Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/26/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 45 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Yahtzee 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Just ran across this story. At this point, whatever he is selling is working.  :rollseyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5313689/Brady-credits-controversial-training-guru-Facebook-doc.html

• This topic was modified 11 months, 4 weeks ago by  Rickkyboy.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Sure what Brady is doing is a bit nuts but he’s playing at a world-class level at 40 years old so it works for him and I’m sure hanging out with Gronk would be more  fun than hanging out with Brady. Dudes like Kirby Pucket ended up pushing 300lbs with a Blood-pressure north of 250 over 180 at Bradys age and were dead a few years later so maybe he’s on to something. He can eat all the avacoado ice-cream he wants if he keeps playing like he has this year.

Participant

They sound like the same guy……

Image result for jamie from progressiveImage result for alex reimer

I was re-watching the game this morning. That last Jacksonville offensive play – ball at the 42, 4th-and-14, 1:52 left, all three timeouts – do you think Belichick would go for it in the same situation? There was nothing wrong with the actual call, as it took an elite defensive play to stop. But 4th-and-14 is a difficult situation.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I was re-watching the game this morning. That last Jacksonville offensive play – ball at the 42, 4th-and-14, 1:52 left, all three timeouts – do you think Belichick would go for it in the same situation? There was nothing wrong with the actual call, as it took an elite defensive play to stop. But 4th-and-14 is a difficult situation.

If it was THAT game then I think Belichick definitely punts if its reversed as the Pats D came up huge in the 4th quarter. But there is no way the majority of coaches do that because if it fails then they get ripped. Same with going for it on 4th and 2 years ago. Bill plays to his strengths and tries to win the game based on the situation. I think just about everyone else coaches not to get second guessed by the media which is why we so many stupid clock management decisions year after year.

There is a great feed on twitter where they go over every single Jags play call in the 2nd half and how predictable they were and they were playing “not to lose” rather than to win.

jforb
    Participant

What’s a punt get you? Does field position matter that much when one first down ends the game?

Lebron
    Participant

I don’t understand the standard media bullshit about Jacksonville has to get rid of Blake Bortles, right now.  Why?  I’m not saying he’s an all timer but I don’t see him as some problem they have to address.  They have him under contract for one more year, might as well see what he does in terms of improvement.  If he blows next year then fine don’t re-sign him and look elsewhere.  Like on that 4th and 14, if Gilmore doesn’t make a hell of a defensive play that’s a first down and likely more.  On 4th and 14 in the AFCCG.  It was a good throw and not a poor decision.  Which is what you should be looking for in a QB.  Ravens won a tital with Jumpball Joe, is Bortles any worse?  Christ Flacco has 10 playoff wins

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

The media is having  a hissy fit about paying Bortles 19 mill next year. Some chatter that Eil would go there if he shoots his way out of New York.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I’d take Bortles over someone like Rivers or Eli.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Sure what Brady is doing is a bit nuts but he’s playing at a world-class level at 40 years old so it works for him and I’m sure hanging out with Gronk would be more fun than hanging out with Brady. Dudes like Kirby Pucket ended up pushing 300lbs with a Blood-pressure north of 250 over 180 at Bradys age and were dead a few years later so maybe he’s on to something. He can eat all the avacoado ice-cream he wants if he keeps playing like he has this year.

Exactly!! :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

no dead money if they cut him, if I’m reading this right

edit: won’t link good :blink:

• This reply was modified 11 months, 4 weeks ago by  chicowalker.

Brian
    Participant

Lebron
    Participant

Eagles D a Reflection of Jim Schwartz, Who’ll ‘Kick Your Ass and Outthink You’

Can’t stop laughing at this.  Yeah, the Hardo di tutti Hardi is going to outthink anyone.  Always came across as well prepared in Detroit especially when he cost his team a game on Thanksgiving by throwing a challenge flag inside the 2 minute warning.  Really has it together.  And how about that time he had his defensive players carry him off the field when Buffalo beat Detroit?  Really focused on tasks at hand, I’m sure that was impromptu and didn’t take away from game preparation at all.

Lebron
    Participant

I’d take Bortles over someone like Rivers or Eli.

Right?  And those guys aren’t doing anything but spinning wheels and killing time, at a higher cost.  Might as well go with a guy you have under contract and you’ve learned to live with, and again maybe he gets better.

Sports radio here is reduced to traveling to the Senior Bowl to ‘evaluate’ who the Broncos can draft at 5, plus the Broncos staff is coaching one of the squads.  Remotes from Mobile, Alabama.  Jesus Christ.  Oh and praying that you might be able to sign Kirk Cousins or Case Keenum.  What a miserable existence.  It’s glorious.

chicowalker
    Participant

Speaking of denver, meant to bring this up- in the lead up to the Jacksonville game, felger kept saying “if this game was in Denver, it would be a game..” and the like.  He wasn’t confused, because he said it wouldn’t matter if it was in Jacksonville.  So desperate for the Pats to lose, he had them maybe losing to the Broncos, but not these Broncos..maybe their all-time team?  How is that offensive line going to handle Alzado and Mecklenburg? :dry:

• This reply was modified 11 months, 4 weeks ago by  chicowalker.

Ironhead
    Participant

If Rulon Jones is rushing Tony Eason in the end zone, then I’ll yellow my shoes.

Oh, he’s not you say?  41-16 Pats.  PTT.

BrianInLA
    Participant

There’s no way Philly converts on BOTH two point conversions late in the game.

Ironhead
    Participant

That Michael Felger had to have the Jaguars playing a home game at Mile High in Denver to beat New England in the AFC Championship is fucking perfect.   :lol:

Hacksaw
    Participant

The media is having a hissy fit about paying Bortles 19 mill next year. Some chatter that Eil would go there if he shoots his way out of New York.

Eli would be a perfect back up in Jacksonville.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

There’s no way Philly converts on BOTH two point conversions late in the game.

Intentional safety.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Major Intangibles
    Participant

That Michael Felger had to have the Jaguars playing a home game at Mile High in Denver to beat New England in the AFC Championship is fucking perfect. 😆

Wouldn’t we have had to play Jax at Heinz Field if Pittsburgh had been the 1 seed?

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Ironhead
    Participant

1 TD, 3 FG.  Duh.

That was the score of NE @ DEN this year.

Ironhead
    Participant

ITT beat me to the punch regarding Bedard today – he has Bob Kraft “selling” land in Brookline!! to Brady.

“Selling”.

I vacillate between wanting to let his venture die and organic death and attacking him relentlessly, but he reminds me several times a week he needs to be attacked relentlessly.

Big Fat O
    Participant

BB probably would have punted knowing the defense was playing well and the Jags offense wasn’t.

I can’t blame Morrone for going for it knowing your giving the ball to Brady  and he’ll get a first down given how they were playing at that time.

Coma
    Participant

ITT beat me to the punch regarding Bedard today – he has Bob Kraft “selling” land in Brookline!! to Brady. “Selling”. I vacillate between wanting to let his venture die and organic death and attacking him relentlessly, but he reminds me several times a week he needs to be attacked relentlessly.

Along those lines, Deadspin posted a long article (link) yesterday about the site in Pittsburgh that Bedard copied for BSJ. In short, the guy who runs the site sounds like a very difficult person to work for (they have had a lot of turnover) and kind of creepy, if you’re a female employee. I came away from that thinking that we’re looking at a win-win. Either Bedard’s site fails or, if it lasts, Bedard will end up being reviled by readers and former employees.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar