Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/28/19 – 2/1/19 Pre-Super Bowl Thread

This topic contains 175 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Chuck Schick 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 176 total)
  • Author

Chuck Schick
    Participant

Jesus what the fuck is up with Artie’s nose? That’s disturbing.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

He claims a bookie beat him up because he owed $, but it’s the drugs. The recent pics are worse.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Minihane desperately trying to stay relevant on Twitter. Amazing how fast he faded out.

Heard he will be on barstool radio when his contract is up. I have Sirius and no interest in hearing him.

The downside to all this is at least until the next ratings book, KKKallahan can somewhat legitimately claim that the reason for EEI’s strength in morning drive is him. Just what we need: more “evidence” that’s it’s Gerry’s unique blend of right-wing sniping, strawman skewering, and passing interest in sports (except for a laser focus on Schilling) is the key to successful radio.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Simply idle curiousity, but is Tits McGee the only wife/girlfriend allowed to travel with the team? Judging from the bus-to-hotel video clip running endlessly it seems so. Fur coat and cradling a little lap dog. Not the best look for a SB team.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

What can our hometown newspaper bring to Super Bowl coverage that the NFL coat-holders, working-on-their-brand Radio Row denizens, and reporters from “neutral” cities across the USA cannot?

More to the point, what is the pivotal reporting that marks a true “Super Bowl Insider?”

One answer:

SUPER BOWL INSIDER

//c.o0bg.com/rf/image_90x90/Boston/2011-2020/2019/01/31/BostonGlobe.com/Sports/Images/cfa7aea977c94bcd8b9349f54f36971a-cfa7aea977c94bcd8b9349f54f36971a-0.jpgThe best Patriots to interview? Here’s one reporter’s list

Stephon Gilmore has been one of the most accommodating Patriots when it comes to dealing with reporters.

That’s right: Which players have been most accommodating to reporters. Special Report: ‘Who has made my job easier? YOU’LL want to know!’

:puke: :wall:   :weei:

1 user thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

It really is pretty disappointing that there’s no writer at the Globe that I want to read after a Pats win. Maybe Jim McBride but you’d have to really search to find him.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Bad posting but here’s the text to accompany the leopard photo above. All they had to do was get him in a room.

A leopard strayed into a residential area in northern India on Thursday and injured at least four people before it was locked inside a room, a forest ranger said.

Kuldip Kumar said a group of rangers reached the area in Jalandhar city in northern Punjab state after residents alerted police. He said the leopard bit one ranger and clawed two others when they tried to capture it with a net, and injured at least one resident who pelted it with rocks. The injuries were not life threatening.

They got him in a ROOM, bro!  That’s how you get shit like this done!!!

3 users thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

I don’t watch any of the local sports talk programming but during the Bruins game they mentioned that NESN will have Sammy Morris and Joe Vellano in to discuss the Super Bowl.

Nothing against those guys but Linda must be cheap as hell if they can’t get bigger name guys to work with them.

Lebron
    Participant

Belichick took some time to send a letter of support to the Hall of Fame selection committee, which includes two members of the PFT family, in support of defensive lineman Richard Seymour’s candidacy. He called Seymour and Vince Wilfork the two best defensive linemen he’s ever coached and noted the three-time Super Bowl champ’s “rare combination of size, speed, strength and athleticism.”

Again, this can’t be right. Belichick hates Seymour and went out of his way to screw him by trading him after not paying him top dollar.

Saw somewhere today that Kacsmar has a HOF vote.  Guessing Seymour doesn’t pass the color test.

NASCL
    Participant

NASCL
    Participant

As Lil’ Jerry plays hard guy against the Red Sox (not that there’s anything wrong with that), don’t forget that he was in the ensemble cast pushing to make their way into HBO documentaries.  Different appearances but 48:18 for starters.

He’s a fraud’s fraud.

2 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

I hope cocksmear was in Atlanta and has to give back his credentials and fly home to the ghetto to watch the game

4 users thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

Speaking of tiny 10s, my girls watch all the Rosanna Pansino YouTube videos. Sometimes I don’t mind.

Claude45
    Participant

Bad posting but here’s the text to accompany the leopard photo above. All they had to do was get him in a room.

A leopard strayed into a residential area in northern India on Thursday and injured at least four people before it was locked inside a room, a forest ranger said.

Kuldip Kumar said a group of rangers reached the area in Jalandhar city in northern Punjab state after residents alerted police. He said the leopard bit one ranger and clawed two others when they tried to capture it with a net, and injured at least one resident who pelted it with rocks. The injuries were not life threatening.

The Pats could learn a lot about getting a guy in a room from the Jalandar Police. Chico’d by CS

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Claude45.

Humphrey
    Participant

Rosanna Pansino

I just Googled Rosanna Pansino, had no idea who she was. As Dick Enberg used to say “Oh,My!”.

Claude45
    Participant

All this reminiscing about 2001 has really been a nice refresher in how awful Borges is at his job. His fading to irrelevance had really put some distance between me and his unmitigated losing streak when it came to the Pats. Belichick wouldn’t be winning any Superbowls soon. Bledsoe vs. Brady. 73-0. Drafting Seymour. Taking Belichick’s lunch money. Matt Light pick.  On and on and on.

I really miss the quote function on BSMW from back in the olden days.

Hacksaw
    Participant

He claims a bookie beat him up because he owed $, but it’s the drugs. The recent pics are worse.

word is whatever he snorted had glass in it and it messed his nose up.

Whenever I hear Artie and Rev. Bob Levy do interviews talking about how cleaned up they are its a complete”work” so they can try to get nationwide gigs.

chicowalker
    Participant

Mensa

The bruins need to start selling…they ain’t winning bucktus

I want to think he means the Bruins aren’t winning the top linebacker in college award…

speaking of Borges, a quick perusal of his twitter page shows that his tweets are gaining the same traction as Mensa’s..not even getting ratioed, unless the ratio is wormer.jpg

Hacksaw
    Participant

right now I wish I was I84.

2 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

IM KEENE TO PUT MY NORWOOD IN HER PORTSMOUTH! #FILLATIO

Suzy
    Participant

John Henry is trying to sell retro Globe t-shirts for 30 a pop (in order to support journalism) – all that comedy he’s playing with that young girl might be catching up with him.

Apparel

:lol: Just saw this. Well done, Zip!

Suzy
    Participant

Reading Twitter last night did my heart good. :wub: Nice work, Men! Pretty sure at least one of “us” was involved in the glorious and deserved takedown.

The “apology/explanation” (TL;DR) reeked of desperation. I barely ever give up on things but man, that thing was torturous & pathetic. Just post WHAAAAWHAAAA and be done with it, racist fraud.

InThisTown
    Participant

Kyrie yap yap yap yap

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Reading Twitter last night did my heart good. :wub: Nice work, Men! Pretty sure at least one of “us” was involved in the glorious and deserved takedown.

One of us? Wasn’t it pretty much all of us?  :lol:

Suzy
    Participant

One of us? Wasn’t it pretty much all of us? :lol:

Was it? Even better! Congrats to all on the fine work. Just beautiful.

All that was left was a sniveling, whining, rambling little ball of nerves and angst.  :lol:

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar