Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/14 – 10/20 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    Participant

This type of insight costs $6 at a newstand/store on a Sunday.

Time-tested Pats philosophy works again. Whenever they don’t play, they gain. SunTzu (the art of war): “if you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by.” Mahomes gone. Path clear. No resistance. Pats get a bye to the Super Bowl. Again. #tooeasy

1 user thanked author for this post.
    jforb
    Participant

Haven’t checked in on the Globe intern pick pool yet, but wow are they bad this year. How do you miss every one of your best bets?

JIM MCBRIDE	NORA PRINCIOTTI	TARA SULLIVAN	SCOTT THURSTON	BEN VOLIN
    LAST WEEK	7-7	10-4	8-6	7-7	8-6
    SEASON	41-49-2	44-46-2	47-43-2	43-47-2	47-43-2
    BEST BETS	2-4	1-5	2-4	0-5-1	2-4
    Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

It’s almost is if they don’t know a god damn thing and are making everything thing up based upon the last think they said or heard. Almost.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Suzy
    Participant

This type of insight costs $6 at a newstand/store on a Sunday.

Time-tested Pats philosophy works again. Whenever they don’t play, they gain. SunTzu (the art of war): “if you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by.” Mahomes gone. Path clear. No resistance. Pats get a bye to the Super Bowl. Again. #tooeasy

Caught ESPN radio this morning just long enough to hear one of them refer to “Hall of famer Patrick Mahomes” in a passing reference.

Yahtzee
    Participant

It’s almost is if they don’t know a god damn thing and are making everything thing up based upon the last think they said or heard. Almost.

Sounds like my football picks lately.

Participant

Who was doing the walking?

SAN DIEGO (AP) — A woman living in a van in San Diego with her pet rats has agreed to give them up — all 300 of them.

chicowalker
    Participant

Flags are half-mast at the Ringer for Mahomes’ and Zion’s knees.  If Bachelor in Paradise or whatever the fuck gets cancelled Simmons’ might have a skinny-jeaned bearded bespectacled Jonestown on his hands

Lebron
    Participant

Forget about baseball, the Mahomes people have stolen the fagola crown.  Jesus H.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Brady performs 10,000 QB sneaks. No injuries.

Mahomes hurts knee on a QB sneak. “WHYYYYUY WOULD THEY PUT HIM AT RISK LIKE THAT??!!!!”

Participant

Larry And Cwaig are projecting their feelings about being moved to AM on BILLTHEGM

Doncabesa
    Participant

This Brady story with the massage parlor (that’s actually a front for a DNA clinic) is going to drive me insane, I can tell already.  Every asshole I hate is parroting the same “this is a huge story!” line.

Doncabesa
    Participant

And the truth comes out that it was a green screen and wasn’t supposed to be a massage parlor.  The writer is a Jets fan and took the cheap shot, and now Brady is pissed.  I’m sure that part will get as much coverage as the bs narrative already has…

Coma
    Participant

And the truth comes out that it was a green screen and wasn’t supposed to be a massage parlor. The writer is a Jets fan and took the cheap shot, and now Brady is pissed. I’m sure that part will get as much coverage as the bs narrative already has…

Someone mentioned last week that it would be great to sit with Brady and to listen to some sports talk radio just to get his take on how much unsubstantiated BS is thrown around. I imagine it would be a lot of me saying “That’s all crap, right?” and Brady slowly nodding his head and looking a little depressed. When he retires, I will not blame Brady at all if he keeps a very low profile. If he does do an interview, it will be with a friendly media member, like Jim Gray, and everyone else will be shut out.

Lebron
    Participant

Twitter is predictably aflame with this story.  I can’t be bothered to even find out what it’s all about

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Big Fat O
    Participant

Brady and BB have way to much class to air the dirty laundry in a book but it would be awesome. BB needs to write it and lock it up until he’s gone and then publish it.

jforb
    Participant

Twitter is predictably aflame with this story. I can’t be bothered to even find out what it’s all about

Yep, saw the post here and said glad I’m out and about and not looking at any news today.

Lebron
    Participant

Had no faith in Osuna to finish it pretty sure that Bradley grand slam from last ALCS is still flying

Yahtzee
    Participant

Had no faith in Osuna to finish it pretty sure that Bradley grand slam from last ALCS is still flying

That was unfortunate.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Nice!!!

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Yep! Fuck New York. The Sox were a shitshow this year, but at least they cashed in their ticket last year.

Big Fat O
    Participant

When’s EGAs Yankee elimination party?

BrianInLA
    Participant

Pats are now 5/9 to win the entire AFC. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything even remotely close to that by week 7.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Nice!!!

Chapman’s reaction on the mound was one of the greatest reactions I’ve seen. Naturally Yankee fans are all up in arms that he was smiling. I’m pretty sure the guy was in complete shock and couldn’t move. Chapman doesn’t even move until Altuve is rounding third. He passes by him and could have clotheslined him as he walked by.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  BrianInLA.
    jforb
    Participant

When’s EGAs Yankee elimination party?

Just heard Fitzy or whatever the hell he is on aaf say he enjoyed last night as much as game 7 in 2004. :weei:

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

The Yanks’ demise will force Francesa to talk about the Giants, Jets and their badness about three weeks earlier than he wanted to.  APPROVE!!

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 163 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar