Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/21/19-1/27/19 Daily Thread – Who Needs Two Weeks Off?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 183 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Lefty 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 184 total)
  • Author

Feejis
    Participant

Hotel might be tough but with Uber there’s gotta be somewhere you could stay.

Its a long drive, I think you’ve gotta fly as close as you can then drive from there.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Picked up pieces:

Schilling stiffed the morning show today.  Possibly related to Reimer being on.

The Globe Names section obsession with Mindy Kaling continued today.

The morning show is trying so hard to be Howard Stern circa 2003 it’s embarrassing.

I like listening to football betting podcasts.

I’m kinda excited about Celtics-Warriors Saturday night.

jforb
    Participant

Atlanta’s a big hub, you could probably cheat and book to somewhere else and hop off. Believe that screws you on the return though.
    ed: 5 minutes of playing around on kayak says that’s too obvious and the airlines have jacked up prices for everything through Atlanta

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  jforb.

Coma
    Participant

Wait, was that the media singing Happy Birthday to Coach McEdgy yesterday? I need to adjust my douchechills accordingly.

According to the Manza-Young/Breer stylebook, as long as no one in the media referred to McVay as “coach” before, after or during the song, it’s acceptable behavior. Otherwise, it would be too “buddy-buddy.”

Lebron
    Participant

I remember Breer scoffing at the idea of referring to a professional head coach as “Coach” but then immediately went with Shady and Boogie when referring to professional players.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

I just got an email from the Pats Charitable foundation to enter a raffle for SuperBowl tickets. Hopefully I don’t win because after I entered I realized the prize does not include airfare or hotel. :blink: The drawing is the 30th. I can’t imagine it is very easy to get flights or book a hotel the Wednesday before the game.

<Insert Smokey and the Bandit theme here>

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Rickkyboy.

Coma
    Participant

Just remember, the Patriots are the dysfunctional franchise:

Apparently, Tomlin told his players that the Steelers will move on from Antonio Brown, as soon as he stops being productive. Good luck getting Brown to report to camp next summer and don’t expect to get an equal return in a trade. Also, don’t be surprised if other players aren’t as loyal when they hit free agency.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Sunday’s paper (I think, maybe Saturday or Monday) had columns from all their voters explaining.

Does anyone know for sure? I looked at Jan 19,20, 21 online and couldn’t find that piece — even though I read it and posted about it.

Monday, D4

Some over there has some shame. Checked both the regular online and e-paper and neither has it. In fact, scrolling page by page through Monday’s ePaper, it appears that Section D has entirely disappeared.

All was not lost, however. I was able to be aware of, and decline to click on, Shaughnessy’s breakthrough reporting that the first Pats-Rams SB “started it all.” I assume this Sunday will be a deep dive into the difference in BB’s and Sean’s ages. MUST-READ!

jforb
    Participant

Does this work? Anyone not FWL may not want to click.

Participant

“SawRrrreeeee Brother John, the cap is crap.”

John Harbaugh: Ravens want C.J. Mosley to re-sign, but ‘there are limitations with money’

“What’s everyone looking forward to in Atlanta?”  James Brown, Inside The NFL to Simms, Gunner, Steve Smith and Ray Lewis – and he said it with a straight face when he came to Ray.

Humphrey
    Participant

I just got an email from the Pats Charitable foundation to enter a raffle for SuperBowl tickets. Hopefully I don’t win because after I entered I realized the prize does not include airfare or hotel. :blink: The drawing is the 30th. I can’t imagine it is very easy to get flights or book a hotel the Wednesday before the game.

<Insert Smokey and the Bandit theme here>

Long live Fred

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Humphrey.

Lebron
    Participant

Just remember, the Patriots are the dysfunctional franchise:

Apparently, Tomlin told his players that the Steelers will move on from Antonio Brown, as soon as he stops being productive. Good luck getting Brown to report to camp next summer and don’t expect to get an equal return in a trade. Also, don’t be surprised if other players aren’t as loyal when they hit free agency.

Saw they were also talking extension for Rapist, who of course has started the last 2 offseasons with gosh gee I dunno guys not sure if I’m going to retire.  What’s that, more microphones and headlines?  Oh OK, you got me, I’ll play!  Yeah, that’s the guy I want to spend time/money on working toward a new contract.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Does this work? Anyone not FWL may not want to click.

That’s it, jforb. Thanks.

It reminded me that Shack’s lede was a single-phrase referring to a Top 5 song by Three Dog Night, released in 1969.

I haven’t a shred of doubt that the Curly-haired Pop Reference Prince did not know Harry Nilsson wrote it. His knowledge and insights are as superficial as they are unamusing.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Picked up pieces:

Schilling stiffed the morning show today. Possibly related to Reimer being on.

The Globe Names section obsession with Mindy Kaling continued today.

The morning show is trying so hard to be Howard Stern circa 2003 it’s embarrassing.

I like listening to football betting podcasts.

I’m kinda excited about Celtics-Warriors Saturday night.

Don’t forget Shank calling in to defend his thin skin.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I wouldn’t say I missed it.

Coma
    Participant

The folks at 345 Park Avenue announced a fine for unnecessary roughness for the defensive back on the missed pass interference play late in the NFCCG. The league hasn’t made any public comment about that play, but I guess issuing a fine would seem like an admission that there was a missed call. It’s not like they had to do that, as the KC linebacker who took a head-hunting, cheapshot on Edelman after an INT wasn’t fined. I’m sure Goodell and company know what’s best, though.

NASCL
    Participant

Trying to determine which one is BSMW Man.

Guy driving car?

Guy on hood?

5 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

Trying to determine which one is BSMW Man.

Guy driving car?

Guy on hood?

Guy filming waiting to see which one ends up dead.   The ultimate Iran/Iraq view.

6 users thanked author for this post.

NASCL
    Participant

I’m enjoying the Twitter take-down of Lil’ Jerry.

I still think his greatest crime against humanity is being *** *****’s Whitest Knight.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

Ok, whomever that bimbo was “singing” the anthem at the NHL all star game is, pls don’t ever let her do that again.

Big Fat O
    Participant

I’m enjoying the Twitter take-down of Lil’ Jerry.

I still think his greatest crime against humanity is being *** *****’s Whitest Knight.

Summary please

Yahtzee
    Participant

From what I can tell, Jerry’s shoe peeing tweets are all coming home to roost.  Including Van Noy calling him out.

1 user thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

Jesus that puck tracking is awful.

Feejis
    Participant

Ok, whomever that bimbo was “singing” the anthem at the NHL all star game is, pls don’t ever let her do that again.

Guessing she was missing harmonies 1 through 4?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Based on his whiny column this morning, Cafardo may need to quit baseball. The sport is leaving him and his values behind.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 184 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar