Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/27/2020-2/2/2020 Weekly Discusson Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    Lebron
    Participant

Bensons are crazy Catholics so they’re heavily involved with the church there. They probably volunteered their services then of course bollixed the whole thing using their league email addresses to give the advice.  Morons.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

The football podcast intelligencia are picking the Niners at a surprising rate. I think I’m leaning towards the Chiefs, falling behind as usual, catching up by halftime then pulling ahead in the second half.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Latest trade rumors have Betts being dealt for Loui Eriksson, Jaklob Forsbacka-Karlsson, Matt Fraser, Jeremy Lauzon, Joe Morrow, Wayne Primeau, Zach Senyshyn, Reilly Smith, Brad Stuart and Marco Sturm.

:dry:

Seriously, how could Dombrowski let them get into this pickle? Did he take lessons from Chiarelli?

jforb
    Participant

The football podcast intelligencia are picking the Niners at a surprising rate. I think I’m leaning towards the Chiefs, falling behind as usual, catching up by halftime then pulling ahead in the second half.

I think it will come down to whether Mahomes is good enough to cover for Reid’s ability to fuck up. No idea what the answer to that question is.

jforb
    Participant

Also screw everyone saying Reid deserves a win. Winning is hard, giving one to the guy who’s had 20+ years to do it and failed means it’s a participation trophy.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

If they shed Price and end up with Dustin May I might actually talk myself into it.  If the reports are accurate or even close they aren’t bridging a $100 million gap on a long term deal.  Dodgers outfield will be crowded with Betts throw in Pederson maybe.

Lebron
    Participant

Holy shit Coach K plays the “I was emotional about Kobe” card in explaining his nutty the other night.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Did Forsburg have a stroke or Bell’s palsy. Looks like the right side of his mouth is lame.

I finally learned last year he is deaf in one ear.

Participant

Lefty, all that’s missing from the deal is Carol Vadnais and Joe Zanussi.

Lebron
    Participant

Now it sounds like while the pilot was certified to fly with instruments in deteriorating weather conditions, the company he flew for and perhaps the helicopter itself was not.  Lawsuits out the yang on the horizon.

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

Regarding 02062’s post about Pennel and the Globe article, I’m pretty sure Almost-A-Coach opined that signing Pennel in the first place was a sign of desperation by the Patriots. This was because he had been suspended for PEDs in the past and, in Craig’s squinty eyes, was a risky acquisition. Now, the Globe is telling us the Patriots really could have used Pennel to stop Derrick Henry and the Chiefs were smart to pick him up. It’s almost like different teams are held to different standards.

Speaking of transparency something I’ve learned from the Entitled Town podcast, whenever Bedard criticizes a player you can assume his agent is not Brian Murphy and that maybe Brian Murphy has a client who would benefit by said player’s misfortune.  A quick google search fails to turn up his agent but bet against Murphy.

Participant

You’d figure going from Josh/BB to Coach Kangol would be a downgrade.  Not if you are Peter King.

“The one I kind of believe is the sleeping giant in this is Tampa Bay,” King told WEEI’s “Dale & Keefe” on Thursday. “And, when I say that, if Jameis Winston is realistic with what his contract demands slash requests — whatever — are, in my opinion, he’ll be the quarterback of the Bucs next year. But, I don’t know that, I’m hearing some things out of Tampa that he might want — and his agents might want — a little bit more money than the Bucs want to pay. And we’ll see if that pans out.”

King explained his reasoning regarding Tampa Bay. In essence, it boils down to the appeal of Buccaneers head coach Bruce Arians, seen was one of the more creative offensive minds in the league

Lebron
    Participant

Dodgers supposedly reluctant if not flat out refusing to include that top shortstop prospect, Gavin Lux.  Fuck you.  You want a proven commodity like Betts but you won’t throw in an unknown shortstop?  I’d say Betts and Price and  take on some salary you sure as shit better be getting Dustin May and one of Lux/Alex Verdugo who is the outfielder prospect.  If Price is included in the deal then take Verdugo.  If he’s not fuck you it’s Betts for May and Lux at least.

Lebron
    Participant

Coach Kangol, who can’t keep his yap shut about players and has a health issue every couple of years is now some major draw?

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Arians seems to have built this reputation as an offensive guru based almost entirely on telling the media that his game plan was perfect but his players fucked it up. :blink: :blink: :blink:

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Not sure if it’s iTunes/Apple Music but I keep getting this issue with podcasts where they either repeat segments – been having that with Entitled Town – or they just flat out drop while playing.  No loss of connectivity involved, they just drop.  Not sure if it’s the source or what, I never have that issue with music.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

“This is probably not going to get a good review, but I’m going to say Adolf Hitler. It was obviously very sad and he had bad motives, but the way he was able to lead was second-to-none. How he rallied a group and a following, I want to know how he did that. Bad intentions of course, but you can’t deny he wasn’t a great leader.”

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2873908-grand-valley-state-oc-morris-berger-resigns-after-adolf-hitler-comments?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

When asked publicly about famous people you’d like to have dinner with why to people with nothing to gain and everything to lose think that Hitler is  a reasonable choice? Was option two to be able to sit down with Plantation owners from the 1820’s and ask for their most effective motivational techniques?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    BrianInLA
    Participant

Dodgers supposedly reluctant if not flat out refusing to include that top shortstop prospect, Gavin Lux. Fuck you. You want a proven commodity like Betts but you won’t throw in an unknown shortstop? I’d say Betts and Price and take on some salary you sure as shit better be getting Dustin May and one of Lux/Alex Verdugo who is the outfielder prospect. If Price is included in the deal then take Verdugo. If he’s not fuck you it’s Betts for May and Lux at least.

West Coast Braves Dodgers will fuck this up just like they’ve fucked every other thing they’ve tried to do this offseason. The fans will still blame Kobe’s pilot however.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Holy shit Coach K plays the “I was emotional about Kobe” card in explaining his nutty the other night.

Of all the horrible things those animals have yelled over the years, THAT was the thing that got him incensed as over the line?  K sux.  Hard to believe he was once the anti-Dean Smith entitlement alternative.

Lebron
    Participant

Burrow wants to play for team focused on winning

:lol: yeah good luck with that

Lebron
    Participant

Doc: Best Clippers tribute to Kobe is to ‘win it’

Wait, what?  Kobe never played for the Clippers, heck he spurned them in free agency at one point.  Nonsense.

Coma
    Participant

This probably goes without saying, but if Kobe was still around, he would have come up with a vaccine for the Coronavirus by now.

Participant

Uh-oh – Baker’s gonna win it for Kobe next year folks.

“I’m going to internalize that and I think that’s the way I need to handle it. Rest in peace, Kobe [Bryant], but that’s the way he did it. He motivated himself, he didn’t talk a lot. He talked to his teammates, drove them to be better people, better men. So that’s the way I need to handle it.”

Participant

Dan, you work for state run media.

Dan Shaughnessy
    @Dan_Shaughnessy

Get ready for State Run Media to start telling us trading Mookie Betts is smart and simply has to be done. Even David Ortiz mouthing company line. BS. Keep your best player. We are supposed to look forward to local team becoming Tampa Bay Sox? At these prices? Not buying.
    Lebron
    Participant

Baker looks like he needs to quit eating.  He’s turning into a fat little fuck.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar