Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/30/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 83 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  jforb 1 year ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 84 total)
  • Author

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Radio Row looks like the most depressing place in America.

When will they do the right thing and re-name it “Andleman Alley”?

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

maybe it’s not trumpeted the same way or more around the margins but do the other sports change their rules this much every goddamned year?

Other sports don’t have the beacon that is The Competition Committee.

:wall:

BrianInLA
    Participant

maybe it’s not trumpeted the same way or more around the margins but do the other sports change their rules this much every goddamned year?

What would be the baseball equivalent of moving the extra point back? 4 strikes for a K? Can you imagine the baseball purists? They lost their mind when they made the intentional walk a simple wave of the hand rather than making a pitcher lob 4 pitches.

BrianInLA
    Participant

And has been pointed out many, many times on here its almost comical when you think about it. They fret over every this and than in football from what’s a catch to no kickoffs, moving the kickoffs, various rules on who can hit who on what play (cant hit a receiver in the head but no problem smashing a running back in the head)…but after all of that they spot a first down, one of the most important moments of the game, based on where a ref thinks the ball was when a players knee hit the ground and its so scientific that they just walk across the field and put the ball on a random spot close to where it should be and then they measure down to the width of a piece of paper for the first down.

jforb
    Participant

Toss the ball to another official across the field actually. And then eyeball the chains from 20 yards away.

Wouldn’t help too much from down to down, but I’ve always thought they should round first downs to the nearest yard line.

Claude45
    Participant

Tomase still clinging to the “I wanted the story to be true” aspect of his ‘apology’. Yeah John, people never just say shit with zero evidence or a grain of truth, if they’re saying it there must be ‘some’ truth to it.

Blinded By The Lombardis wrote:

Was trying to find the point in the weekend shows where Tomase talked about Reimer (which means I’m suffering through Trenni and Tomase). One particularly self-unaware moment:

TRENNI: “I will say, even I’m tired of the narrative outside of New England where it’s like, ‘Oh, he’s a cheater, he’s a cheater, he does this, he does that.’ No, he’s just really flipping good. And I’m sorry that you weren’t smart enough in Buffalo or New York or anywhere else to draft a quarterback that’s good, and that’s just it. But I am tired of, it’s just a lazy narrative to be like, ‘Oh, Spygate, oh, Deflategate.’ Like who cares? Even if he did deflate footballs, he still put it where they’re supposed to go.” TOMASE: “Yeah, but at the same time, you sort of have to be able to look in the mirror and understand why people are saying that stuff. They’re not pulling it out of nowhere.”

I borrowed the Tomase quote for twitter, thanks for pulling it. Tomase is just a scumbag. I don’t give a shit how wonderful he is to other young reporters, etc. His lack of acknowledgement and contrition for his incompetence or lying is beyond the pale. Then he just keeps doubling down with his fairy tale bullshit.

HEY TOMASE. Hold the fucking mirror up to yourself for once. YOU are the #1 reason that PEOPLE think they are not pulling “it” out of NOWHERE. Not the Pats or even the League. BUT YOU. It was YOU all along. YOU.

So you can shut the fuck the up about the Pats, come clean or die in a fire.  Reverse order fine if possible.

Wordpress won’t let me post but I had YOU repeated a hundred times or so. Says it’s spam. FU wordpress

Participant

I’m surprised Sterratore’s Crew didn’t have a podium last night. Probably busy ‘selling industrial cleaning products’ in the area.

Out of ajax? Eff you pay me.

Claude45
    Participant

No other league is even 10% as reactionary to one event like the NFL. It’s amazing to watch. The League office is incompetent with zero backbone. They way the League bends to a few hundred people on twitter and a handful of media members is insane.

The league doesn’t set out to change the rules because it’s the Pats “benefiting”. The league changes the rules because the public and media don’t like the Pats benefiting and bitch about it. Petey King has as much impact on the rules of league as anyone in the league. That’s crazy. They are running this thing into the ground.

We are going to end up with less possession required for a scoring play than a 3 yard swing pass. The guy on the swing pass will hit the ground and the ball bounce out and it will be no catch. If a guy does the same thing while catching at the 1, crossing over the goal line and dropping it when he hits the ground; it will be a TD. I’m convinced this is where it will end up.

jforb
    Participant

No other league is even 10% as reactionary to one event like the NFL. It’s amazing to watch. The League office is incompetent with zero backbone. They way the League bends to a few hundred people on twitter and a handful of media members is insane.

Agree with the rest but “this time it counts” would like a word.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Proposed rule changes for next year: Not allowing teams to kickoff short of the end zone more than once per game, no more allowing running backs to line up wide, tight ends aren’t allowed more than 5 yards past the line of scrimmage at any point and if you are a QB with the last name ending in a “Y” you have to throw with the wrong hand.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Oh, and all replays will go to the twitter audience to decide similar to American Idol. This way they’ll get more fans to watch the game. Text #2323 for CATCH and #3434 for NO CATCH. Back after this commercial break…..

This was from two years ago:

Never got much traction for some reason.

Claude45
    Participant

Agree with the rest but “this time it counts” would like a word.

Ha, ok maybe there is one other….

Participant

Isn’t Coach Spags local?

Kevin
    Participant

It’s almost as if they edited in Brady’s daughter to be as adorable as possible in this latest episode, just to make Reimer look like a bigger asshole. :lol:

Claude45
    Participant

It’s almost as if they edited in Brady’s daughter to be as adorable as possible in this latest episode, just to make Reimer look like a bigger asshole. 😆

My advice to Reimer is never have kids. If what Brady’s daughter was doing in the show annoys you, it would a long road for you raising a kid.

Isn’t Coach Spags local?

He’s from Shrewsbury, right?

Participant

Like Petesy King, Buck always has to let you know it’s about him regardless of the topic

“I had lunch with Alex and his dad just last month and, speaking as someone who lost his own father at age 15, it was uplifting to see them talk about the Sox, Patriots, etc., in the easy, carefree, innocent fashion that fathers and sons do.”

The cards they carry?  A trust fund cocaine addled dick and a wannabe cop/navy seal – who the last time he had ANY uniform on shit himself in a HS super bowl – allegedly.

“He wants to be Gerry Callahan and/or Kirk Minihane, two seasoned, card-carrying tough guys.”

Sure, they’ve got the cancer and all – but Gerry/Kirk need a human shield from time to time.

“But listen to how mushy these two tough guys get when they talk about Jimmy Fund “play lady” Lisa Scherber and all those beautiful kids fighting cancer at Dana-Farber. For all the daily bombast, it’s at times like these that their humanity is revealed in a way that’s entirely organic.”

Kevin
    Participant

Also, most teenage boys would think it’s strange to walk in and see your dad shirtless and being rubbed down by another dude while a third guy videotapes it, but for Jack Brady, it’s called Tuesday. :lol:

Suzy
    Participant

Like Petesy King, Buck always has to let you know it’s about him regardless of the topic “I had lunch with Alex and his dad just last month and, speaking as someone who lost his own father at age 15, it was uplifting to see them talk about the Sox, Patriots, etc., in the easy, carefree, innocent fashion that fathers and sons do.” The cards they carry? A trust fund cocaine addled dick and a wannabe cop/navy seal – who the last time he had ANY uniform on shit himself in a HS super bowl – allegedly. “He wants to be Gerry Callahan and/or Kirk Minihane, two seasoned, card-carrying tough guys.” Sure, they’ve got the cancer and all – but Gerry/Kirk need a human shield from time to time. “But listen to how mushy these two tough guys get when they talk about Jimmy Fund “play lady” Lisa Scherber and all those beautiful kids fighting cancer at Dana-Farber. For all the daily bombast, it’s at times like these that their humanity is revealed in a way that’s entirely organic.”

He is such an asshole. He gets Brady’s attention (somehow) in Minny and what does he do with that valuable time?  Asks him about the little attention-whore twink. What a fucking loser. Go get “lost” in the Fens again. Allegedly.

chicowalker
    Participant

Also, most teenage boys would think it’s strange to walk in and see your dad shirtless and being rubbed down by another dude while a third guy videotapes it, but for Jack Brady, it’s called Tuesday. 😆

I thought you were on that Buckley article until Jack Brady

Lebron
    Participant

Isn’t Coach Spags local?

He’s from Shrewsbury, right?

Ghost of Tip O’Neill
    @SpeakerTip
    My guest at the STATE OF THE UNION will be Anthony “SPAG” Borgatti #mapoli

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  Lebron.

Participant

Times piece on Zo.

“He’s one of us,” said Paul Kenney, a 57-year-old landscaper from Dedham, Mass.

Oh no, it’s all you Scott.

“Zolak also that at least SOME of his popularity is a result of the unprecedented success.”

BS – I’ve never heard this before anywhere.  Would have had to been in ’08 after the 07 world series since he claims the Sox were “really good” at the time.

“Before 1 of the Super Bowls in Arizona, we were in a sushi resaurant, Louth recalled one day last week.  “Half the Patriots’ coaching staff was in there, and so was Manny Ramirez.  This was when the Red Sox were really good.  But the fans who came in were chanting, ‘Zo, Zo, Zo.’ I was looking around thinking what is going on here?”

Suzy
    Participant

Half the Patriots’ coaching staff was in there, and so was Manny Ramirez. This was when the Red Sox were really good. But the fans who came in were chanting, ‘Zo, Zo, Zo.’ I was looking around thinking what is going on here?”

NASCL
    Participant

Paulie Walnuts from Dedham.  Does he still call sports radio?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar