Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/24/18 Daily Thread

This topic contains 96 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 47 posts - 51 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Author

Lewis even atoned for his fumble with an 18-yard, third-down run to ice it. “Are you serious?!” Coughlin moaned in the press box.

:lol:

Greek Freak
    Participant

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Connecticut I understand but why does Vermont hate the Pats? I seriously doubt Idaho or Wisconsin give a shit and I think that a lot of folks in Minnesota kinda don’t want to see Philly win it all.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Curran’s pessimism about this game is pissing me off.  He’s been badmouthing the talent level on the defense all year. He’s acting like he just blew into town yesterday.

Lefty

At this point why can’t the media figure out they can’t trick Bill into publicly: a. Bad mouthing an opponent. b. Bad mouthing his players. c. Offering up more information than what is listed on the injury report. d. Discussing strategy specifics for an upcoming game. e. Blaming a loss in the refs. f. Wallowing in self-pity or bragging about last weeks game. It’s been over 15 years not he’s not going to suddenly change and the media aint getting any smarter so whats the point.

At this point, it is not about getting any information whatsoever or even tricking him.  It is about baiting him into a moment like that so they can act like they (the questioner) are an important and legitimate person, because BB took a bite out of them.  It’s like a weird way of making their bones.  You can almost hear all the little pricks getting together for a beer together (all split checks, no tab) and entertaining each other with their stories of how they got gored by BB.  So pathetic.

NASCL
    Participant

It all comes back to Fargo, Danny.

Lefty

Connecticut I understand but why does Vermont hate the Pats? I seriously doubt Idaho or Wisconsin give a shit and I think that a lot of folks in Minnesota kinda don’t want to see Philly win it all.

Brady’s Trump hat pushed Vermont over the edge

Beaker
    Participant

The nice thing about Davos is that there won’t be anyone bothering Head Teller Annie about this there:

You still get the toaster oven when you open the account. They’re not monsters.

Participant

Curran’s pessimism about this game is pissing me off. He’s been badmouthing the talent level on the defense all year. He’s acting like he just blew into town yesterday.

They clinched a soupy trip the other day
    Brady led the charge in the usual way
    But there were columns to write and clicks to chase
    He’s gotta pretend Giles is smart right to his face

chicowalker
    Participant

Wait, is ND rooting against them because Wentz isn’t playing? :lol:   :blink:

chicowalker
    Participant

Connecticut can continue to get fucked as well

Participant

What’s that the Globe and Shank are woefully out of touch?

Child, please.

What could be better than a pre-soupy column on Philly fans from the Tito Francona perspective?

Tito last managed in Philly in late September of 2000 – only 17 years ago.

chicowalker
    Participant

Let me guess- they booed Santa? :rollseyes:

Major Intangibles
    Participant

The nice thing about Davos is that there won’t be anyone bothering Head Teller Annie about this there:

If they were monsters, they’d give out Crock-Pots.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Participant

Didn’t get that far over at shank watch.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Curran’s pessimism about this game is pissing me off. He’s been badmouthing the talent level on the defense all year. He’s acting like he just blew into town yesterday.

They clinched a soupy trip the other day Brady led the charge in the usual way But there were columns to write and clicks to chase He’s gotta pretend Giles is smart right to his face

He thinks it’s such a bad matchup that Philly’s going to put 30 on this defense? Fine, the Pats will put up 35. Fuck it.

Feejis
    Participant

They clinched a soupy trip the other day Brady led the charge in the usual way But there were columns to write and clicks to chase He’s gotta pretend Giles is smart right to his face

He thinks it’s such a bad matchup that Philly’s going to put 30 on this defense? Fine, the Pats will put up 35. Fuck it.

Is TEC honing in on coach Craig’s territory here and pretending to be able to scout and analyze film?

jforb
    Participant

Globe had an article sort of defending that today

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Is TEC honing in on coach Craig’s territory here and pretending to be able to scout and analyze film?

He’s been shitting on the linebackers all year. Probably once Lombardi sounded the gong of doom he felt emboldened to do the same thing.

Is “BAD MATCHUP!” the mantra for these two weeks? Let me know now. Once Ordway starts parroting it, were all done.

Nick B
    Participant

He’s been shitting on the linebackers all year. Probably once Lombardi sounded the gong of doom he felt emboldened to do the same thing. Is “BAD MATCHUP!” the mantra for these two weeks? Let me know now. Once Ordway starts parroting it, were all done.

don’t they say this every week? Doesn’t really matter, seems every team is a bad Matchup.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

don’t they say this every week? Doesn’t really matter, seems every team is a bad Matchup.

Worst matchup for the Pats since 36! (for some reason ignoring the two they lost against Coughlin).

Coma
    Participant

What does the score have to be for it not to be pinned on the refs/cheating/lack of Wentz? 35-7?

If anything, the Patriots winning in a convincing fashion will only amplify those claims – The Eagles lost 3 games this season by a total of 27 points. Now, they lose to the Patriots by 28? No way! It had to be conspiracy theory/rigged game/baseless cheating accusation!

Big Fat O
    Participant

It still boils down to Nick Foles and can he play like he did on Sunday or suck like he usually does.

Once the Pats got their act together on Sunday they made Bortles try to best them and he wilted. Will Foles wilt or step up.

They need to start better than they have been lately. We don’t need anymore come backs in the 4 th quarter.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

It still boils down to Nick Foles and can he play like he did on Sunday or suck like he usually does. Once the Pats got their act together on Sunday they made Bortles try to best them and he wilted. Will Foles wilt or step up.

See, I don’t think Foles sucks. Waiting for him to fail is a mistake. But somehow the Falcons defense held those guys to 15 points, and I have to believe the Pats offense can figure things out and score enough.

Lebron
    Participant

Saw some story/column yesterday about the NFL bringing back the ‘controversial’ replay crew headed by Riveron.  What the fuck is ‘controversial’ about them or the calls they made other than they correctly interpreted rules with regard to catching a fucking football? Boo fucking hoo if you don’t like the calls.  Yeah, let’s bring back President of the Greek Council Dean fucking Blandino.  Those were the days.

On a somewhat related note watching the Aussie Open and you see players challenge calls, they put it up on a board for all to see.  If a ball is even a hair on the line or a hair off, they adjust or maintain calls accordingly.  Everyone moves on.  Meanwhile in the NFL you get owners like Pegula screaming about the Benjamin non-catch saying ‘that’s not what replay was intended for!’  What the fuck, replay isn’t supposed to get the calls right, it’s just supposed to confirm some ‘eh, good enough’ ruling on the field that’s fucking wrong?  He tried really hard and looked pretty and fans like it so just rule it a catch?  Fucking people.

Lebron
    Participant

It still boils down to Nick Foles and can he play like he did on Sunday or suck like he usually does. Once the Pats got their act together on Sunday they made Bortles try to best them and he wilted. Will Foles wilt or step up.

See, I don’t think Foles sucks. Waiting for him to fail is a mistake. But somehow the Falcons defense held those guys to 15 points, and I have to believe the Pats offense can figure things out and score enough.

Tom, we’ve been to seven eight Super Bowls together.  We’ve never scored in the first quarter.  You think we can get that done this time?

Lebron
    Participant

They’ve lost two to Goober Eli and had a nail biter with Jake Delhomme.  Foles will play well enough.

Feejis
    Participant

I count 21 of the active 53 as being not in the organization last season.

In case anyone is wondering how they get up for every game, week in and week out and don’t take prior seasons for granted.

jforb
    Participant

They’ve lost two to Goober Eli and had a nail biter with Jake Delhomme. Foles will play well enough.

Was going to ask about personnel against Delhomme by the end of the game but it wasn’t as bad as I remember. But who the hell is Shawn Mayer?

Lefty

“I think the answer we were looking for was “pressure cookers.”  “At least they don’t give away pressure cookers.””

chicowalker
    Participant

I was going to give you hell because I love my crock pot, then I discovered what this is really in reference to, and I can’t give you hell because you’re apparently already there :lol:

Kevin
    Participant

Major is with us? Who knew?

BTW, I think Chico secretly is too. What, you googled “crock pot” and found out? :lol:

Speaking of which, I wouldn’t have minded DIAF after the Favre/Elway Super Bowl. That would have been less painful.

chicowalker
    Participant

Major is with us? Who knew? BTW, I think Chico secretly is too. What, you googled “crock pot” and found out? 😆 Speaking of which, I wouldn’t have minded DIAF after the Favre/Elway Super Bowl. That would have been less painful.

Get bent ;-)   front page of yahoo  https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/fiery-ending-us-fans-throwing-away-crock-pots-061211880.html

BrianInLA
    Participant

Do you know how hard it is to convince people on this coast that aren’t sports fans that this really happened? I’ve seriously had at least 3 people take out a phone and google it.  And no, they weren’t all female.

Participant

This Frank Bruni fella is fucking insane…..

“The Patriots perfectly embody our income-inequality era and the tax reform that President Trump recently signed. Their good fortune begets more good fortune. They shamelessly hoard glory. And there’s frequently a whiff of cheating in their success.”

“These titans stick together in the way that many titans do, not because they share some special affection or particular philosophy but because each sees in the others’ stature an affirmation of his own. They’re a cluster strut”

Beaker
    Participant

Pops and buzzes

Coma
    Participant

Saw some story/column yesterday about the NFL bringing back the ‘controversial’ replay crew headed by Riveron. What the fuck is ‘controversial’ about them or the calls they made other than they correctly interpreted rules with regard to catching a fucking football? Boo fucking hoo if you don’t like the calls. Yeah, let’s bring back President of the Greek Council Dean fucking Blandino. Those were the days. On a somewhat related note watching the Aussie Open and you see players challenge calls, they put it up on a board for all to see. If a ball is even a hair on the line or a hair off, they adjust or maintain calls accordingly. Everyone moves on. Meanwhile in the NFL you get owners like Pegula screaming about the Benjamin non-catch saying ‘that’s not what replay was intended for!’ What the fuck, replay isn’t supposed to get the calls right, it’s just supposed to confirm some ‘eh, good enough’ ruling on the field that’s fucking wrong? He tried really hard and looked pretty and fans like it so just rule it a catch? Fucking people.

But it felt like a catch, didn’t it. Who cares what replay shows?

I’m not sure if Blandino is exceptionally shrewd or staggering dumb. When he was in charge of officiating, he defended every gaffe or controversial call and maintained that the officials handled everything correctly. Now that he’s working on TV, he’s criticizing the same kind of calls he used to justify and saying that the NFL didn’t value his position enough. Does anyone believe that if he was able to get his NFL job back, he would become some sort of truth teller, ripping poor officiating and saying teams were robbed. He’d be the same yes man he was last year.

jforb
    Participant

Always go with staggeringly dumb until proven otherwise.

Lebron
    Participant

Wait, this guy ices himself with a crock pot?

BrianInLA
    Participant

From NFL.com as to merch sales by state…

Indiana and New York?

Kevin
    Participant

From NFL.com as to merch sales by state…

Indiana and New York?

Antonio Brown in Ohio? Ouch. :lol:

Coma
    Participant

From NFL.com as to merch sales by state… Indiana and New York?

Illinois is really buying Trubisky merch? He could end up being good, but you could also end up throwing it away like the Curtis Enis and Rashaan Salaam jerseys. I’d hold off on buying anything Bears related until next year at least.

Kingasaurus
    Participant
    Illinois is really buying Trubisky merch? He could end up being good, but you could also end up throwing it away like the Curtis Enis and Rashaan Salaam jerseys. I’d hold off on buying anything Bears related until next year at least.

They’re thirsty Bears fans, they’ll jump at anything.

Their last HOF-level QB was over 60 years ago.

chicowalker
    Participant

McCaffrey in North Carolina over Cam Newton?  I wonder why?  :lol:

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

“Compiled by betonline.ag”?
    Are they “polling” people versus the spread?

In addition, the “.ag” domain designation, per Wiki:

The .ag country-code top-level domain name (ccTLD) is an extension that represents Antigua and Barbuda.

So basically a big, splashy graphic illustrating questionable information. The Caribbean NewsMax.

InThisTown
    Participant

That’s why they’re called Offshore books, sir.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

What’s that the Globe and Shank are woefully out of touch? Child, please. What could be better than a pre-soupy column on Philly fans from the Tito Francona perspective? Tito last managed in Philly in late September of 2000 – only 17 years ago.

There are very few associated with professional sports who will speak to Shaughnessy — and their numbers are continuing to shrink. He thinks he has unique access to unconventional story angles; he’s too awesome to crank out the cliches than non Hall of Famers have to rely on.

But the joke is on him. As you observed, Philly is 17 years ago for Terry Francona. So Shank delivers out-of-date lame cliches and microns-deep analysis. Pox on him.

Viewing 47 posts - 51 through 97 (of 97 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar