Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/6/2020- 1/12/2020 Daily Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Humphrey
    Participant

At least in the national media there will probably be more pissing and moaning about Drew Brees not getting the ball than the Patriots losing.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Humphrey.
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I’m on to “Anybody but the Ravens” myself.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

You’ve got to think a Hot Dish – Tits soupy matchup would be bad for the broadcast partners.

RedSeat
    Participant

I think my rooting interests are:

t1. Vikings. meh

t1. Titans. meh

3. Niners. No real strong feelings, but Jimmy G. takes could get annoying.

4. Seahawks. Mostly meh, but don’t want Pete to win.

5. Texans. Might be #1 if not for the JJ show.

t6. Packers. Rodgers GOAT truthers.

t6. Chiefs. Mahomes GOAT-in-waiting truthers.

8. Ravens. No comment needed.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

The only good thing about the Ravens advancing is that another home game means another chance for those filthy savages to kill each other by lighting the porta-john’s on fire.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

All that lobbying from the press box got Coach McCarthy the Cowboys gig.

jforb
    Participant

Is Dinosaur Bob still arguing that letting go of the ball 3 seconds after hitting the ground should be a fumble?

Lebron
    Participant

Brutally Honest Zim bugs me more than most but that’s a good list.

Spent the day in the mountains snowboarding with the kids and it was a great way to spend a don’t give a fuck about these games Sunday.  Plan on doing that through February 2.

Lebron
    Participant

Hightower is $11.3 on the cap next year.  They need a bit of linebacker help it seems so it would be good if that number came down a bit.  McCourty is a free agent, he had another good year but someone will likely overpay him.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Patriots Depth Chart if every free agent leaves and everyone on IR returns ready to play:

QB: Stidham, Kessler
    RB: Michel, Burkhead, White, Harris, Bolden, Olszewski
    FB: James Develin, Jakob Johnson
    WR: Edelman, Sanu, Harry, Meyers
    TE: LaCosse, Izzo
    LT: Wynn, Cunningham
    LG: Froholdt, Cajuste
    C: Andrews
    RG: Mason
    RT: Cannon (Eleumenur RFA)

DE: Guy, Wise, Simon, Winovich, Rivers (Keointa Davis RFA)
    DT: Cowart (Butler is RFA)
    LB: Hightower, Bentley, Calhoun
    SS: Chung, Brooks, Melifonwu
    FS: Harmon, Gant
    CB: Gilmore, Jones, Jackson, Jason McCourty, Bethel, D’Angelo Ross

K: Gostkowski
    P: Bailey
    LS: Cardona

$42 Million Cap Space

Projected Picks 1, 3, 3, 3, 4, 6, 6, 6, 6, 7, 7, 7

Lebron
    Participant

Is Dinosaur Bob still arguing that letting go of the ball 3 seconds after hitting the ground should be a fumble?

That was the weirdest thing.  He’s acting like it’s some new rule.  It’s been in place for fucking ever, along with the ground can’t cause a fumble.  At the same time, if he’s saying your totally down or your knee is down but you can still fumble, what about spotting the ball?  Should they stop spotting the ball where your knee went down and spot it where you lunged forward or whatever else is supposed to be the new ‘now your down’ rule?  He also has issues with offside in hockey, like you shouldn’t be called offside if your toe is offside and video shows you to be offside.  You aren’t really offside, your only offside if your offside in Bob’s opinion and certainly not based on available video evidence.

jforb
    Participant

I see PK is now writing polls for Steelers fan sites

Yahtzee
    Participant

So, apparently Gerry Callahan has decided that his voice cannot be silenced, and he’s going the podcast route.  With guest host Alex Reimer.

:puke:

Coma
    Participant

Responding to jforb’s post, I thought the headline for that was bad (“What do the Steelers do with Ryan Shazier?” kind of the same way I ask myself “What do I do with that leaf blower that won’t start?”), but then I saw the “Let him walk” choice. Holy shit, that’s tone deaf.

As a bonus, someone commented that Pittsburgh should pay him his salary at the time he was injured for the rest of his life. Yeah, that’s an idea grounded in reality.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Shouldn’t the NFL players association have a mechanism in place for guys like  Ryan Shazier? Or, as I suspect, all these hours of negotiations are about total BS like an 18 game schedule and weed testing.

Lebron
    Participant

NFLPA cares about every penny for players who are playing, they sell their souls to Goodell for an extra 1/100th of a point of revenue.  Guys that aren’t playing?  Eh, they can hang with the guys that get suspended for however long Goodell feels is necessary.

Lebron
    Participant

Cows going with McCarthy and then Mike Nolan as DC?  Mike Nolan?  He must have been on the list just below Rod Rust, Joe Collier, Jim Johnson and Monte Kiffin.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

the Gilbert Gottfried podcast had a joke that has kept a smil on my face all day.

Gilbert meets Henny Youngman years ago. Henny asks:

Are you married?

No

What do you do for aggravation?

Fatty had this yesterday. I thought for sure it’d be corrected by now, but it still sits there incorrect:

New England was 4-6 in its last 10 games. Not including the 34-13 win over the worst team in the league, Cincinnati, the Patriots scored 16.6 points a game after Halloween.

His editor’s just the best, though.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Coma
    Participant

Fatty had this yesterday. I thought for sure it’d be corrected by now, but it still sits there incorrect:

New England was 4-6 in its last 10 games. Not including the 34-13 win over the worst team in the league, Cincinnati, the Patriots scored 16.6 points a game after Halloween.

His editor’s just the best, though.

I tried to work through how PK & company came up with that number and there’s so much wrong there it’s difficult to believe it’s all just due to mistakes. It would be more believable if there was an attempt to be intentionally misleading, because the alternative is total incompetence. Just off the top, the Patriots only lost 5 games total and only played 9 games after Halloween.

Coma
    Participant

Cows going with McCarthy and then Mike Nolan as DC? Mike Nolan? He must have been on the list just below Rod Rust, Joe Collier, Jim Johnson and Monte Kiffin.

In PK’s glowing profile of McCarthy a couple weeks ago, didn’t he write about McCarthy assembling a “coaching staff” to mock gameplan and watch games or something like that? I don’t know how useful or innovative this was, but at least it was different. When McCarthy gets a HC job, the outside the box thinking ends and he tabs a guy who hasn’t coached since 2014. The bed and breakfast guy that Art Shell brought in during his last stint with the Raiders was probably hopeful for a while before he realized McCarthy will be his own OC.

NASCL
    Participant

Carolina:  Baylor hardo (so much for Brady landing there now)

NY Giants:  Joe Judge, a surprise

Looks like Cleveland is the only job on the board for McDaniels at the moment

Lebron
    Participant

Schefter reporting Joe Judge to the Giants as HC.

Lefty

With the latest “spying” allegations against the Red Sox and their latest rapey clubhouse guy, I am sure the Globe will have several articles asking what kind of a show they are running over there.    Have to also assume Dan Hausle is digging out some new sweater vests to go ask the “tough” questions.

frauds.

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Humphrey
    Participant

First question is: “why did a guy who was indicted/arrested/charged in July not get suspended until January?”. Especially when if the clubhouse is run the same way as it used to be; there are young men working there during the season.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar