 9th inning of the 2004 ALCS he couldn’t have been more gracious.

Participant

jforb
    Participant

Jesus christ where the hell is the downvote button?

Hacksaw
    Participant

So John Dennis is program director at 98.5.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I see the Oilers finally dumped old friend Pete Chiarelli. Deadspin gives a good run down of his crimes against the franchise.

• There was the trade of two draft picks (one of whom became reigning Calder champ Mathew Barzal) for Griffin Reinhart, who is now out of the organization and scuffling in the AHL.
    • There was the one-for-one trade of former first overall pick Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson; two years later Hall won MVP.
    • There was the seven-year, $42-million contract given to Milan Lucic, who appears to have fallen off a cliff on the wrong side of age 30, and is still signed through 2023.
    • There was the trade of Jordan Eberle for Ryan Strome, who a year later was flipped for Ryan Spooner, who was put on waivers this week.
    • And on Monday, Chiarelli’s last move was announced: a three-year, $13.5 million extension for Mikko Koskinen, a 30-year-old goaltender with 32 NHL games under his belt.

Lebron
    Participant

What in the fucking hell.

Wilbon saying no one cares about the mic’d up segments because you don’t get anything out of them.  Apparently we get more out of talking men and women presenting contrived takes disguised as brave stances.

7 users thanked author for this post.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Wilbon saying no one cares about the mic’d up segments because you don’t get anything out of them. Apparently we get more out of talking men and women presenting contrived takes disguised as brave stances.

The biggest takeaway of the games, quite frankly: Stephen A. Smith now thinks Brady is greatest of all time.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Wilbon saying no one cares about the mic’d up segments because you don’t get anything out of them. Apparently we get more out of talking men and women presenting contrived takes disguised as brave stances.

The biggest takeaway of the games, quite frankly: Stephen A. Smith now thinks Brady is greatest of all time.

Allen Iverson stopped taking his calls.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Thank you for the nightmare fuel, 02062.

Coma
    Participant

I saw something pretty succinct on twitter about people having a problem with the current overtime rules because of the Patriots-Chiefs game: They don’t want the OT rules changed, they want the winner changed.

Lebron
    Participant

Guessing I lost yet another long time friend  – with the Rivera results he noticed that the look at me Bill Ballou lied about not voting for him.  I said yeah it’s the Shaugnessy ‘tomato can’ blueprint where you write a look at me piece and then you make the national rounds to gin up your relevancy.  He responded yeah well at least Shaugnessy was/is right.  Fucking done.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Guessing I lost yet another long time friend – with the Rivera results he noticed that the look at me Bill Ballou lied about not voting for him. I said yeah it’s the Shaugnessy ‘tomato can’ blueprint where you write a look at me piece and then you make the national rounds to gin up your relevancy. He responded yeah well at least Shaugnessy was/is right. Fucking done.

There really are people who agree with him out there??

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 184 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar