Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/28/19 – 2/1/19 Pre-Super Bowl Thread

This topic contains 175 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Chuck Schick 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 176 total)
  • Author

Coma
    Participant

“We were being gouged [by] unreasonable rents,” she wrote.

She also said that the restaurant’s contents and equipment “will be turned over to greedy Patriot Place as of tomorrow much to our dismay.”

She’s a “representative” for the restaurant. Sounds like a delight.

There’s a new restaurant in the North End that might be looking for help. She sounds like she would fit right in.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

John Henry is trying to sell retro Globe t-shirts for 30 a pop (in order to support journalism) – all that comedy he’s playing with that young girl might be catching up with him.

Apparel

For media apparel in this town, I’ll hold onto my Real Paper Puzzle Winner t-shirt, thank you kindly.

Coma
    Participant

I could see someone claiming that Patriots fans only went through Kacsmar’s past tweets because of his anti-Brady comments and that, otherwise, they didn’t care about his racist statements. That doesn’t add up because, from what I could see, all of Kacsmar’s thoughts on race were independent of Patriots related discussions and most of them didn’t seem football related at all. Trying to make that claim also ignores the main issue, which is that Kacsmar is an asshole. If he wasn’t targeting Brady, then Chargers fans would have found those tweets because he was mocking Rivers. Or Saints fans would have because he was running down Brees, or Cardinals fans would have because he was belittling Larry Fitzgerald. Kacsmar made those racial comments because he’s a bad guy. He went on his crusade against one football player because he’s also a bad guy.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

She also said that the restaurant’s contents and equipment “will be turned over to greedy Patriot Place as of tomorrow much to our dismay.”

There’s a new restaurant in the North End that might be looking for help. She sounds like she would fit right in.

Sounds like the Globe has their page 1 piece ready to for Sunday. Does Holher call Krafty Bob Amos Alonzo Kraft?

Humphrey
    Participant

Why didn’t Krusty stick in regard to Shaughnessy? :lol:

Someone came up with Clown Haired Pustule, I always wish that had caught on.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Even Dale gets into bashing The Baseball Paper ™️:

I know it’s all @Patriots this week (sorry @BostonGlobe) but this is a great piece by @JoeyMacHockey on Patrice Bergeron.

Lebron
    Participant

Read Curran’s link back to the final drive in 36:

Fletcher: “I saw Vinatieri booting them from 50 in warmups, so I wasn’t too confident. They outplayed us. They deserved to win. I was comfortable with the outcome. I was disappointed, but I understood. They had an excellent game plan; we didn’t adjust well initially.”

I noticed these past couple of weeks that Warner has also been firmly in the ‘they outplayed us and we didn’t adjust’ camp in all of his NFLN stuff.  Usually he’ll let one or two “eh, sometimes I wonder” thoughts slip out but it’s good not to have Marshall Faulk around braying his bullshit.

jforb
    Participant

Last week and a half: 9625, 9625, 9625, 9642, 9642, 9659, 9661, 9661, 9663, 9663, 9663
    I assumed that the jump from 25 to 42 meant he has to manually approve them and did a bunch after a couple days not, so expecting a similar bump soon. But he can’t find 5 minutes out of his day even with travel and stuff to do that?

4 users thanked author for this post.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Last week and a half: 9625, 9625, 9625, 9642, 9642, 9659, 9661, 9661, 9663, 9663, 9663

I assumed that the jump from 25 to 42 meant he has to manually approve them and did a bunch after a couple days not, so expecting a similar bump soon. But he can’t find 5 minutes out of his day even with travel and stuff to do that?

You know how much film he watches, right? Besides, I’m sure he’s busy investigating the Loyko situation.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Participant

Anyone remember where he was at last Super Bowl?  I wanna say around 7500-8000?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

jforb
    Participant

Anyone remember where he was at last Super Bowl? I wanna say around 7500-8000?

I’d guess around 7300, first number I have is 7679 on 3/8. He was getting around 100 a week then. 8000 wasn’t until April.

Lefty

Here’s the amount of Cap space the notoriously cheap Pats are carrying over:

Lefty

Belichick took some time to send a letter of support to the Hall of Fame selection committee, which includes two members of the PFT family, in support of defensive lineman Richard Seymour’s candidacy. He called Seymour and Vince Wilfork the two best defensive linemen he’s ever coached and noted the three-time Super Bowl champ’s “rare combination of size, speed, strength and athleticism.”

Again, this can’t be right.   Belichick hates Seymour and went out of his way to screw him by trading him after not paying him top dollar.

5 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

yeah, chiefs will be back, baby! 715k free

Participant

Artie got popped again.

Suzy
    Participant

Minihane desperately trying to stay relevant on Twitter. Amazing how fast he faded out.

chicowalker
    Participant

only way to explain Artie still being above ground

5 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Minihane desperately trying to stay relevant on Twitter. Amazing how fast he faded out.

Heard he will be on barstool radio when his contract is up.  I have Sirius and no interest in hearing him.

Suzy
    Participant

only way to explain Artie still being above ground

It truly is a mystery. His story has become so tedious. Never found him all that funny in the first place (Jackie fan here!) but now he’s just a sloppy, bulbous-nosed, junkie slob who always looks homeless, even at court hearings. Yet he lives on.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Bad posting but here’s the text to accompany the leopard photo above. All they had to do was get him in a room.

A leopard strayed into a residential area in northern India on Thursday and injured at least four people before it was locked inside a room, a forest ranger said.

Kuldip Kumar said a group of rangers reached the area in Jalandhar city in northern Punjab state after residents alerted police. He said the leopard bit one ranger and clawed two others when they tried to capture it with a net, and injured at least one resident who pelted it with rocks. The injuries were not life threatening.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Sounds like the Globe has their page 1 piece ready to for Sunday. Does Holher call Krafty Bob Amos Alonzo Kraft?

That, among many other head-shaking, uninformative and unamusing newspaper nicknames, is a registered phrase owned by Dan Shaughnessy. So go swat some tomato cans, Jurrasic Holher!

Lebron
    Participant

I respect the hell out of those leopards.

8 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

I saw that both the Rams and Patriots had media availability, like slotted times for McVay and Belichick and I suppose some players.  Why?  For crying out loud you had media night then more stuff Tuesday then the fearless overlord speak yesterday, what more can you possibly get out of this other than “Malcolm Brown? Calf?”

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar