Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/11/2018 Daily Discussion Thread

This topic contains 41 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Tom Pepper 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 42 posts - 1 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

Price, Price, Price, Price, Price.

Hitler/Stalin on Thursday Night Football.

Participant

Not sure, but I think he traced a Colts logo for the toilet seat here.

jforb
    Participant

How do you get the handle wrong?

chicowalker
    Participant

re: the HMSG gif posted yesterday of him missing the shot- my favorite part of that is not how badly he bricks a 4 foot turnaround, it’s the little wack-ass ball fake at the beginning (Jim Abbot would have stolen that). They are either playing HORSE, and he’s including some abortive dream shake to add a degree of difficulty to the move :lol: or he’s demonstrating how he plays in the post, wherein he both softly shows the ball to the right and then takes an off-balance not quite fadeaway not quite hook that would not be difficult for anyone with a decent left hand to send back to Greenwich where it belongs

“Abortive dream shake”  :lol:   :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

I remember Rick Robey had some kind of similar move where the ‘hook’ shot was more of an underhand scoop from 10 feet.

re: the HMSG gif posted yesterday of him missing the shot- my favorite part of that is not how badly he bricks a 4 foot turnaround, it’s the little wack-ass ball fake at the beginning (Jim Abbot would have stolen that). They are either playing HORSE, and he’s including some abortive dream shake to add a degree of difficulty to the move 😆 or he’s demonstrating how he plays in the post, wherein he both softly shows the ball to the right and then takes an off-balance not quite fadeaway not quite hook that would not be difficult for anyone with a decent left hand to send back to Greenwich where it belongs

I wanna write an oral history of Pinkberry’s Holy Cross two-on-two days, interviewing all the opponents saying he was full of shit, but not HMSG himself. I’d call it, “Bill Simmons Has a Coldsore”.

chicowalker
    Participant

:lol:o/u on how many fouls Simmons called in a 2-on-2 game to 11? 4.5?

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

No way a tank that small could flush a bowl that big.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I’m sure LJ spends an above average amount of time on a toilet yet he some how screws it up

Participant

“Cwaig, I’m still wowwied about the bullpen.” 9:04 AM Saturday – will pay $2.20

Lebron
    Participant

Forecast is getting colder for Sunday here, mid 20s and 90 percent chance for snow.  Maybe the Rams shrivel who knows.

Kevin
    Participant

Kevin
    Participant

I think that’s the most embarrassing Bill Simmons video online. Dean Wormer number of laughs in over two minutes.

Didn’t he have professional comedy writers on that show?

jforb
    Participant

I think that’s the most embarrassing Bill Simmons video online. Dean Wormer number of laughs in over two minutes.

Didn’t he have professional comedy writers on that show?

Wasn’t he employed as a comedy writer? And will Kimmel call that his biggest mistake?

chicowalker
    Participant

yikes. was that taped before the audience was seated?

chicowalker
    Participant

I get this vibe anytime I hear HMSG say things like “Give Theon his dick back”

Kevin
    Participant

yikes. was that taped before the audience was seated?

Was there an audience? I hope so. :lol:

You don’t even hear a rogue camera guy laughing. Your buddy got more laughs on open mic night.

jforb
    Participant

chicowalker
    Participant

:ohmy:I totally forgot about that.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Speaking of the Giants, has the general consensus finally arrived that except for some very brief spurts (mostly vs. the Pats) neither Eli or Flaco were ever elite QB’s.?

“Yeah, but he was funny in his Digital City days…”

God, he sucks.

Lebron
    Participant

Driving kids to school today heard that ‘big Pearl Jam fan Bill Simmons’ had a guest DJ gig on Pearl Jam radio.  Granted I find anything beyond Ten meh at best but I’d imagine he picks the 10 or so worst songs in his hour long spot and screws up references left and right.

chicowalker
    Participant

Simmons and Pearl Jam are perfect together. Remember the 90’s? :wub:

Participant

Driving kids to school today heard that ‘big Pearl Jam fan Bill Simmons’ had a guest DJ gig on Pearl Jam radio. Granted I find anything beyond Ten meh at best but I’d imagine he picks the 10 or so worst songs in his hour long spot and screws up references left and right.

Makes me feel better about throwing the sirius reactivation order right in the trash last night.

Participant

#TheBaseballPaper goes cherry picking regarding Gronk/Kelce

“Since the beginning of the 2014 season, Gronkowski has 271 receptions for 4,232 yards and 35 touchdowns, while Kelce has caught 335 passes for 4,307 yards and 25 touchdowns. That said, Gronkowski’s numbers come in 11 fewer games.”

Can’t go under fast enough

Lebron
    Participant

It’s been 35 degrees the last 2 days and the lawn service providers are out in force today.  What the fuck, the grass didn’t grow.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Been watching The Return. Hayward has his hands full with that wife. Always with the yappa yappa

Doncabesa
    Participant

Hot damn are the Bruins fun to wtach.

Lebron
    Participant

Giants should go back to these unis

Yahtzee
    Participant

Giants should go back to these unis

They’re about to go 1-5.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I’m sure LJ spends an above average amount of time on a toilet yet he some how screws it up

A toilet is one thing it would have actually made sense to trace.

So of course he freehands it.

Participant

The relentless fellating of Saquon is giving me an irrational dislike for him – it’s not his fault.

Joe Buck can choke on a bowl of everything.

Yahtzee
    Participant

That’s a terrible pass interference call.

Never mind – I’m on mute.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Yahtzee.

Kevin
    Participant

Wait, you can’t sling the QB to the ground? Where has this guy been?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Eli is beyond done. He’s a charred mass of flesh that dropped from the barbecue grill and into the coals for 20 minutes.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Eli is beyond done. He’s a charred mass of flesh that dropped from the barbecue grill and into the coals for 20 minutes.

But in a good way?

Participant

Missed 52 yaeder get another score and run these pricks out of their own building

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I was rooting for Barkley to be mediocre, but him being really good but the team sucking anyway might be just as fun.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

The hunt for failure in the Cubs’ disappointing season finale has found its prey: Hitting Coach Chili Davis.

Genius Joe can now march unimpeded into the 2019 World Series.

Wake up, Theo!

Coma
    Participant

Just saw a clip of Beckham Jr walking to the locker room while the offense was still on the field at the end of the 1st half. There was only one more play, but Moss (in MN) and Blount (in Pittsburgh) were vilified for doing something similar. I’m sure we’ll hear “It’s different” with Beckham, though.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

Just saw a clip of Beckham Jr walking to the locker room while the offense was still on the field at the end of the 1st half. There was only one more play, but Moss (in MN) and Blount (in Pittsburgh) were vilified for doing something similar. I’m sure we’ll hear “It’s different” with Beckham, though.

I’m sure Father Flanagan will have a talk with him.

Viewing 42 posts - 1 through 42 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar