Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/14 – 10/20 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 162 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 163 total)
  • Author

jforb
    Participant

Florio is up to 3 posts and counting on that picked up flag in the Chiefs game and I’m fairly sure he has the calls backwards. He says they called PI, changed it to holding, then picked up the flag. I thought it was they changed holding to PI because it was after the pass was thrown and then picked it up because it involved a player who was not the receiver. Anyone able to confirm?

Lebron
    Participant

That idiot Nick Wright couldn’t figure out that on the Beckham catch he got his elbow down meaning he was in bounds and it was a good catch.  He didn’t know that one knee or one elbow equate to getting both feet in bounds.  What the fuck how do you have national tv and radio shows?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Participant

Florio is up to 3 posts and counting on that picked up flag in the Chiefs game and I’m fairly sure he has the calls backwards. He says they called PI, changed it to holding, then picked up the flag. I thought it was they changed holding to PI because it was after the pass was thrown and then picked it up because it involved a player who was not the receiver. Anyone able to confirm?

Gonna email Pete and ask him if this is a “Fairness Bowl” tiebreaker.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

The season after the Pats/Falcons Super Bowl, so many teams were using the WR screen that Amendola scored the 2pt conversion with, I joked that Josh McDaniels should be charging other offensive coordinators royalties whenever it happens. I actually found that post on Patsfans from October 2018. Now with that play failing for the Dolphins in the tying 2pt attempt, everyone has forgotten that play and has no idea what it was supposed to do.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

If Green had played for the Red Sox, the Sox would be trying to get the steel plate from his head to sell as souvenirs.

According to Green’s speech at the Manitoba Sports Hall of Fame, his pro-Canadiens brain surgeon wrote “Go, Habs, go!” on his plastic (not steel) plate, then told Green about it afterwards. :lol:

2 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

That idiot Nick Wright couldn’t figure out that on the Beckham catch he got his elbow down meaning he was in bounds and it was a good catch. He didn’t know that one knee or one elbow equate to getting both feet in bounds. What the fuck how do you have national tv and radio shows?

John Madden wrote “One Knee Equals Two Feet” in 1986. Wright isn’t on TV because of his knowledge or looks. Is he related to someone famous, because, otherwise, there’s no reason for him to be there.

Lefty

Old news, but the MNF announcers make the game difficult to watch.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

And the Lions just ran that same goal line screen. Short, but still.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Packers are suddenly awful as well. 164 yards passing for Stafford in the first quarter. Game should be 21-0 already.

Lebron
    Participant

I’d rather have Joe Theismann analyze the game than Anthony McFarland.

Lefty

And Tessitore is just ESPN’s Meterperel.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Flowers has never been called for a hands to the face penalty and he gets called for two tonight in theb2nd half that weren’t penalties and both extended Packer drives to give them the win.  This is WWF level.

BrianInLA
    Participant

At least the announcers are calling out the refs for both the bad calls and the timing.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Flowers has never been called for a hands to the face penalty and he gets called for two tonight in theb2nd half that weren’t penalties and both extended Packer drives to give them the win. This is WWF level.

And I thought on the second one, the tackle had his hand on Flowers’ face mask. Disgraceful.

Lefty

Packers tackle was throwing his head back to draw calls and it worked must watch a lot of Canadiens games.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

Packers tackle was throwing his head back to draw calls and it worked must watch a lot of Canadiens games.

I’m pretty sure one of Rodgers’ famous Hail Mary, game winning TD passes happened because the Lions were called for a face mask penalty on Rodgers that replay showed never occurred. Like tonight, the defender’s hand hit his shoulder, but Rodgers sold it like he’d been hit in the face.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Waking up to universal hatred of LeBron is glorious.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Ten Years Ago Today:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

6 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

Ten Years Ago Today:

I saw one of the stories last week about this and actually set a reminder to quote the every parents worst nightmare post almost to the minute.

chicowalker
    Participant

hard to tamp down conspiracy theories about the NFL after last night.  Conveniently enough GBs fg didn’t give them the cover or the over (a TD would have got both) and, just a guess based on history, the majority of public money would have been on GB/over.  Such a shitshow.  Been said before by many here, including myself, but after BB/Brady go, I’m DUN

Participant

After going off on the refs last night, Anthony had better be careful or they’ll disappear him.

Coma
    Participant

I was going to post a conspiracy theory last night that Al Riveron did what the league wanted during deflategate and was rewarded with Blandino’s job when he left. Then, Riveron became pissed off when the league had Troy Vincent sit with him for SB52 and interpret the catch rule differently than he had all season. Now, he’s just messing things up to screw with the league for over-managing him.

This morning, I realized a more likely theory is that Al Riveron did what the league wanted during deflategate and was rewarded with Blandino’s job when he left. Riveron is messing things up now because he’s incompetent.

Lebron
    Participant

And of course Clete ‘there’s no pass interference, game over’ Blakeman was at the helm.  Couldn’t have orchestrated it better.

Lebron
    Participant

After going off on the refs last night, Anthony had better be careful or they’ll disappear him.

He did a good job with that part of it, Parry couldn’t ‘uh well uh see he’s kinda sorta in the area of the face so uh maybe uh that’s what they saw uh eh which is totally uh eh understandable’ his way out of it.  Rat Pack Tess sounded like he was ready for his 4th or 5th Jack Daniels neat.

Participant

And Tessitore is just ESPN’s Meterperel.

Is Meter still broadcasting KHL games on that bein channel?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar