Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 1/6-7 Wildcard Thread

This topic contains 101 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Coma 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 102 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

I don’t like saying choke but up 21-3 at home in the 3rd might qualify.

I agree with you but what else can you say in this case?

Mike
    Participant

So whose team “X” now?

Participant

Both the Ravens and the Chiefs aren’t afraid of YOU and are on vacation.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

The Red Jets strike again!  :lol:

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

A Ten – Jax path to the Super Bowl would be glorious.

Congrats to Two Times. Only a victory by the Frost Class Bills can keep the Titans from becoming Team x (lowercase) over the next 7 days.

Both the Ravens and the Chiefs aren’t afraid of YOU and are on vacation.

Lack of fear doesn’t seam to be a good thing.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I like nothing better than two hothead assholes like Kelce and Peters heading for the golf course. Glorious.

Mike
    Participant

Charles Woodson just can’t let it go.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Well, Marshall Faulk can’t either, which is why he got fired.

jforb
    Participant

A Ten – Jax path to the Super Bowl would be glorious.

Pretty possible I think.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

Tuck Rule? (I’m not watching)

Mike
    Participant

He was talking about the play where forward progress was called for Marriota. Probably was a fumble. Charles is tired of these calls affecting playoff games.🙄

CornerBlitz
    Participant

Kelce’s KO was a fumble- no review. Take 7 off for the Chefs, probably add 3 for Titans. Mariota fumble is a red herring.

Coma
    Participant

He was talking about the play where forward progress was called for Marriota. Probably was a fumble. Charles is tired of these calls affecting playoff games.🙄

In a general sense, Woodson is right. If the Patriots were burned by a bad call in a playoff game, I’d have a few posts on here complaining about the officiating. On the other hand, the officials also helped out KC with the missed fumble by Kelce. Probably more important, when you have an 18 point second half lead in a home playoff game against Mike Mularkey, you can really only blame yourself if you lose.

TwoTimes
    Participant

Fuck those motherfuckers.

Participant

Rodney pointing out Revis slowing down on the clinching 1st down was nice.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  02062.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Collinsworth does not sound like a human being.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I wonder if how nakedly he’s stealing money right now will be brought up when it’s time to consider him for the Hall of Fame?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Andy Reid is just awful when it comes to playoff games. He absolutely looses his shit in the face of any adversity. After nearly 30 years in the NFL how can he still be making the same mistakes?

jforb
    Participant

How can teams keep letting him make those mistakes?

328 Chauncey St
    Participant

He didn’t cover himself in glory on the Henry touchdown run either…They showed it on the post game show and I believe his effort was described as “shameful”. Great way to be remembered.

Humphrey
    Participant

Speaking of mistakes, was hoping the Rams would score 2 tds and Quinn would get skewered for kicking the PAT with 5 minutes to go (to put them up 13, which, at that point in the game, isn’t worth any more than 12).

jforb
    Participant

Jesus christ

Nobody tried harder to revive his baseball career than Daniel Bard. He retired last week and will now complete his degree at the University of North Carolina. Bard was a terrific setup man for the Red Sox, but things fell apart for him when he tried to transition to starting in 2012. His manager at the time, Bobby Valentine, told management to keep Bard in the bullpen, but his opinion fell on deaf ears.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Doug Kyes of NESN is often a tool, but here he offers a well thought out  data-based rebuttal to the “they could have franchised Garoppolo” crowd.

Link

Edit: Fixed link

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Doug Kyes of NESN is often a tool, but here he offers a well thought out data-based rebuttal to the “they could have franchised Garoppolo” crowd. Link

Good article. In the link you cut off the “htt” at the beginning of the URL.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Doug Kyes of NESN is often a tool, but here he offers a well thought out data-based rebuttal to the “they could have franchised Garoppolo” crowd. Link

Good article. In the link you cut off the “htt” at the beginning of the URL.

Thanks, fixed it.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Good to see Tony Romo in the tournament…

Hacksaw
    Participant

OJ has been spotted tailgating with Bills fans.

Yahtzee
    Participant

This game has set back offensive football 40 years.

Gimp
    Participant

This is just an unpleasant game of football to watch.  Jesus.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Jesus christ

Nobody tried harder to revive his baseball career than Daniel Bard. He retired last week and will now complete his degree at the University of North Carolina. Bard was a terrific setup man for the Red Sox, but things fell apart for him when he tried to transition to starting in 2012. His manager at the time, Bobby Valentine, told management to keep Bard in the bullpen, but his opinion fell on deaf ears.

The Mensa candidate follows that one up with this:

It was tough to see the pushback Derek Jeter received at a Marlins Town Hall in Miami. Jeter was skewered by fans for breaking up the Marlins’ core, dealing away Giancarlo Stanton, Marcell Ozuna, and Dee Gordon. And the sell-off isn’t over as center fielder Christian Yelich and catcher J.T. Realmuto are expected to go next.

I can’t think of anything more deserved. Maybe Nick can’t conceive of being held accountable.

jforb
    Participant

This is just an unpleasant game of football to watch. Jesus.

Questioning why I came home to watch.

chicowalker
    Participant

Bills punted 4th and 1 (from their 43) and 4th and 2 (from the 49) in the first half.  Meanwhile…

Coma
    Participant

This game has set back offensive football 40 years.

Scoring is down a point per game this season, TV ratings are down for the second year in row, but the NFL is not concerned. At all.

Humphrey
    Participant

How can you give up 89 (w/4 min left) yards rushing to a quarterback in the NFL…especially Bortles?

chicowalker
    Participant

It’s like watching Wisconsin salt a game vs Duluth. Jesus.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Just what you want – having to bring 5-interception Nathan Peterman in on 4th down to keep any hope alive.

Participant

Thoughts and Prayers to Jetes Nick – I wish that poor bastard could catch a break

Yahtzee
    Participant

Just what you want – having to bring 5-interception Nathan Peterman in on 4th down to keep any hope alive.

Nice call.

Gimp
    Participant

Of course Peterman ends it throwing a pick.  I feel dirty after watching that game.  I need a shower.

Beaker
    Participant

Two ex-Bills coaches win playoff games this weekend. Maybe Luke Russert goes to visit Timmy tonight.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

The two Bills QBs played to their profiles. Taylor tried but couldn’t sustain drives with his arm. Peterman came in and threw a pick.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

no mention of NFL Insider Dan Shaughnessy’s adroit reporting this morning? Here are the highlights:

— “Code Red”  — trying out a new (soon-to-be-worldwide) meme
    — “holy trinity of Patriots Nation” — in case you forgot, I went to Holy Cross
    — “Patriots troika” — but I’m still worldly wise
    — “fingerprints of Belichik’s operatives …”  — unnamed, of course
    — “The Hot Potato Blame Pie”  — my own invention, and a sure-to-be quoted Catch Phrase. Eddie who?
    — “We’ve been telling you…” “We’ve exposed…” — either I’ve caught Cafardo self-reference grandiosity disease or I have an imaginary friend. Or both.
    — “the hard feelings in Foxboro are real” — I offer no evidence, but why would anyone question my statements

And there you have it. I hope I saved you some time that can be better spent on the Bills.

Kind of a poor choice of hashtags after what looked like a concussion.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Nailbiter

Gimp
    Participant

Jesus even smart coaches like Peyton are fuggin retahded.

Go for it with a lead at 2 min? Nuts.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Ballsy blitz call.

Gimp
    Participant

Funchess should have caught that. He got a hand on it. Half assed effort.

Good game.

Humphrey
    Participant

Jesus even smart coaches like Peyton are fuggin retahded. Go for it with a lead at 2 min? Nuts.

They were lucky that the pass was intercepted and not dropped…cost the Panthers 20 yards.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar