Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/28/19 – 2/1/19 Pre-Super Bowl Thread

This topic contains 175 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Chuck Schick 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 176 total)
  • Author

InThisTown
    Participant

John Henry’s incoherent tweet was positively Trumpian in its gaslighting and misdirection.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

John Henry’s incoherent tweet was positively Trumpian in its gaslighting and misdirection.

Plausible deniablity.

Next he’ll be wandering around in a bathrobe like Chin Gigante.  :dry:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Participant

Kyrie yap yap yap yap

“THAT LEAGUE.”  Klansmen 2-6 98.5

Callahardfoul
    Participant

So who can they move him for with less than a week until the deadline and unrestricted free agency looming?

This fucking guy…

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Callahardfoul.

Lebron
    Participant

I hope they play him every minute of every remaining game and let him go.  If I were the Pelicans I’d play Davis every minute of every game for the next year and a half and say to his buddies he’s all yours.  The NBA is the absolute pits, along with all of the gay ass tweeters it comes with.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

All you have to do is say “Nothing’s changed. I still want to be in Boston. My focus is on the rest of the season.”

That’s it. Nick Wright’s buttplug wouldn’t activate and the world would keep on spinning.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Callahardfoul.
    3 users thanked author for this post.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Pels for Pelicans is Breer-esk.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

So who can they move him for with less than a week until the deadline and unrestricted free agency looming?

This fucking guy…

I would think it’d need to be a team who’s all in to win this year like Houston but it’s tough to make that work.  Possibly a 3 team with NO to get AD here?

Lebron
    Participant

Let Davis or Kyrie act like passive aggressive babies all they want, fucking run them in to the ground and leave whoever wants to sign them with a heaping mess and the player without the most money they can make.  You won’t get the exact value back, so if he’s trying to force a trade under the guise of ‘get something for me’ I choose to say fuck you I don’t want anything other than you making less than you could.  Why should I give you 2 things you want and I get zero of what I want?  I hope Kyrie and Davis and James and Love all get Gillooly’d while sipping some shitty vino this summer, followed by an NwO style SAVE BASKETBALL spray paint job.

Feejis
    Participant

I like the spirit but Kyrie would probably get the Hellenic flu if they made him actually play every minute from here out.

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

How about OKC:

BOS gets Davis

NO gets Jaylen, Timelord, Steven Adams + picks

OKC gets Kyrie

Salaries work but this would require OKC to think Kyrie gives them a shot to win it all.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

I didn’t think the non-transcript version was bad.

chicowalker
    Participant

Basketball is my favorite sport, and the NBA on the floor is great right now, but this shit…that it’s a non-zero number of people who are big into NBA twitter and all of this OMG the Knicks in 2022! but don’t actually, you know, watch actual basketball games  is depressing

Callahardfoul
    Participant

I can’t conceive of a non-racist-sounding way to say that the problem here is the players controlling where they play outside of free agency.  Trade demands and publicizing where you won’t play years from now is 95% of the bullshit and takes a lot of the fun out of being a schmoe fan interested in team building and development.  It’s hard to sympathize with Davis when he’ll make more money this season than most people will ever make in their life; it’s not indentured servitude here.

Lebron James is probably the best player to ever touch a basketball, but watching him direct his team and other teams in their roster management is ridiculous.

Big Fat O
    Participant

There’s a lot taken out of context. The media are looking for a story so they take let’s see on July 1st means I’m out. In a way you can’t blame him for saying that if Ainge hasn’t talked numbers. It’s not all the Boston Media in this case but you can see why some players don’t want to come here and deal with this crap.

Participant

Oh goody – Dirk and DWade are getting some sort of Irving R. Thalberg lifetime achievement invite to the all star game – Wade will win the mvp

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  02062.

chicowalker
    Participant

I can’t conceive of a non-racist-sounding way to say that the problem here is the players controlling where they play outside of free agency. Trade demands and publicizing where you won’t play years from now is 95% of the bullshit and takes a lot of the fun out of being a schmoe fan interested in team building and development. It’s hard to sympathize with Davis when he’ll make more money this season than most people will ever make in their life; it’s not indentured servitude here.

Lebron James is probably the best player to ever touch a basketball, but watching him direct his team and other teams in their roster management is ridiculous.

Bingo.  I share this opinion, and it does tread close to durr you don’t want to see empowered young African Americans/durr management stooge territory When you’re a free agent do whatever you want (though we will judge you soft as baby shit *KD* if you take the easy route* but before then STFU.  Or was AD the rare superstar who wasn’t consulted by his front office before any of the deals they made the last few years?  Own some of that, too

Humphrey
    Participant

There’s a lot taken out of context. The media are looking for a story so they take let’s see on July 1st means I’m out. In a way you can’t blame him for saying that if Ainge hasn’t talked numbers. It’s not all the Boston Media in this case but you can see why some players don’t want to come here and deal with this crap.

It’s also, at least in terms of the Globe “write anything that will distract or disparage the Patriots” week. Another CTE story today, for example.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Hate to say it, and apologies to the Hibernians here, but wouldn’t the Celtics be the “Paddys”?

Lebron
    Participant

The NBA is uniquely terrible.  It’s not a meeting, it’s a pitch #grantorino.jpg.  The ‘agents’ are publicists pushing brands.  Then the network that covers the league assigns reporters to players.  First it was ‘Windy’ now it’s that gremlin McInimee (sp?) that is assigned specifically to follow around James and report on his every movement.  And the other people who are paid to comment on this stuff don’t even go to the games let alone talk to the players.  Hey look its the nerd guy with the name no one can pronounce and he’s got ‘bombs.’  Then the tweeters, christ.  Three weeks ago it was Jaylen Brown needs to be committed to a mental institution.  Kyrie is normal though, really wants to play in Boston he’s just having a tough go of expressing himself.  Desperate to lead.  However he’s a 4 year old that needs  ‘use your words’ encouragement.  The tweeters are the universal worst, like an ongoing episode of The View or some shit.  Embarrassing.  Sucks because it could and should be great.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Hate to say it, and apologies to the Hibernians here, but wouldn’t the Celtics be the “Paddys”?

Pads are a Wagon, bro.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

There is no one in the Boston media, print or radio, who enjoys failure and controversy more than Madame Jones.

During his halftime piss in the Cheerios he mention Irving being a Knick at least 3 times.

He’s so bad he makes Mazz sound like Tommy Heinsohn. A slow painful death is too good for him.

Lefty

There is an overriding stupidity to the Celts/Thomas take thing that Caine overlooked.   So, the Celtics are this heartless ruthless machine.  Got it.  And we know that because they (supposedly) knew Thomas was a mess but forced him to play in those playoffs and win what, four playoff games?   (Was there anyone in God’s Creation that thought the Celts were winning it all that year?)

So, they did all that to win, what, four playoff games?  Really?

woudn’t the heartless business only team shut Thomas down there no matter how much he wanted to play and save him for future games?

At a certain point it really collapses on itself.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Their turning on Kyrie since he didn’t say what everyone wanted to hear.

Feejis
    Participant

Their turning on Kyrie since he didn’t say what everyone wanted to hear.

Also because he’s completely detestable.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 176 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar