Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/14 – 10/20 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I see that Harry is practicing today. Does that mean he’s officially taken one of the two ‘Return from IR’ spots or is that slot only gone once the player has been added to the active roster?

Lebron
    Participant

Waking up to universal hatred of LeBron is glorious.

Was probably tweeting his thoughts from a bath tub full of 1,000 Mao RMD notes.

Participant

I was wondering what he was reading here….

Optimo • BOOKS

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Lefty

So, apparently integrity filled man of God Troy Vincent has apologized to the Lions for one of the hands to the face calls last night.

I am sure that makes everything all better.

Lefty

Pats just suspended Michael Bennett for a week for “conduct detrimental.”

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

He had a beef with his position coach; Bielema, I presume. He apologized, but I’m sure someone like Gerry Callahan would see right through that, amirite?

Coma
    Participant

Maybe the team should have sold him on his playing time like this: “Think of the first half of the season like an extended preseason for you. The Redskins? The Dolphins? We’re going to kill those guys. Stay in shape, stay engaged, but don’t worry about your playing time. We want you fresh to go berserk in the second half of the season and playoffs.”

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lefty

I mean, they have a room for “getting “ people in, right?   Couldn’t they have just left Bennett in there until they needed him?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I see that Harry is practicing today. Does that mean he’s officially taken one of the two ‘Return from IR’ spots or is that slot only gone once the player has been added to the active roster?

Yes, even if he has a setback that slot is taken.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Former Jaguars’ CB Jalen Ramsey is being traded to the LA Rams for two first-round picks in 2020 and 2021, and a fourth-round pick in 2021, source tells ESPN.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I consider that insane.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Talib also to IR and Peters traded to the Ravens.

Lefty

That is an insane trade.  The Rams problem is not their secondary.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Local media killing them (for now. they will drink the cool aid by tomorrow) saying “Does this team seem like its one superstar DB away from a Super Bowl right now?”

The $90m RB has an arthritic knee and the $100m QB has turned back into his former, Jeff Fisher coached, self.  Probably wont need those draft picks anytime soon anyway as there is no money left to give anyone.

Lebron
    Participant

Snead must think this is fantasy or regularly lights cash on fire as a hobby.  What the fuck.  Somewhere Tanny and Felger nod and repeat cal is crap.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    jforb
    Participant

Good job, good effort Cardinals

Participant

“The Curse of Chris Correa” 

Coma
    Participant

Good job, good effort Cardinals

It’s kind of nice to see a team that could never get beyond the Divisional Series with Bryce Harper get to the World Series as soon as he leaves. Of course, seeing Volin tweet “So much Natitude” ruins everything.

Turd Furguson
    Participant

Guess that means HSMG will be dusting off another Ewing theory column.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Already has been doing the Ewing theory nonstop on his podcasts because of this Nats run.

He also invented Vegas in case you were not aware.

jforb
    Participant

Florio:

The Patriots could basically give him away for far less than he’s worth in order to get him out of the conference, like they did when they got only a second-round pick for Jimmy Garoppolo in 2017.

How many times has this been debunked?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Happy the Nats won.

Lebron
    Participant

Nice work by the Cardinals and Yankees today

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Granted this is two franchises and a different league later, but it’s been 86 years since Washington has been in a World Series. For God’s sake, no one tell  that to Joe Buck. :blink:

Another fun fact: the official name of the 1933 American League team that represented D.C. in the Series was the Washington Nationals. :ohmy:

Missed the game last night.  Did the Cardinals lose the right way?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Just saw the highlights of NLCS Game 4.  Wow … Colton Wong sure shows up in those big games, eh? :dry:

On the other hand, the fans-dressing-as-baby-shark BS gets tired very quickly.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 163 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar