Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/24/18 Daily Thread

This topic contains 96 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 1 year ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 97 total)
  • Author

Beaker
    Participant

I heard a grown ass man say yesterday “have you tried their breakfast sammies? Delish.” Lil’ Rocket Man needs to get that missile flying straight

‘za!

Roving death squads need to be dispatched to downtown Boston

BSF34
    Participant

Dilly- Dilly is Douchey-Douchey.

Wait, what?

Feejis
    Participant

I wish I could post the photos but there’s a shitty store in Norfolk that sells K-cups and they’re selling several horrible dilly dilly themed t-shirts.

https://m.facebook.com/OneCupNorfolk/

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

I wish I could post the photos but there’s a shitty store in Norfolk that sells K-cups and they’re selling several horrible dilly dilly themed t-shirts.

That’s some good unlicensed merchandise. Might get my sister some.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I’m all for virtue. It’s the signaling that pisses me off.

(See also: Orr, Bobby)

Kevin
    Participant

We’ve been over this – thou shalt not be drinking Sam Adams.

Normally I’d agree, but it’s the only acceptable choice at this local place we go for wings. It’s either that, Dilly Dilly, or Tastes Great, Less Filling.

Kevin
    Participant

I drive by that place on the way home from the games sometimes. How the hell do they survive? Are K cups hard to find?

If you’re into that gourmet shit like Jimmy from Pulp Fiction, you’re not drinking from K cups anyway.

Lebron
    Participant

Pete loves to sprinkle his social justice warrior recommendations everywhere.  No doubt he’s like the preacher in High Plains Drifter, screaming at Eastwood that it’s inhuman to kick your brothers and sisters out into the street.  Then when Clint says oh if they’re all your brothers and sisters you take them in, preacher then reluctantly offers to take them in at not a penny more than standard hotel rates.

Feejis
    Participant

I wish I could post the photos but there’s a shitty store in Norfolk that sells K-cups and they’re selling several horrible dilly dilly themed t-shirts. https://m.facebook.com/OneCupNorfolk/

I drive by that place on the way home from the games sometimes. How the hell do they survive? Are K cups hard to find? If you’re into that gourmet shit like Jimmy from Pulp Fiction, you’re not drinking from K cups anyway.

I believe they allow you to mix and match individual cups and not have to buy full boxes of each variety.

Plus they sell awesome merchandise and fidget spinners and stuff…

BrianInLA
    Participant

Whomever programs Amazon Alexa sure has a sense of humor when it comes to the Super Bowl and who it thinks will win. :dry:

Suzy
    Participant

I know “virtue signaling” is an overused phrase, but Fatty can’t go five minutes without doing it. He’s one of the most shameless practitioners of it. He’s the worst kind of morality police/social engineer. Who the F does he think he is? Fatty, if we were going to choose morality police for our society, you’re the last person I’d choose. You don’t have the qualifications to judge anyone else.

In a “profession” full of them he’s the biggest fraud out there is and it’s not even close.  :pk:

:rollseyes:

Kingasaurus
    Participant

God, the entire country is full of gigantic fucking babies.

When did this happen?

chicowalker
    Participant

What does the score have to be for it not to be pinned on the refs/cheating/lack of Wentz?  35-7?

Lefty

God, the entire country is full of gigantic fucking babies. When did this happen?

Right after we won the big one.

And by that I mean SB 36

Feejis
    Participant

:rollseyes:

Lispy Jake is using the present tense here. I’m sure he knows whatever “facts” there are to make such a statement. He’s a professional journalist and all.

Greek Freak
    Participant

God, the entire country is full of gigantic fucking babies. When did this happen?

Probably after the 2008 Election

Major Intangibles
    Participant

The nice thing about Davos is that there won’t be anyone bothering Head Teller Annie about this there:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Doncabesa
    Participant

what the fuck is dilly dilly?  I feel like Brian over here, I guess not having cable coverage leaves me out of the shitty ad loop.

With the Lewis/Jack play, walk me through it. Because I’ve had my mind changed a couple times.

The Jags conventional wisdom is it was a clear fumble, Jack recovered without being touched, and would have had a clear TD (love how that’s the accepted conclusion is he had clear sailing from the Jags 32 to the end zone) without the “quick” whistle. When I watched, I thought yes it was a fumble, but there’s no way Jack strips and recovers that ball without being touched by Lewis (which would follow a pretty screwy logic: if the ball is loose on top of a player on the ground, and you pull the ball from that player, regardless is you touch the player as you’re pulling the ball free, if you don’t have possession until you are no longer touching that player, technically you are not “down”). Then there were the discussions here about how Lewis initially lost the ball, but had it wedged against his thigh until he was down, swaying me to think not a fumble.

I’m wondering if the problem is people en masse are incorrectly applying catch rule logic to fumbles. So when they see the ball initially loose and then loose at the end, it doesn’t matter to them that Lewis had repossession going to the ground. They’re thinking of the “survives the ground” threshold, which has nothing to do with fumbles.

If the refs think Lewis didn’t actually repossess the ball against his thigh as he was going down, I think that’s reasonable. That could go either way. But to think he wasn’t touched when pulling the ball from Lewis is idiotic.

Kevin
    Participant

Who is this asshole?

Suzy
    Participant

Who is this asshole? https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

I know…I know…I know you don’t… 

Now the stammering, stuttering prick’s going to brag to everyone how he didn’t back down.   :rollseyes:

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

At this point why can’t the media figure out they can’t trick Bill into publicly:

a. Bad mouthing an opponent.

b. Bad mouthing his players.

c. Offering up more information than what is listed on the injury report.

d. Discussing strategy specifics for an upcoming game.

e. Blaming a loss in the refs.

f. Wallowing in self-pity or bragging about last weeks game.

It’s been over 15 years not he’s not going to suddenly change and the media aint getting any smarter so whats the point.

Suzy
    Participant

At this point why can’t the media figure out they can’t trick Bill into publicly: a. Bad mouthing an opponent. b. Bad mouthing his players. c. Offering up more information than what is listed on the injury report. d. Discussing strategy specifics for an upcoming game. e. Blaming a loss in the refs. f. Wallowing in self-pity or bragging about last weeks game. It’s been over 15 years not he’s not going to suddenly change and the media aint getting any smarter so whats the point.

The public in general still doesn’t get him and the media’s even dumber than that.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar