Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/3/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 64 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Coma 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 65 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Cavs Celts tonight. No Isaiah.

Kevin
    Participant

That Buffalo Bills video watching the Ravens game in the lockerroom is pretty Randall #21.

chicowalker
    Participant

Rhode Island pride, baby.  Vinny Paz arrested for beating the shit out of (including biting) some jabrony(ie?), ostensibly over a stripper. Felony assault

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I’d bet my immortal soul that given another 15 years Marvin Lewis couldn’t win a Super Bowl, but he may get the chance to prove me wrong. I’d love to be his agent. Those negotiations much be something else. How long does it take to convince Bengals ownership to stay the course and that a SuperBowl is right around the corner? I’d pay big bucks get my hands on that powerpoint.

Hacksaw
    Participant

I’d bet my immortal soul that given another 15 years Marvin Lewis couldn’t win a Super Bowl, but he may get the chance to prove me wrong. I’d love to be his agent. Those negotiations much be something else. How long does it take to convince Bengals ownership to stay the course and that a SuperBowl is right around the corner? I’d pay big bucks get my hands on that powerpoint.

Bruce Coslet “Mike Brown has me on speed dial just in case.”

Kevin
    Participant

Patriots have never gotten the chance to beat Marvin Lewis in the playoffs because he’s 0 for 7 on Wild Card weekend. :lol:

Hacksaw
    Participant

Bengals Monday going on for 15 plus years must be a ratings killer in Cincy.

Claude45
    Participant

Yesterday was mediocrity extension day; Lewis, Dale and Felger. Lackluster, dull and douche get rewarded.

If you need to witness Dale is all his sycophantic, ass kissing glory, listen to the first couple of minutes of the Belichick interview this week. Price could walk away from lotioning up  players with more self respect than Dale from that interview. “What are you doing out there in shorts? Man, you’re so tough……”

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Tale of the tape BB vs Starvin Marvin

I think that BB is 6-1 vs Marvin head-to-head.

If Mike Brown owned the Pats he’d have stuck with Bledsoe rather than risk handing the franchise over to that Brady kid. Too risky given Drew record of succcess.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Anybody know the story behind Minihane’s tweet about making Shaughnessy begging not to be called Shank on the radio? Im blocked from viewing Shank’s tweets.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

lobstah
    Participant

Pats play the lowest seed left, is that correct ?

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  lobstah.

Feejis
    Participant

The little lights in the thread title aren’t twinkling.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

JFC I wrote “2017” in the thread title. Is there any way to edit?

chicowalker
    Participant

Per ITT’s twitter IT said don’t do a tribute video for tonight, but rather before Pierce’s retirement ceremony.  If true, he can get and stay fucked forever

Nick B
    Participant

Per ITT’s twitter IT said don’t do a tribute video for tonight, but rather before Pierce’s retirement ceremony. If true, he can get and stay fucked forever

Why does he even deserve a video tribute? It’s not like he was a key factor in winning a championship then being traded away!

whiny Cunt

chicowalker
    Participant

Did they do one for Olynyk, or was it just the good guy award or whatever?  They seem pretty standard, I’d have no problem with it but not on the night they are retiring the number of one of the 7 or so best players in the history of the league’s most storied franchise.

Suzy
    Participant

Yesterday was mediocrity extension day; Lewis, Dale and Felger. Lackluster, dull and douche get rewarded. If you need to witness Dale is all his sycophantic, ass kissing glory, listen to the first couple of minutes of the Belichick interview this week. Price could walk away from lotioning up players with more self respect than Dale from that interview. “What are you doing out there in shorts? Man, you’re so tough……”

Price could walk away from lotioning up players with more self respect  

Has he addressed this yet??

InThisTown
    Participant

Rhode Island pride, baby. Vinny Paz arrested for beating the shit out of (including biting) some jabrony(ie?), ostensibly over a stripper. Felony assault

She was a whoo-ah

Suzy
    Participant

Did they do one for Olynyk, or was it just the good guy award or whatever? They seem pretty standard, I’d have no problem with it but not on the night they are retiring the number of one of the 7 or so best players in the history of the league’s most storied franchise.

What is he trying to say by asking for the tribute to happen before Pierce’s retirement ceremony? Honest question.

InThisTown
    Participant

jforb
    Participant

Did he actually say Pierce’s night? I heard he said don’t do it until he’s playing and that’s the only other meeting this year.

chicowalker
    Participant

Rhode Island pride, baby. Vinny Paz arrested for beating the shit out of (including biting) some jabrony(ie?), ostensibly over a stripper. Felony assault

She was a whoo-ah

It wasn’t in the projo, but I could have swore I heard on the news (5:30 am and barely awake) that Paz showed up at this guy’s place with his girlfriend in tow.

Fun times being one of only 2 people (my Jewish friend :lol: ) rooting for Rosenblatt in a shithole Warwick bar full of our finest wannabe suburban gangsters

InThisTown
    Participant

I just had a douchechill forceback of EGA saying “Rosenblatt” in his best phlegm voice.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Olynik got the tribute as part of the Hero among Us award for his community service.

Kevin
    Participant

Anybody know the story behind Minihane’s tweet about making Shaughnessy begging not to be called Shank on the radio? Im blocked from viewing Shank’s tweets.

Shank had a Hardo tweet something like “if you have Brady as your profile pic, you’re a fanboy and your Patriots opinions me don’t matter.”

Kevin
    Participant

Pats already have the 8:15 Sat night and 3:00 AFCC game slots?

The pimp slots!

Yahtzee
    Participant

Yes-just can’t play Jax.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Way bigger fan of the 3pm AFCC than the 6:30 one.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

My cuntmeter hit 11 last night at old man hoops. In a very competitive game, our center missed softly contested lay-ups on 3 consecutive possessions, two of them on good passes from me. I screamed “are you fucking kidding me” after the second one  :-(

After the third one I called for a sub and walked off the court. I am not nearly good enough to be that kind of prick. The guy had like 7 turnovers and was late to the game too. I apologized to him after our loss  :wall:

Suzy
    Participant

Shank had a Hardo tweet something like “if you have Brady as your profile pic, you’re a fanboy and your Patriots opinions me don’t matter.”

The responses to his trolling were pretty funny–a bunch of them mocked his old man attempt at a hashtag. He is hated. 

InThisTown
    Participant

:lol: Basketball stories are always a win.

chicowalker
    Participant

I am not nearly good enough to be that kind of prick :lol: My basketball epitaph as well

Been on the shelf for three weeks, which is the longest stretch I’ve gone without playing for years.  I’m going insane, but it has allowed me to think a bit.  I am going to try and be less of a prick when I play, appreciate it a bit more.  We’ll see :dry:

Yahtzee
    Participant

The responses to his trolling were pretty funny–a bunch of them mocked his old man attempt at a hashtag. He is hated.

Gerry Callahan would say that’s good because columnists are supposed to be hated.

That attitude is so wrong and drives the existence of this site. Jim Murray, long of the LA Times and one of the best in history, didn’t need to be hated.

That attitude is just a tonic to allow bitter, lonely men to get to sleep at night.

chicowalker
    Participant

Was this your guy?

BrianInLA
    Participant

Pats already have the 8:15 Sat night and 3:00 AFCC game slots? The pimp slots!

Long range forecast calling for snow. Though its early yet.

InThisTown
    Participant

I’ve been a perfectly good citizen in my return.  Only yelling at myself and snarking at the kid who told me “make sure you check ball next time” and I responded “motherfucker I haven’t forgot to check the ball in 30 fucking years”

TwoTimes
    Participant

The divisional round games don’t flip flop by conference like the AFCCG/NFCCG do?  I would’ve thought that the NFC gets the Sat night/Sun early slots this year because the AFC did last year until they moved the Pit-KC game from 1 to 8.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

Was this your guy?

At least he went up straight. A fallaway from point blank range with someone on your back who could not physically block your shot?  :wall:

I had consecutive steals and breakaways and brought us within 3 with 3 minutes left, only to have the other’s teams worst player (the worst player in the history of human motion) hit a 18 foot diaper shot because our guy didn’t know if we were in man or zone.  Our spirits were left broken. We were also missing one of our better players because he thought the game was at 8:30, not 7:30. Pretty sophisticated shit here.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I have no fucking clue what they are listening to down in Foxboro? No Sleep leak?

Hacksaw
    Participant

I have no fucking clue what they are listening to down in Foxboro? No Sleep leak?

No freaking Bobby Kim!

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Dummy Volin pushing the Francesa argument of “fewer SB losses is better” paid $2.10

chicowalker
    Participant

My buddy briefly had to drop out of our thursday game because his wife was working and he was home w/the kid.  He found a monday game via some people from work (teacher in Fall River).  His wife stopped working thursdays and when he returned, in describing the other game, he was shook. Two things:

A. Though a pickup game, no refs, no money, etc- it was a game rule that they HAD to play zone.  “In case someone shows up that nobody can guard..” :ohmy:   :lol:   I’ve never heard of this in basketball played by anyone over the age of 8

B.  Playing games to 11, about halfway through the night, after game number three, someone calls all the guys to center court.  My buddy thinks they are going to switch up the teams…until they all drop to their knees, grasp hands, and start praying :blink:   My friend is an unobservant Jew, and he somehow stumbled into a born again game.  He is terribly averse to awkward situations, but that was the only night he could play, so he kept going for a few weeks until his wife mercifully abandoned the thursday night shift

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Dummy Volin pushing the Francesa argument of “fewer SB losses is better” paid $2.10

Why can’t people understand ‘fewer SB losses’ means more Wild-card losses, more Division round losses and more Championship game losses and in Eli’s case many many more DNQ for playoffs.

chicowalker
    Participant

it’s for the Zerowallseses of the world.  If the Pats lose the AFCCG, that’s two weeks you don’t have to spend worrying about Case Keenum

jforb
    Participant

The hell?

Doncabesa
    Participant

Why can’t people understand ‘fewer SB losses’ means more Wild-card losses, more Division round losses and more Championship game losses and in Eli’s case many many more DNQ for playoffs.

Because facts don’t matter when you’re a sack of shit Troll.

Participant

I think Dan also tweeted that someone might walk off the show (him, fat boy and that one eyed shotbag) so they’d have something to talk about for resr of show – edgy kirk didn’t like it.

Participant

Jeezus i thought pickup hockey was bad

The pickup games I’ve played over the years have transitioned from health club (where I once was covered by Kirby Puckett; he grabbed my shorts once when I tried to cut, so I guess I can say #metoo) to community centers to Lutheran and Catholic school gyms. The guy opening the gym on Sunday night always leads off with a prayer at center court. I think we all chalk it up to being like grace at Thanksgiving.

I’m currently out of work (for hopefully just the month), so I started up again at a rec center that has lunch pickup games. First game out, I’m being covered by a guy I used to play with three years ago at our town community center: Semi-hothead conscience-free trey-chucker who I initially hated, but whose game I came to respect. In the intervening years, I’ve played a lot more and my game’s gotten better. And as a result of trying to teach my daughter some different post moves, my footwork’s gotten a lot better too. So I get the ball down on the left post, and pivot inside with the ball over my head (“The Sikma move,” I tell my daughter. “Who?” she says.). He gets right up in my grill, so I pivot back, then spin baseline for a layup weakside. Down at the other end, he got a step on me baseline but I still blocked his shot. It was fun to see his shock that I wasn’t the same player as three years ago.

Talking about this always makes me wonder where our various relative abilities actually lie. Are we all on collective wavelengths, or is one of us really doing a Simmons and trying to impress with the dribble behind our backs? And is that Simmons me?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Joe Gill Right Wing shill just rolls off the tongue doesn’t it.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar