Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/21/19-1/27/19 Daily Thread – Who Needs Two Weeks Off?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 183 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Lefty 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 184 total)
  • Author

Bowd Crowder
    Participant

I watched the first 90 seconds of that video. The woman who came in at #10 speaks “American” so I don’t know how official that list is.

Coma
    Participant

Wickersham has a piece “look(ing) inside the dysfunction that has defined the Browns”. I assume it’s every bit as accurate as his Pats hit job.

I assume the Steelers are next on his docket? The Eagles who have anonymous players criticizing Wentz?

Who knows if the Eagles are accurate, but, if they are, Wentz apparently has a massive ego for someone who played at the FCS level and has never appeared in an NFL playoff game. I hope there is something behind this and whatever decision the Eagles make to rectify the situation burns them. Then they can build a statue about it.

3 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

“As a thought leader it is your duty to create original content”  (hipster broad from that list).  Do the scrambled eggs I just booted all over my keyboard count?

2 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

If you post a picture of the eggs and make up a story about how that made you a better influencer

NASCL
    Participant

What is the Misfits that Gill applied to be on?

I don’t ask for much, but please tell me it’s some reality TV show.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

“Original content” and “quality content” are not one in the same. The overwhelming amount of content generated by these so-called ‘influencers’ is absolute garbage.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Sounds like Shank is getting the national radio rounds based on Schilling.  Caught a blurb of him on the Will Cain radio hour on ESPN saying he doesn’t vote for Schilling because he lied to Adam Jones and he called for the lynching of journos.  It’s not political mind you, he just can’t bring himself to vote for a borderline HOF guy who lies to Adam Jones.

Lebron
    Participant

Correction I meant that he called Adam Jones the baseball player a liar when he said he heard n bombs at Fenway.

NASCL
    Participant

If you offered me to $8,000,000 and three days of research to explain what Joe Gills does for work (besides nothing), I wouldn’t stand a chance of collecting.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

And we all know Shank has nothing but the highest standards for people and associates.  Take that John Henry Williams fellow he was so tight with until Ted died and he didn’t get the book rights.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Nobody knows if Haslam — who along with Dee declined to be interviewed for this story — will change his approach, or if the 64-year-old man worth an estimated $2.7 billion, who has willed himself to business success in other areas, is even capable of it.

So the owner and his wife were not interviewed for the story.  Yet he projects on topics like who the owner is and what he wants to be.

Haslam wanted to draft Johnny Manziel, not Teddy Bridgewater, in the 2014 NFL Draft because Bridgewater’s handshake rubbed him the wrong way.

I can’t find a source he cites for this, even an anonymous source.  The first thing you think, if true, is it was more of a Jocko approved move, so you’d think you’d want to cite something for that.  Jesus

1 user thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Haslam is a clearly in the bottom 5 of NFL owners. He’s up there with clowns like Irsay but he never managed to get lucky enough to get a Peyton Manning handed to him in the draft. Source our not I 100% believe that he’s a big reason that team sucks.

Lebron
    Participant

Right, I don’t think he’s breaking any new ground or ‘oh wow I didn’t know it was that bad.’  1-31 over 2 seasons says all you need to know.

chicowalker
    Participant

If we were joking around here about creating a staff full of hardos who are going to undermine you at any chance, is there anyone we’d pick besides Haley and Gregggg?

Big Fat O
    Participant

HOF votes are the media’s revenge. Shank and the rest can crow about being the guardians of the gate and the players can do nothing about it now.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

TEC, Drew Henson and Giardi are on Russillo’s latest podcast with Brady stories. Fun listen. I skipped to the start of the TEC interview then turned it off when Ryan started his bachelor rant with 12 min left but the 20 or so minutes in the middle were good.

Giardi stuck to his obsession with Jimmy G., I presume.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Sunday’s paper (I think, maybe Saturday or Monday) had columns from all their voters explaining.

Does anyone know for sure? I looked at Jan 19,20, 21 online and couldn’t find that piece — even though I read it and posted about it.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

I was watching a webcast of a Holy Cross game last night. A graphic came on listing a bunch of facts about the school, enrollment, etc.

Then it showed. “Famous Graduate”. Which of these 5 people was the person?

Bob Cousy, Bill Simmons, Dan Shaughnessy, Clarence Thomas, Edward Bennett Williams, Chris Matthews

Unbelievably, it was Simmons. Much as I dislike Shank, I would not put a picture of him next to “Alleged Celebrity” in the dictionary.

Matthews went to HC? I thought he was either in Philly, DC, or Martha’s Vineyard.

Franky, aside from Cooz, you can shitcan the rest.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

What is the Misfits that Gill applied to be on?

I don’t ask for much, but please tell me it’s some reality TV show.

Visa to relocate to The Island of Misfit Toys.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

HOF votes are the media’s revenge. Shank and the rest can crow about being the guardians of the gate and the players can do nothing about it now.

And then repair to their little clubhouse in the woods and nominate one another for the TRUE Hall of Fame. And then vote each other in. And then issue tweets about how awesome that year’s writer is and how he is truly worthy of the Hall of Fame.

Bruce had this one covered pretty well, I believe.

jforb
    Participant

Sunday’s paper (I think, maybe Saturday or Monday) had columns from all their voters explaining.

Does anyone know for sure? I looked at Jan 19,20, 21 online and couldn’t find that piece — even though I read it and posted about it.

Monday, D4

Big Fat O
    Participant

Isn’t it great how all the talk is the Ats would have lost if the guy was onside and how bad Brady was. Nothing about the Chiefs losing because they could stop all of the 3rd and longs.

its so tiring listen to all of these media guys rooting for failure.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

Wait, was that the media singing Happy Birthday to Coach McEdgy yesterday? I need to adjust my douchechills accordingly.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I just got an email from the Pats Charitable foundation to enter a raffle for SuperBowl tickets. Hopefully I don’t win because after I entered I realized the prize does not include airfare or hotel. :blink: The drawing is the 30th. I can’t imagine it is very easy to get flights or book a hotel the Wednesday before the game.

Doncabesa
    Participant

I just got an email from the Pats Charitable foundation to enter a raffle for SuperBowl tickets. Hopefully I don’t win because after I entered I realized the prize does not include airfare or hotel. :blink: The drawing is the 30th. I can’t imagine it is very easy to get flights or book a hotel the Wednesday before the game.

I’m a roughly 6 hour drive away so hopefully I beat the .00001% odds an win one of the 3 things I’m entered in for  :lol:

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 184 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar