Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/30/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 83 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  jforb 1 year ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 84 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Snow Day, Reimer Fallout, Celtics edge Nuggets, Media Day at Super Bowl, etc.

Kevin
    Participant

Why does Brady always have to be so gracious?

If he wanted Reimer fired, he’d be gone!

This one time, he can’t be an asshole? :lol:

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Mildly interesting thing I read elsewhere:

The Pats haven’t lost a game indoors since Super Bowl 46.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Who is Reimer playing for this weekend? Only WEEI could talk exclusively about itself during Super Bowl week.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Saw this in Finn’s twitter:

On the latest episode of Season Ticket, coming at you from Minneapolis, @cgasper and @Dan_Shaughnessy discuss if the Eagles are a worthy opponent for the Patriots,

Who would want to listen to that? The Eagles went 13-3 with one of those losses in a meaningless game. They just won the NFC championship game in a blowout. So useless.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

On the latest episode of Season Ticket, coming at you from Minneapolis, @cgasper and @Dan_Shaughnessy discuss if the Eagles are a worthy opponent for the Patriots,

Who would want to listen to that? The Eagles went 13-3 with one of those losses in a meaningless game. They just won the NFC championship game in a blowout. So useless.

One of Shank’s picked up pieces was that everybody is going to pretend that the Eagles have a chance to win, but, get this, they are just another tomato can. It’s like he didn’t watch the Jaguars game.

Zolak is featured in the NY Times.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

jforb
    Participant

Guessing Shank wouldn’t find the 10-6 5th seed Giants worthy in 2007. Or the 9-7 4th seed Giants in 2011.

Participant

The 7 stages of a HOTTAKE gone wrong.

1. Pretend it didn’t happen

2. Scrub the evidence

3.  Claim you didn’t hear it/weren’t aware.

4.  Explain how the edginess works and tell folks “They don’t understand” the medium.

5.  Vouch for the character of the offender.

6. Issue a meanigless apology.

7.  Claim it’s time to “move on.”

Big Fat O
    Participant

What a gift Reimer gave EEI. No need to talk about the game when you can talk about yourselves.

This is right in Fraudways wheelhouse. He’s all high and mighty. Get the sense Futility Lou doesn’t care for Reimer.

chicowalker
    Participant

Stacy James basically said that Brady will not be interviewed next week, correct?

NASCL
    Participant

Radio Row looks like the most depressing place in America.

Was trying to find the point in the weekend shows where Tomase talked about Reimer (which means I’m suffering through Trenni and Tomase). One particularly self-unaware moment:

TRENNI: “I will say, even I’m tired of the narrative outside of New England where it’s like, ‘Oh, he’s a cheater, he’s a cheater, he does this, he does that.’ No, he’s just really flipping good. And I’m sorry that you weren’t smart enough in Buffalo or New York or anywhere else to draft a quarterback that’s good, and that’s just it. But I am tired of, it’s just a lazy narrative to be like, ‘Oh, Spygate, oh, Deflategate.’ Like who cares? Even if he did deflate footballs, he still put it where they’re supposed to go.”
    TOMASE: “Yeah, but at the same time, you sort of have to be able to look in the mirror and understand why people are saying that stuff. They’re not pulling it out of nowhere.”

Kingasaurus
    Participant

TOMASE: “Yeah, but at the same time, you sort of have to be able to look in the mirror and understand why people are saying that stuff. They’re not pulling it out of nowhere.”

I’m praying for him to fall down a flight of stairs. Aneurysm, anything. I’m not picky.

Kevin
    Participant

Phlegmmy Callahan was practically saying he’d choke Reimer within an inch of his life if he had said that on his show. :lol:

Then he was like, well, that’s what happens when you take chances and don’t play it safe like those pussies Dale and Holley.

Lebron
    Participant

Listening to Goodell talk about the “catch rules” and crying that something has to be done because “the fans want catches” all but assures I’m done with the NFL once Tom and Bill finish this spectacular run.  What a fucking joke.  No one understands!  It’s too hard!  The fans demand it!  Great league you’re running there.  A real leader would have said that the rules are pretty straight forward, the officials understand them, replay is used properly to examine the calls further, and that’s pretty much that.  They might as well have hired a teenage girl screaming for popularity and payed her in data plans and likes.

chicowalker
    Participant

Phlegmmy Callahan was practically saying he’d choke Reimer within an inch of his life if he had said that on his show. 😆 Then he was like, well, that’s what happens when you take chances and don’t play it safe like those pussies Dale and Holley.

maybe he’ll flip out, call him a faggot on air, get fired, and it all burns down

Lebron
    Participant

Tomase still clinging to the “I wanted the story to be true” aspect of his ‘apology’.  Yeah John, people never just say shit with zero evidence or a grain of truth, if they’re saying it there must be ‘some’ truth to it.

Lebron
    Participant

NBC Sports Boston

Verified account

@NBCSBoston
    34m34 minutes ago
    More
    Long-time Philadelphia media personality Howard Eskin tells with Tom E. Curran that the Patriots are ‘cheaters’ and only have ‘three’ legitimate Super Bowl championships. http://bit.ly/2Gwxq3O @tomecurran

Speaking of the depressing nature of radio row, Howard Eskin sucks, like his counterpart to the west in Pittsburgh, Madden.  The state of Pennsylvania has a monopoly on suck.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Listening to Goodell talk about the “catch rules” and crying that something has to be done because “the fans want catches” all but assures I’m done with the NFL once Tom and Bill finish this spectacular run. What a fucking joke. No one understands! It’s too hard! The fans demand it! Great league you’re running there. A real leader would have said that the rules are pretty straight forward, the officials understand them, replay is used properly to examine the calls further, and that’s pretty much that. They might as well have hired a teenage girl screaming for popularity and payed her in data plans and likes.

They might as well have some tweet contest and let the fans pick the rules each year. Sadly I’m sure that’s already been considered. I’m with you though. They’ve really killed a sport I’ve loved for a long time. It will be like baseball for me once Tom/Bill are gone. Catch a casual game once in a while but I definitely can’t see spending 8 hours on the couch every sunday watching horrible teams play a horrible product.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Saw this in Finn’s twitter: On the latest episode of Season Ticket, coming at you from Minneapolis, @cgasper and @Dan_Shaughnessy discuss if the Eagles are a worthy opponent for the Patriots, Who would want to listen to that? The Eagles went 13-3 with one of those losses in a meaningless game. They just won the NFC championship game in a blowout. So useless.

Globe writers opining to other Globe writers! Downloadable! Anytime anywhere! It’s genius. Jerry! GENIUS!

chicowalker
    Participant

maybe it’s not trumpeted the same way or more around the margins but do the other sports change their rules this much every goddamned year?

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Saw this in Finn’s twitter: On the latest episode of Season Ticket, coming at you from Minneapolis, @cgasper and @Dan_Shaughnessy discuss if the Eagles are a worthy opponent for the Patriots, Who would want to listen to that? The Eagles went 13-3 with one of those losses in a meaningless game. They just won the NFC championship game in a blowout. So useless.

One of Shank’s picked up pieces was that everybody is going to pretend that the Eagles have a chance to win, but, get this, they are just another tomato can. It’s like he didn’t watch the Jaguars game. Zolak is featured in the NY Times.

Point of Order: What evidence is there that Shank has watched any games in the past 20 years aside from Game 4 2004 WS (The Day The Wisecrack Crumbled) or … well, that one, anyway?

Lebron
    Participant

It doesn’t help when you have media like Pete who espouse what they personally deem as ‘fair’ changes to the rules that also have the commissioner of the sport’s ear.

Lebron
    Participant

I’m surprised Sterratore’s Crew didn’t have a podium last night.  Probably busy ‘selling industrial cleaning products’ in the area.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

What a gift Reimer gave EEI. No need to talk about the game when you can talk about yourselves. This is right in Fraudways wheelhouse. He’s all high and mighty. Get the sense Futility Lou doesn’t care for Reimer.

Anybody with a kid should “not care for Reimer.” Just another “Look at me!” cat-turd thinking he’s an influencer and a celebrity based on a part-time third-man-in gig at a sports radio station. i’m by no means the first to say this, but kids are off-limits, and the glue-sniffers who try to get another nanosecond of “fame” by claiming “Brady was asking for it,” are even lower on the skunkpole.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar