Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10-16-2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 79 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Claude45 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 51 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Belichick to Larry Johnson and other assorted c*ntos earlier today:

“You do what you do each week to try to win,” Belichick said in a conference call Monday after grinding out a 24-17 win against the Jets Sunday. “Put in the plays, make the adjustments, don’t want to overload things, and nobody’s talking about putting in a new offense every week. That’s not it at all.

“Are there some modifications you can make? Sure. As you rep them and use them and those situations come up again, maybe you fall back to that same type of scheme but to think realistically — which is incomprehensible to me, but I don’t know, maybe I just can’t figure it out — but it’s incomprehensible to me that anyone can think a team that practiced for six months and played 19 regular-season and postseason games and triple-digit practices, five months later, after not playing a game and having a fraction of that type of experience, can be anywhere close to the level of execution they were five months before that after all the things I just listed. It’s impossible in my view. 

“Each year, you start over, start that process all over again, and build your team throughout the course of the year, through practice repetition, through preseason to regular-season games, to evolving your scheme and that’s why each year is different and unique.

Hacksaw
    Participant

“You do what you do each week to try to win,” Belichick said in a conference call Monday after grinding out a 24-17 win against the Jets Sunday. “Put in the plays, make the adjustments, don’t want to overload things, and nobody’s talking about putting in a new offense every week. That’s not it at all.

“Are there some modifications you can make? Sure. As you rep them and use them and those situations come up again, maybe you fall back to that same type of scheme but to think realistically — which is incomprehensible to me, but I don’t know, maybe I just can’t figure it out — but it’s incomprehensible to me that anyone can think a team that practiced for six months and played 19 regular-season and postseason games and triple-digit practices, five months later, after not playing a game and having a fraction of that type of experience, can be anywhere close to the level of execution they were five months before that after all the things I just listed. It’s impossible in my view.

“Each year, you start over, start that process all over again, and build your team throughout the course of the year, through practice repetition, through preseason to regular-season games, to evolving your scheme and that’s why each year is different and unique.

Great answer.

Also I think it would be a great idea in a train wreck way  to send LJ down to Foxboro to ask the coach questions….

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Hacksaw.

InThisTown
    Participant

An online retailer has pulled a costume from its website that depicted Holocaust victim Anne Frank.

A little edgy, not really my thing.

Nick B
    Participant

Great answer. Also I think it would be a great idea in a train wreck way to send LJ down to Foxboro to ask the coach questions….

Why? You already have Burton. One idiot is enough.  :smile:

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

What about the costume would make it clear to a casual observer that it was Anne Frank? She hid in an attic, wrote a diary and got gassed by the Nazi’s. None of those scream Halloween costume. Plus she was a kid an only a complete Psycho would dress their kid up like Anne Frank unless your going to be the whole Frank Family. :wag:

Nick B
    Participant

What about the costume would make it clear to a casual observer that it was Anne Frank? She hid in an attic, wrote a diary and got gassed by the Nazi’s. None of those scream Halloween costume. Plus she was a kid an only a complete Psycho would dress their kid up like Anne Frank unless your going to be the whole Frank Family. :wag:

Like Larry Johnson would do, you label the sleeve or add her name to the diary.  :lol:

Coma
    Participant

An online retailer has pulled a costume from its website that depicted Holocaust victim Anne Frank.

I hope PK was able to get his order in before it was pulled.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

The words “Anne Frank” scribbled across the arm. It’s from the Larry Johnson Collection.

Edit: Didn’t see Nick B already said this.

jforb
    Participant

That’s not a bad idea for a BSMW Halloween party, everyone just writes their names on their sleeves. Weird ass feet and hands optional.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I’m in! I’ll dress up as that fucked up mosquito from the Rio Olympics Cartoons.

Suzy
    Participant

I can’t recall exactly what he said…something like he wasn’t “feeling” it, right?! :pk:   He was “disappointed” in the AF experience.  

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I can’t recall exactly what he said…something like he wasn’t “feeling” it, right?! :pk: He was “disappointed” in the AF experience.

Yeah, the rollercoaster was pretty tame.

Suzy
    Participant

Found it. Good God I’d almost forgotten how fucking clueless and insensitive it is. I did laugh at the writer a few times, who’s clearly appalled: WHY ISN’T THERE A LITTLE GIRL COWERING IN THE CORNER AND CLUTCHING A DOLL? 

Also had the opportunity to see the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam Friday. It was a bit of a disappointment.

WHERE ARE ALL THE DEAD JEWS?!

There was no context.

WHY IS THIS HOUSE BEING SHOWN TO ME IN THE YEAR 2010, A YEAR OF RELATIVE PEACE IN EUROPE? THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT CONTEXT FOR ME TO VISIT IT.

No real attempt to show the place exactly as it was.

WHY ISN’T THERE A LITTLE GIRL COWERING IN THE CORNER AND CLUTCHING A DOLL?

There were lots of signs, no furniture, short videos and never a sense of what it was like to live there.

WHY WON’T THEY STUFF ME IN A TRAP DOOR AND HAVE NAZIS PURSUE ME AND MY LOVED ONES?!

And, frankly (pun intended),

Oh, sweet fucking Jesus.

…no moment of terrible sadness and grief for her like you feel when you read her diary. I kept trying to understand what it was really like but could never feel it.

And there was NOWHERE in that house to get a decent cup of coffee. Anne Frank House, you got a looong way to go before you measure up to Peet’s. Better coffee. More dead Jews. GET ON IT.

chicowalker
    Participant

Also had the opportunity to see the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam Friday. It was a bit of a disappointment.

WHERE ARE ALL THE DEAD JEWS?!

There was no context.

No real attempt to show the place exactly as it was.

There were lots of signs, no furniture, short videos and never a sense of what it was like to live there.

And, frankly (pun intended),

…no moment of terrible sadness and grief for her like you feel when you read her diary. I kept trying to understand what it was really like but could never feel it.

Magary commentary edited out

chicowalker
    Participant

Et tu, Suzy? :ohmy:   :pk:   :-(

Suzy
    Participant

Whoa, hold on…just read more of the column and while the PK stuff is ok, the writer is a dumb cunt about more important things.  :dry:

Suzy
    Participant

Et tu, Suzy? :ohmy: :pk: 🙁

Sorry, Cheeks. I’m an idiot.

When I got to the BB stuff I realized I should have read the whole thing before posting.  :ozzy:

Claude45
    Participant

I just saw an article about this but it was impressive that Butler knew the rule in that moment and immediately turned to the ref for the call. The Pats have not always looked as prepared this year as usual but it’s just impressive to watch this team week in and week out.

InThisTown
    Participant

I just saw an article about this but it was impressive that Butler knew the rule in that moment and immediately turned to the ref for the call. The Pats have not always looked as prepared this year as usual but it’s just impressive to watch this team week in and week out.

Maz doesn’t believe he knew the rule.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Was it Cooks who said he didn’t know that was a rule?

Claude45
    Participant

I listened to the post game show on Patriots.com this morning and wow it’s really something. I would love to drop someone in with no background and ask them what they thought about the Pats after listening to that show. 1-5 is the only conclusion you can make. I couldn’t stop listening. I was waiting for someone to provide a glimmer of hope but it never really happened. They shit all over everybody, including that Brady has not played all that well, and then throw a small caveat that it’s possible to turn it around but unlikely. How anyone in the world can call that Sunshine.com is beyond me. They are so miserable and negative I can’t understand what they are doing over there. Big Jim Worry is AWFUL. His default setting is waist deep shoe peeing. He’s supposed to represent “the big fan” and unfortunately I guess he does. They make picks against the spread and the record is awful.

The Pats may prove not be good enough to win it all this year but it’s not quite as bleak as Big Jim, Jumbo and Perillo will lead you to believe. All these experts who expect me to accept their roster evaluations when they said it was a cake walk and 16-0 is in play.  Now I’m expected to accept their roster evaluations that the Pats are doomed.

Lebron
    Participant

LeBron James and Dwyane Wade sit down with Rachel Nichols as they talk about spending habits and hairlines.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I’m in! I’ll dress up as that fucked up mosquito from the Rio Olympics Cartoons.

I can’t decide between ‘Manny Ramirez as a dog’ and ‘green recliner’.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

BrianInLA
    Participant

I never knew Youkilis owned a beer company in northern California. He instantly moves up into the my top 3 favorite Sox of all time.

Kevin YoukilisVerified account

@KYouk_2036

Owner of Loma Brewing Company . Used to hate the funky hops in baseball but love the Hops in craft beer!

Claude45
    Participant

How many times can you bring up avacado ice cream and Brady’s diet? Hey assholes, it’s not original. It’s not funny. It’s not fresh. Move the fuck on.

InThisTown
    Participant

– an Orb

– Ainge and someone else goes alongside as the exploded cigar

– a Getty Images watermark

BSF34
    Participant

– an Orb – Ainge and someone else goes alongside as the exploded cigar – a Getty Images watermark

– Random, floating hair

-Chin drool

Wait, what?

Big Fat O
    Participant

I listened to the post game show on Patriots.com this morning and wow it’s really something. I would love to drop someone in with no background and ask them what they thought about the Pats after listening to that show. 1-5 is the only conclusion you can make. I couldn’t stop listening. I was waiting for someone to provide a glimmer of hope but it never really happened. They shit all over everybody, including that Brady has not played all that well, and then throw a small caveat that it’s possible to turn it around but unlikely. How anyone in the world can call that Sunshine.com is beyond me. They are so miserable and negative I can’t understand what they are doing over there. Big Jim Worry is AWFUL. His default setting is waist deep shoe peeing. He’s supposed to represent “the big fan” and unfortunately I guess he does. They make picks against the spread and the record is awful. The Pats may prove not be good enough to win it all this year but it’s not quite as bleak as Big Jim, Jumbo and Perillo will lead you to believe. All these experts who expect me to accept their roster evaluations when they said it was a cake walk and 16-0 is in play. Now I’m expected to accept their roster evaluations that the Pats are doomed.

This is the state of the media in this town. Pitino was way ahead of his time when he called Boston the fellowship of the miserable.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Updated super bowl odds

NE 5/1

KC, Phi, Pit 10/1

Sea 12/1

Atl 15/1

Claude45
    Participant

Maz doesn’t believe he knew the rule.

Mazz is literally worthless. If he disappeared from the face of the earth, no one would miss that miserable troll. Really nice guy though, the best.

Viewing 30 posts - 51 through 80 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar