Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/6-7 Wildcard Thread

This topic contains 101 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Coma 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 102 total)
  • Author

Humphrey
    Participant

And now the Globe brings in Ass Hohler to jump on the pile (I refuse to read).    Fuck them mightily.

Yahtzee
    Participant

It’s disgraceful from a journalism perspective. Nearly every paragraph includes “according to espn”, “espn reported”, “the magazine reported”, “the story said”, etc.

And then Guerrero, Guerrero, Guerrero.

The rest is speculation about how terrible the fallout could be.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

I took a look at Bedard’s subscriber base. Chris Price has been posting the subscriber count regularly, so I started with that and found some other posts bragging after hitting milestones. Things were still climbing but the pace had slowed over the fall. I’m not sure there was any discernible bump from his appearances with Felger. There’s a bump mid-December which may be Christmas gifts if it isn’t Felger-related.

150 subscribers yesterday though after Coach was named as a source in the Wickersham garbage and he made the media rounds. Maybe his best day since launch. That’s disheartening.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Disheartening for him, or us?

I reiterate; the bottom falls out after the Super Bowl.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Feejis
    Participant

I took a look at Bedard’s subscriber base. Chris Price has been posting the subscriber count regularly, so I started with that and found some other posts bragging after hitting milestones. Things were still climbing but the pace had slowed over the fall. I’m not sure there was any discernible bump from his appearances with Felger. There’s a bump mid-December which may be Christmas gifts if it isn’t Felger-related. 150 subscribers yesterday though after Coach was named as a source in the Wickersham garbage and he made the media rounds. Maybe his best day since launch. That’s disheartening.

Attachments:

InThisTown
    Participant

Lifetime value of a customer has to be 100 bucks-ish generously. Would be surprised if the Cost Per Acquisition for a sub using Facebook is less than $70.

Feejis
    Participant

Lifetime value of a customer has to be 100 bucks-ish generously. Would be surprised if the Cost Per Acquisition for a sub using Facebook is less than $70.

Realize Facebook is probably outdated in terms of their target but their page has only 1,200 followers. That’s not a lot.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Bogut released by Lakers.

jforb
    Participant

Realize Facebook is probably outdated in terms of their target but their page has only 1,200 followers. That’s not a lot.

As I’ve said every time we’ve discussed it here, you can’t have an entirely paywalled startup. Might be ok when you hit 40k subscribers, but if you’re trying to grow and no one can read your content, no one’s going to bother. And 3 month old practice reports don’t count.

Coma
    Participant

Some Joe Gill humor:

On FB, Joe posted that he wasn’t looking forward to shoveling after the latest storm. In the comments, someone asks him if he has a snowblower, to which Joe says he’s going to get one next year. Another friend chimes in with:

If they made a starwars edition he would have bought it when he bought the house

Kind of reassuring that his friends also realize he’s an easy target for jokes.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

One of the most predictable things about this Wickersham shit is that when nothing catastrophic comes of it, you know exactly what he’ll say.

Two years from now when Brady and BB are still here and everything seems normal, someone will ask him about it:

“Well, I never said it definitely would cause one of them to quit. Only that some people were worried about it, and that it could happen.”

Participant

Oh good, Bob’s talking to Pete King about this.  :wall:   :weei:   :pk:

Big Fat O
    Participant

It’s stunning to hear how everyone is taking this crap as gospel and turning on Brady.

If they could trade Brady for Jimmy 100% of the idiots around here would do it in a second.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

If they could trade Brady for Jimmy 100% of the idiots around here would do it in a second.

The same idiots would also kill them if Garoppolo was injured or played like shit as Pats starting QB in ’18.

Lose-lose with these jagoffs,.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Are we supposed to root for the Titans?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

They’re the five seed, so they’re playing the Steelers unless the Bills upset the Jags. Who knows? The Steelers seem to always beat the Chiefs anyway.

Brian
    Participant

Tits and Bills.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

So who are those douchebags in that abomination of an opening? Hank Williams and…?

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Today we are all Two Times.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I like the Titans today and then they get killed next week in New England.

Tommyfw
    Participant

Do it for TwoTimes!

BrianInLA
    Participant

They’re the five seed, so they’re playing the Steelers unless the Bills upset the Jags. Who knows? The Steelers seem to always beat the Chiefs anyway.

I don’t think this is correct.  Titans play pats if jags win.  Pats play lowest remaining seed, no?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Okay, I’ll get on board.

Win it for Dolly!

jforb
    Participant

Has Triplett always had that gut?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I don’t think this is correct. Titans play pats if jags win. Pats play lowest remaining seed, no?

This says Titans #5, Bills #6. Sporting News.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I don’t think this is correct. Titans play pats if jags win. Pats play lowest remaining seed, no?

This says Titans #5, Bills #6. Sporting News.

Oh wait. You’re right. We play the winner of this game UNLESS the Bills upset.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Titans suck. The Pats should’ve offered to let Josh McD coach them for a week as a mutual test drive.

Gimp
    Participant

Did Shawn McD just drop some Raiders chatter on Gruden before the deal is final?

Is it official? I’ve been waiting for the angel of death with the flu so I could have missed something.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

That’s a fumble.
    The 2 minute thing is a sham if they aren’t going to review possible turnovers.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Well that was a fumble and clear Titans recovery, but no one cares.

Kelce should also not be allowed to return this game, but they’ll probably let him.

BrianInLA
    Participant

How is that not at least reviewed? Kelce missing next week wouldn’t make me sad.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Titans got screwed and McDonough and Gruden clammed right up about it. Might cost them points.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Terrible phantom
    call against the Titans.
    Now a TD.
    Criminal.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Titans got screwed and McDonough and Gruden clammed right up about it. Might cost them points.

At least they noticed and mentioned it. It took Michaels and Romo 10 minutes to figure out the Jesse James incompletion.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Mariota also should have been called for a fumble too on that play.

jforb
    Participant

Mariota also should have been called for a fumble too on that play.

Wonder if the officials screwed up the Kelce one the same way with a whistle.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Triplette and his crew are just pathetic.

BrianInLA
    Participant

What a clown show.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

They missed the spot by the height of a power forward.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Nice of show the worst possible replay angle as the first one. Dopes.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Please let that stand. A completion to self for a TD is awesome.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Just like we drew it up, coach!

Yahtzee
    Participant

Wow. Huge break for Tenn is right on that roughing the kicker.

Then, the dope muffs it.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  Yahtzee.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Things are getting very interesting . . .

Yahtzee
    Participant

. . . and that stadium is getting very quiet.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Holy shit he was open by 12 yards.
    TD!!
    Tip your hat to Mularkey-they had him fired at halftime.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Amendola makes that catch.

Yahtzee
    Participant

OMG

Never mind.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  Yahtzee.

CornerBlitz
    Participant

I don’t like saying choke but up 21-3 at home in the 3rd might qualify.
    Not over, but that’s nuts 🥜
    Unbelievable.
    Thought I heard a whistle.
    He was down.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

What the fvck?

Edit: He was down.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar