Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/29/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 103 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  InThisTown 1 year ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 104 total)
  • Author

InThisTown
    Participant

Bring that old Belichick article for him to autograph. His ego will be through the roof until he reads it.

Oh Jesus that would be amazing.

Participant

Who is this azzhat?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/titans-hiring-vrabel-team-falling-patriot-lie-article-1.3785914

“Whether coaches, scouts, and now players, Patriot Privilege is a real thing”

NASCL
    Participant

Did you hear about Chief Wahoo?

Participant

a. Attention all Minnesota people, or those who like football and will be in the Super Bowl area Thursday: I will be having a Tweetup, a chance to interact with me and some MMQB and Sports Illustrated pals at a local brewery late in the day Thursday. More details to come, but stay tuned to my Twitter feed for details. Hope to see you and have a beer with you on Thursday evening.

Tempted to see what freaks show up. But then if I go, maybe I’m the freak.

You could bring along this for him to read as well.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/brett-favre-sued-16-million-failed-social-media-company-article-1.3785747

Suzy
    Participant

:pk:

That stuff should fly off the shelves this year.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

To be replaced by Christoper Plummer?

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Correction: in Ant-Man, Ricki Noel Lander essayed the role of ‘Gorgeous Blonde’, not ‘Pretty Girl #3’. We regret the error.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

chicowalker
    Participant

Of course she’d be in a movie about a handsome tiny white guy #conspiracy #amendola #sheeple

Feejis
    Participant

So I’m to understand Reimer did this on Thursday, everyone at the station ignored it and then they reacted as soon as Tom hung up and ruined their segment on Monday am?

Someone from entercom needs some proactive crisis management courses.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Feejis.

Nick B
    Participant

Has EGA surfaced this week?  “Ahh ahh ya know, I know a little something about this radio row foolishness. Since I was the first one do this back in the day.”

Everyone thought I was crazy, now look at it.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

So I’m to understand Reimer did this on Thursday, everyone at the station ignored it and then they reacted as soon as Tom hung up and ruined their segment on Monday am? Someone from entercom needs some proactive crisis management courses.

ARS:

Nursing Home Disaster Plan Seminar
    Active Shooter Action Plan Seminar
    Entitled Twink Disaster Plan Seminar

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Bill looks like a Mafia Don getting off the plane.  :lol:

Is his hat another Paul Brown tribute?

PB had 7 championships, and Bill has 7 as HC or assistant coach.

Greek Freak
    Participant

Correction: in Ant-Man, Ricki Noel Lander essayed the role of ‘Gorgeous Blonde’, not ‘Pretty Girl #3’. We regret the error.

Any body language experts care to chime in?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Bill looks like a Mafia Don getting off the plane. :lol: Is his hat another Paul Brown tribute? PB had 7 championships, and Bill has 7 as HC or assistant coach.

Tom Landry?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Bill looks like a Mafia Don getting off the plane. :lol: Is his hat another Paul Brown tribute? PB had 7 championships, and Bill has 7 as HC or assistant coach.

Tom Landry?

Why him?

Also, the old man looks ridiculous with that blonde thermometer.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Tom Landry?

Why him? Also, the old man looks ridiculous with that blonde thermometer.

Tied with 250 wins each. (Don’t know if that’s just regular season)

Lefty

Y, N

jforb
    Participant

Tom Landry?

Why him?

If Tom Landry’s hat doesn’t motivate them, he might as well quit right now.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Hats can definitely be motivating.

https://i1.wp.com/1.bp.blogspot.com/_qsVUrWp_qm0/Sa3kXEEJPEI/AAAAAAAAB90/_GtyiaC8gV8/s1600/carlo.jpg?w=730

chicowalker
    Participant

Steve Spagnuolo: Patriots knew Eagles’ signals in Super Bowl 39 (link):

“I remember Jim Johnson saying to me ‘they know our signals, do your best to disrupt them’, in hindsight, he was right,” Spagnuolo said. “It was evident to us, we believe that Tom (Brady) knew where we were pressuring.”

Spagnuolo’s one to talk. His middle linebacker, Antonio Pierce, said the Giants had Brady’s line calls in Super Bowl 42 (the audio link, formerly here, is now dead):

Q (Mut?): Did you have Brady’s hand signals? The audibles? there was some talk you guys had some of the calls.
    PIERCE: we were, Uh, We had a good, a good, let’s say a good notion, on …
    BROWN: you had a a good bead on it?
    PIERCE: We had a good bead on some hand signals, and stuff like… And honestly, that was just, honestly, looking at a lot of film. hearing him talk, had a lot of game film where we could actually hear him making the calls. And we picked up on it and we knew when he called me the mike, if we could switch fast enough and change our blitz over to the other side, that they didn’t have no protection. They would slide the protection to the strength, which was always me and the nickel, to the other side… We got to Brady early and often. We sacked him a few times, but I think we frustrated him just not knowing where we were coming from, and I think that was the biggest part of that game.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Tom Landry?

Why him?

If Tom Landry’s hat doesn’t motivate them, he might as well quit right now.

Yahtzee
    Participant

They keep saying that Riemer is “clearly talented”. Just what is that talent that, obviously, I’m missing. He comes off as an arrogant and entitled know-it-all straight out of the hot take incubator. SSOOORRIIIE, I see no talent. If your EEI, dump him and move on. Who would care?

I’d love to see my world without this massive talent in it.

Maybe not “straight” out of the incubator.

I’m surprised there have been any tweets at all from the EEI crowd on Brady’s hang up this morning (only 2-3 that I see); I would imagine that the edict from on high came to shut the eff up. Any sense that they’d try to milk this for ratings would be the death knell of that relationship.

Suzy
    Participant

Any body language experts care to chime in?

I’m hardly an expert but I’ve always been interested in body language. This one is easy–the gold-digger couldn’t be leaning further away from the poor guy!  :ohmy:  

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

What’s with Kraft’s shoes and the business suit? Maybe he should be wearing nursing home slippers instead.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar