Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/5/2017 Daily Thread. So this is it?!?!

This topic contains 77 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  jforb 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 78 total)
  • Author

Rickkyboy
    Participant

:wall:

Participant

Fuck ’em

TwoTimes
    Participant

I’m not a doctor or anything, but wouldn’t this hit job have been better served coming out a week from now in the leadup to their first playoff game?

328 Chauncey St
    Participant

I think the most offensive thing they do, usually on Napkins and Yarm, is bring in some shitbag who pulls something out his ass..For example, Bedard saying that Brady hates Belichick, obviously with no source other than his own stupid speculation. An hour later, someone will call in and question it, and they will point to the fact that Bedard said it an hour ago as if that somehow makes it fact. It’s fucking ponderous.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I’m not giving ESPN the clicks. I’ll work from what TEC says http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/how-process-espn-piece-pats-dysfunction

Kevin
    Participant

A lot of “dream job with the Giants” out there on Twitter. :lol:

Gimp
    Participant

There are more named sources in this new Trump-is-nuts book than there are in the ESPN article.

Nice job by The Tall Man breaking the release of the article.

Participant

Gives espn a day of programming today and tomorrow during their awful pregame show

Kevin
    Participant

No matter how many dick jokes I make, not once has Bruce ever named me Poster of the Week!

Nashua Dad
    Participant

People know McDaniels and Patricia are leaving this time, it will be different next year. Might even struggle a bit with 2 new coordinators. QB will be 41 and he still wants to play. That’s the story.

When they say it’s the last rodeo for Brady, BB and Kraft obviously Kraft will be there, so where is the story on where BB or Brady go next year? That would be a story.

Hugh Jassol
    Participant

Who is this clown?

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  Hugh Jassol.

Feejis
    Participant

Did the article say what Bruce said it said? I ain’t reading it.

jforb
    Participant

No idea, but that’s a batshit reading of what Bruce said.

Claude45
    Participant

A lot of “dream job with the Giants” out there on Twitter. 😆

No matter how many dick jokes I make, not once has Bruce ever named me Poster of the Week!

Same here Kevin but I’ve gone with the word count angle. It’s worked for Simmons and King so why not me! Look how hard I’m working!

NASCL
    Participant

Bunch of faders!

Kevin
    Participant

Disagree. What Bruce said:

The article says that Brady had meetings with Kraft saying he’s serious about playing into his 40’s. It never says he demanded they trade Garoppolo.

Kevin
    Participant

Radio Watch Guy is a giant gaping asshole, though.

Claude45
    Participant

Well, it looks like the empire is crumbling. Everyone at Patriot Place hates each other and needs validation. Snake oil selling svengali weaving his black magic and driving a wedge through the organization. Dream jobs opening up all over the place. Also, evidently, the Patriots cannot try to develop another QB. Jimmy G was the one shot they had to follow Brady so now we’re Cleveland forever.

Now, let’s just go ahead and win a couple more Superbowls before Brady/Belichick hangs them up.

jforb
    Participant

I assumed this was the tweet being referenced

Feejis
    Participant

Disagree. What Bruce said: The article says that Brady had meetings with Kraft saying he’s serious about playing into his 40’s. It never says he demanded they trade Garoppolo.

Well then it sucks that Bruce got it wrong but it’s not surprising guys like Merloni make that their primary takeaway here.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I wasn’t planning on watching any pre-game shows this weekend but now I’ll avoid them like the plague.

Callahardfoul
    Participant

The only thing that truly pissed me off about the piece is the callous allegation that Belichick and Goodell are friends now?  :weei:

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  Callahardfoul.

Kevin
    Participant

And we all knew Kraft’s Deflategate defense of Brady was weak, but it seems like it was a total sham too. All just for show.

Kevin
    Participant

What is Futility Lou’s beef with Bruce?

I was surprised he even knew who Bruce was.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Brady snapping at Josh after missing a throw to an open Cooks? Just an example of Brady’s well known hyperlocal hyper-competitiveness? No! Proof-positive of months of frustration and anger!  :dry:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Feejis
    Participant

What is Futility Lou’s beef with Bruce? I was surprised he even knew who Bruce was.

Bruce didn’t tip the Mrs?

Kevin
    Participant

Imagine how much better Garoppolo would be if Brady fixed his footwork!

Hacksaw
    Participant

What is Futility Lou’s beef with Bruce? I was surprised he even knew who Bruce was.

Two words for Lou….Midre Cummings.

Lefty

I don’t give a fuck who likes who and who doesn’t like who.  I want them to play football at a high level.

That’s it.   They can piss in each others cornflakes before and after the games if they like.  Don’t care.

If I wanted soap opera bullshit and felt the need to get involved in it, I’d watch Lifetime, or some reality show bullshit, or ESPN, which stopped being about sports 25 years ago and became a full time pussified male soap opera, with cute nicknames and planned protagonists and antagonists.

They play the damn game and I ignore all the media jackals.   That’s the deal.

If the networks would just bring back the broadcast of the game with NO announcers, just stadium sound, I would be deliriously happy.

Ironhead
    Participant

Is it worth reading?   Honestly?

TwoTimes
    Participant

Breer really has a story providing his take on the ESPN story, which essentially amounts to just regurgitating it?  He’s the best.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Breer really has a story providing his take on the ESPN story, which essentially amounts to just regurgitating it? He’s the best.

When does he not do that?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I’m not a doctor or anything, but wouldn’t this hit job have been better served coming out a week from now in the leadup to their first playoff game?

Gives other reporters the opportunity to ask nine days of nonsense follow-up questions, instead of two days.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Ironhead
    Participant

Ugh.  Tom, Sr. has had dinner with Wickersham?

“Tommy is fine with it,” his father, Tom Brady Sr., said years ago over dinner in San Mateo, California. “He’s the perfect foil for it.”

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Bruce didn’t get anything wrong- he has the memo sent to ESPN staffers- they just edited the article before releasing it.

Feejis
    Participant

Is it worth reading? Honestly?

Guy at work went off on BB saying Kraft forced him to trade JG and BB screwed him by getting only a second round pick. Brief summary of our conversation.

Me: “was this from the story today?”

“Yeah.”

Me: “So you think Kraft forced him to make the trade then was totally hands off and just said – ok thanks Bill lemme know how the trade goes?”

”Kraft doesn’t make the trades.”

Me: “But if he forced a trade, don’t you think he’d be involved and want to be updated on how it was going?”

”Who knows? He trusts Bill to do what’s best and he got screwed.”

Me: “If BB wanted to screw them, why didn’t he just dump him for a 6th rounder or whatever?”

”I just don’t like the trade. No matter what.”

Me: “So you should be mad at the guy who forced it to happen.”

”Kraft doesn’t make the trades.”

Point being – you can have these fun conversations without reading it.  :weei:

Callahardfoul
    Participant

I do get a little tingle knowing that this shit probably galvanizes the Pats for their playoff run.

Participant

Will the bring the media “BIG GUNZ” to Gillette for pressers next week?

I look forward to them being told FU by Bill next week.

And I’m looking forward to Bill telling the 1st ESPN employee he sees after he wins another soupy to go tom jackson themself

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  02062.

Feejis
    Participant

Long way of saying, you can’t be angry (ie say they could’ve gotten a lot more) at the return if you believe BB was forced to make the deal because the return was absolutely signed off on by the boss.

Kevin
    Participant

I do get a little tingle knowing that this shit probably galvanizes the Pats for their playoff run.

Feejis
    Participant

Will the bring the media “BIG GUNZ” to Gillette for pressers next week? I look forward to them being told FU by Bill next week. And I’m looking forward to Bill telling the 1st ESPN he sees after he wins another soupy to go tom jackson themself

The Pats just issued a pablum statement that will let BB say “we’ve addressed it in our statement, so that’s all I’m going to say on it” about 30 times in his next presser.

Kevin
    Participant

Bruce didn’t get anything wrong- he has the memo sent to ESPN staffers- they just edited the article before releasing it.

Memo says the same thing the article does. Nothing about Brady forcing a trade.

Feejis
    Participant

In other news that I thought happened 5 years ago, Daniel Bard retired.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

So the brilliant final act of Bill’s coaching career would be to prove he can win without Brady? And trading Jimmy ruined that and now he’s mad?

Humphrey
    Participant

In other news that I thought happened 5 years ago, Daniel Bard retired.

You mean you missed all those “updates on 9” mentions of Bard by Nickles over the years, most of which amounted to Jack Shit?
    :lol:

BTW I always felt that his implosions in Sept. 2011 caused their collapse more than anything.    One in particular in Toronto where Bum was going for win #200, was horrible, but would have gotten it except Bard came in and walked/hit the ballpark.    Then maybe they would have taken Bum back behind the barn and shot him instead of what they did, which was to keep throwing him out there.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Never thought of it like thus but BB sent Bledsoe to a division rival while Jimmy G was sent about as far from Patriots as humanly possible.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Mike Reiss is an ESPN employee and certainly the one employee they have most connected to the Patriot organization.  Does today’s hit piece even acknowledge is existence?

Coma
    Participant

What do PK and his chums say when they are misled by a source? “Oh well, it happens”? Then they just go on to the next story like it’s no big deal. Somehow, I think Bruce’s tweets will be treated a little different.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Today is another day I am so glad to work from home and therefore not be subjected to any water-cooler talk about all this crap. I do dread calling my parents later and having to listen to my father spew back to me all the ESPN garbage. It’s not even worth trying to refute any of it, what he hears on Colin Cowherd and PTI is gospel.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I have to echo what others have said here: It amazes me that so many of my [Facebook] “friends” read or read about that Wickersham piece and take it at face value. Especially those who claim to be “big Pats’ fans.”

:weei:

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 78 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar