Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/27/2020-2/2/2020 Weekly Discusson Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    Rickkyboy
    Participant

I’m sorry for your loss LA.

(not really but you’re supposed to say shit like this in times like this)

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

My kid asked ‘why would he be in a helicopter’ and I had to explain how super duper rich people travel and traffic is for peasants.

But every seven years rich celebrities have to tithe one of their best and brightest to the gods of air travel for the privilege.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Lefty

I think it would be fitting when the Lakers next play to force everyone at Staples Center to enter through the back door.

too soon?

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Lefty

I can only imagine the amount of flatulence in an Andy Reid/Peter King occupied car at 3 am would give the fireside scene in “Blazing Saddles” a run for its money.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Yahtzee
    Participant

NY Post:

Thurman Munson’s widow heartbroken for Vanessa Bryant: ‘I wish I could hug her’

Lebron
    Participant

Phil Rivers taking his silly sidearm throwing motion elsewhere. Chargers are moving on. Bring on Tom…

See Phil was ahead of the curve with the chauffeured ride from San Diego to LA.  Kobe should’ve been doing that.

Lebron
    Participant

Can you imagine schlepping your kid to a game in the family truckster and some guy arrives with his kid via helicopter?  Jesus.  Go play baccarat or whatever, this shit ain’t for you.  Also gotta think they land someplace else and still drive in.  For an area game seems dumb, although of course LA traffic.  I’m not carbon footprint warrior but Christ.

Big Fat O
    Participant

When Bill Russell checks out how much fan fare will he get? A few highlights on ESPN. Half the viewers never even heard of him.

Lefty

NY Post:

ok, it’s a photo of the old bat from “Titanic” but WordPress is fucking with me.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Can you imagine schlepping your kid to a game in the family truckster and some guy arrives with his kid via helicopter? Jesus. Go play baccarat or whatever, this shit ain’t for you. Also gotta think they land someplace else and still drive in. For an area game seems dumb, although of course LA traffic. I’m not carbon footprint warrior but Christ.

How about the dynamic that you have a kid on the team and a certain few come by copter. Do you eventually get the hint that your kid is Ringo and is only there as a place holder util a better fit is found?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

NY Post:

Knute Rockne’s widow was at her Pilates class when they called?

The Peter Kingiest thing ever?

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Lefty

For the foreseeable future, every time I do or same something, I just going to end with “I think Kobe would have wanted it this way.”

4 users thanked author for this post.
    chicowalker
    Participant

My buddy’s sister named her kid Kobe (her husband’s favorite player) He’s about 12 so by the time her could be truly into basketball Kobe was on the back 9/injured/retired.  But he does get to answer the question, as a (likely) non rich/famous person the rest of his life…”yes, after him…yes, I was sad I guess…so about that job listing..” :rollseyes:

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Better than naming your kid “ESPN”, pronounced Es-pin. I know two people who did that, kids must be about 15 now.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

My parents just really, really loved high quality Japanese beef.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Better than naming your kid “ESPN”, pronounced Es-pin. I know two people who did that, kids must be about 15 now.

ESPN and ESPN2?

Lebron
    Participant

My approach would be favorite players or places or musicians are good dog names.  Fenway?  Good dog name.  Bruschi?  Can’t go wrong with that.  Dogs only have to deal with it for what 14 years max so it works.  Kobe makes a good dog name.

Lebron
    Participant

No black box on the helicopter.  Not sure if that’s odd or not, I assumed every aircraft had a black box.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I saw that. Didn’t realize that was optional these days. Why would you ever NOT want one?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Why don’t they make the whole helicopter out of the same stuff they make the black box?

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Heck I thought you needed 2 of them.  One of them was recording the pilots and one was doing something else.  Who knows.  Maybe they didn’t want them because of weight especially if they are optional?

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Why don’t they make the whole helicopter out of the same stuff they make the black box?

you didnt hear? no black box on the copter. settings and such were stored on an ipad or other smallish device.

Rickkyboy
    Participant
    BrianInLA
    Participant

It sure sounds like the pilot tried to fly under the fog and flew right into the side of a mountain from all the eyewitness accounts and the last voice transmission from the pilot. They have been making it VERY clear on tv here that the “Pilot has the final say if they fly no matter what. NO MATTER WHAT!!!” over and over again. I suppose that’s technically true but I’m sure if Kobe said “Hey, there’s an extra $5k in this if you get me to the game on time and if you don’t want to fly I’ll just get someone else to do it” that the pilot probably could have been talked into it. To not fault him at all is just more stupid media. Brady gets ripped for posting a pic of his kids shirtless in an artistic and loving pic. Kobe puts his kid in danger, she ends up dying in a senseless accident, and he’s a hero?

What has been fascinating is that everyone at work who is vocally into the #metoo movement and comments on every single piece of Weinstein news are all on the side of Kobe vs the girl he raped. Its mind boggling.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar