Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/28/19 – 2/1/19 Pre-Super Bowl Thread

This topic contains 175 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Chuck Schick 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 176 total)
  • Author

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

But now, “how do you replace a Devin McCourty? you can’t” will be the order of the day.

That’s really Tom E Curran’s problem, but he’s replaced Quick Slants co-hosts in the past. He’s up to the challenge.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Chatham has an impassioned FU to Tomase in the Athletic today.

If only the other former players from that team would just say this about the bullshit tapes, stolen signs, whatever:

It never happened. Period. Point blank. We never had any secret information or changed any calls based on something we saw from someone else’s practice. We had a year of tape, and piles of tendencies, and lots of game evidence from other teams on approaches that didn’t work. We had a gameplan not unlike many of the others we used that year, this time with the added emphasis of disrupting every possible eligible receiver every second we could. And that’s it.

No new exotic coverages. No new exotic calls. No new exotic checks. Nothing.

“No more … ME!”

– Tomase, channeling the High Priest of Kalili, explaining why he can’t ever face actual facts. It would unveil him as a fiction-writing reporter and invalidate/destroy his sad career.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Mittens asking Goodell about Josh Gordon at this sham of a press conference. I think he was hoping that Goodell docked the Pats a draft pick.

InThisTown
    Participant

Poor Scotty Cocksmear.

Kmac
    Participant

Chatham has an impassioned FU to Tomase in the Athletic today.

If only the other former players from that team would just say this about the bullshit tapes, stolen signs, whatever:

It never happened. Period. Point blank. We never had any secret information or changed any calls based on something we saw from someone else’s practice. We had a year of tape, and piles of tendencies, and lots of game evidence from other teams on approaches that didn’t work. We had a gameplan not unlike many of the others we used that year, this time with the added emphasis of disrupting every possible eligible receiver every second we could. And that’s it.

No new exotic coverages. No new exotic calls. No new exotic checks. Nothing.

Fauria called in and played grab ass with tomase and reimer last night. Fucking dopey asshole.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Why didn’t Krusty stick in regard to Shaughnessy?  :lol:

1 user thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

Access Denied

You are not authorized to access this page.  :ozzy:  
    WAYNESFATHA has been a member in good standing at Football Outsiders for

History

Member for
    5 min 1 sec :lol:
    2 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Fauria is really dumb.

Lebron
    Participant

Mittens asking Goodell about Josh Gordon at this sham of a press conference. I think he was hoping that Goodell docked the Pats a draft pick.

I’d like to think Maroon 5 cancelled their presser either because no one asked for a credential to attend or they were afraid of getting made fun of.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Not sure this counts as a “hit piece,” more the Globe being dismissive of their arch-rival Patriots.

Spoiled Patriots: In success-soaked Boston, has all the winning dimmed the excitement?

You could be forgiven for wondering, in the lead-up to the Patriots’ ninth Super Bowl appearance in 18 years, whether the thrill has finally begun to wear off. 

Lebron
    Participant

I suck at linking shit here but a weak ass hit piece by Love Klemko on Patriots and Josh Gordon.  The basis of it is asking 3 players and a coach when was the last time you texted Josh Gordon.  Dorsett said he texted him a month ago, I guess that makes him a terrible person or something.

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

I suck at linking shit here but a weak ass hit piece by Love Klemko on Patriots and Josh Gordon. The basis of it is asking 3 players and a coach when was the last time you texted Josh Gordon. Dorsett said he texted him a month ago, I guess that makes him a terrible person or something.

jfc I can’t remember there ever being a more amicable separation for any athlete on any team with a drug suspension.  All he’s said since he left was how much he loved the Pats, they’re paying for his rehab, wtf else are they supposed to do.

Coma
    Participant

Poor Scotty Cocksmear.

He’s never going to be invited to a wedding now.

7 users thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

Toby Keith’s at Gillette is closed permanently. Due to the greedy Jews apparently.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

According to Zolak Gordon is still a member of the team and this is probably part of the CBA. Don’t want the facts to get in the way of a good story.

Participant

John Henry is trying to sell retro Globe t-shirts for 30 a pop (in order to support journalism) – all that comedy he’s playing with that young girl might be catching up with him.

Apparel

Lebron
    Participant

My racism doesn’t come from a place of hatred!

5 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

The topic came up a day or two ago about Julian Edelman’s chances of getting into the HOF. That possibility was derided by the likes of Manish Mehta and virulent racist Scott Kacsmar. If Edelman was to retire after the Super Bowl, I’d agree that 5390 yards and 30 TDs on 499 receptions isn’t enough to get into the Hall of Fame. What if Edelman keeps playing, though? He’s 32 now and has been in the league for 10 years, but he’s played only played 5 years as a full time WR. It’s unrealistic to expect, but what if he can play 4 or 5 more years at a high level and get close to 10k yards receiving?

If Edelman can keep playing, any additional seasons will also boost his playoff stats, which are his best argument for consideration. He’s already the all time leader in punt return yardage in playoffs and there’s no active player that has a realistic chance to catch him. He’s currently 2nd all time in postseason receptions and, with 45 receiving yards Sunday, he’ll be 2nd all time in receiving yards. Edelman needs to keep producing in the regular season, but if Hines Ward is being considered for the HOF, then Edelman deserves to be also. I’d also like to see the stammering that would result if you asked one of the voters “Are you saying you wouldn’t even consider a baseball player who was second all time in postseason hits or homeruns for Cooperstown?”

5 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

jforb
    Participant

Like the post, but they’re not exactly considering the guy first all time in home runs for the HOF.

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Who is this guy?

A stance I wish I took from day one. Brady hater who works for Aaron Schatz at Football Outsiders. So claims to be an analytics guy, but goes way out of his way looking for ways to dismiss Tom Brady statistically. No lie, he has Brady ranked as 5th best QB overall. Pittsburgh guy, who was like 16 when the Pats won in ’01, so you can see the catalyst of his crusade.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I don’t know who he is either, but wouldn’t a statement about believing in accountability be followed by, “I therefore resign.”?

Participant

Article is behind a paywall, guess where?

Toby Keith’s in Foxborough abruptly closes; restaurant rep slams ‘greedy’ Patriot Place

Yahtzee
    Participant

“We were being gouged [by] unreasonable rents,” she wrote.

She also said that the restaurant’s contents and equipment “will be turned over to greedy Patriot Place as of tomorrow much to our dismay.”

She’s a “representative” for the restaurant. Sounds like a delight.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar