Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/14 – 10/20 Weekly Thread

This topic contains 162 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 163 total)
  • Author

Participant

Bravo Kid Gas for stringing together words that begin with the same letter – when John Henry dumps your narrow ass – a job at the Channel 7 Graphics department awaits.

breathless Brady breakdowns…  retreads, rookies, reclamation projects…. Patriots propagandists point….

1 user thanked author for this post.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Even that had a tinge of exigency over erudition.

:lol: how did an editor allow that sentence.

Reading those clips take about having it both ways. The Pats only bring in retreads (which is something they’ve always done). Oh they spent a high pick, well, that really doesn’t count.

Just awful. I wonder if BHolmes left the name of the person that put him in his sports coma.

Participant

Knew they’d be down but 23%?

The sport’s blue-blood franchises had rough years in terms of ratings, as the Boston Red Sox (down 23%), New York Yankees (down 17%) and Cardinals (down 10%) all posted double digit declines”

Big Fat O
    Participant

Felger spent time today with the other two dummies going through how the Pats can’t draft can’t get receivers, etc. After all of this they concluded BB is a pretty good GM.

BB has plenty of misses but if you never heard of the NFL and tuned in to them you would think they were the worst team in the league.

Kid Gas in another wretched column uses the same theory listing all of the busts. Without comparing the Pats drafts to other teams it has no context so it seems like all of the other teams hit on all there drafts.

How many elite receivers are at the 30th position, none. Some teams are lucky but Julio Jones and the like aren’t there. So the Pats either have to trade for one or sign on as a FA. Should the Pats pay 20 to 30 mil on an elite receiver? If they could draft one great but they would need to suck or trade a ton picks to move up.

It just shows that none of these guys have any concept on team building, but hot takez reign supreme. It sounds bad but I’d love to see all of the teams suck and see how the ratings are. I don’t wish it as a fan but it would be nice to see. No one cares when you suck.

Lebron
    Participant

NHL is so much better without having that shithead Maguire screaming “Doc!” every 5 seconds.

Lebron
    Participant

That DeAndre Hopkins story with his mother is rough.

Lebron
    Participant

Was going through the Rams trades/first round picks with a buddy yesterday and today. I didn’t realize how much they gave up for Goff.  Rams got the 1, 113 and 177 in the 2016 draft for the 15, 43, 45, 76 in the 2016 draft then a first and third the following year which turned into the 5 and 100.  Haven’t run down the players yet but christ they burn picks.

Lebron
    Participant

Demaryius Thomas calls his time with the Patriots a waste yet no one would sign him at the time and now he’s on an NFL team.  Yeah, total waste.

Lefty

Demaryius Thomas calls his time with the Patriots a waste yet no one would sign him at the time and now he’s on an NFL team. Yeah, total waste.

Yet, if he gets arrested, the press will still identify him as “Former Patriot Demaryius Thomas.”

7 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

Was going through the Rams trades/first round picks with a buddy yesterday and today. I didn’t realize how much they gave up for Goff. Rams got the 1, 113 and 177 in the 2016 draft for the 15, 43, 45, 76 in the 2016 draft then a first and third the following year which turned into the 5 and 100. Haven’t run down the players yet but christ they burn picks.

I remember Peter King was happy to relate that GM Les Snead had a message on a white board in his office stating “Build to dominate using Redskin picks!” after the trade that allowed Washington to draft Robert Griffin III. That statement would imply that the Rams understood the value getting a haul of draft picks from a team that wanted to move to the top of the draft and that they wouldn’t want to be the Redskins in that situation. Since then, they’ve made similar trades twice. They did reach a Super Bowl last year, but who knows what their roster will look like next year with all of the big salaries they’ll have.

On a PK note, I’m sure if a different team had a similar message in their headquarters, it would be a violation of the unwrittens and a classless move. But since Les Snead and good guy Jeff Fisher were involved, it’s all in good fun.

2 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

Christ I thought under 49.5 was reasonable. Chiefs just committed to winning every game 35-31. Commit more penalties

chicowalker
    Participant

:ohmy: Jesus Christ

chicowalker
    Participant

:lol:

Lefty

So, these plays Mahomes is missing while hurt; will he get to make them up later?  You know, so it is fair?

5 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Twitter Dr.,

Tuesday’s this fall on the WB.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

maybe killing Mahomes can get Thursday night football killed.

4 users thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Madden Curse.

BrianInLA
    Participant

System QB

BrianInLA
    Participant

Jumpball Joe may die in this game.

Lebron
    Participant

Garrett Bolles might be the worst starting left tackle in the 100 year history of the league.  My mother in law would be better, definitely has the size.

Lebron
    Participant

Twitter Dr.,

Tuesday’s this fall on the WB.

Unreal what these assholes post.  It’s a dislocated patella.  Could be a brace.  Could be surgery.  Could be a week.  Could be the season.  He could live.  He could die.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Fox just went with Joy Division into commercial break probably figure no one is watching

Lefty

Pete is in NYC, where he lives, tapping out a column on the tragedy of Mahomes v Rodgers not happening next week.  He’ll either conclude with “the league needs  the Chiefs to meet the Packers in the super Bowl” or with a demand to change the scheduling system (that he does not understand) to make the teams play sooner.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Yankees look like the Bad News Bears.

Humphrey
    Participant

I liked when they posted the photos of the 3 men who made their NFL head coaching debuts after age 60. Fangio, Bud Wilkinson and Rod Rust.

Two one-and-dones going on three.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar