Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/17/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 88 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  BrianInLA 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 89 total)
  • Author

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Contain the opposition?  :dry:

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Let’s just go ahead and earmark that post. Maybe a tag of Catfish Steph Curry?  I think we’re going to want it down the road.

Participant

Was half expecting Pedroia to pop out in that Dodgers-Brewers scuffle saying hey the Brewers are acting on their own here I got nothing to do with it.

Not that it matters, but has anyone from the BBWAA ever asked Dustin his whereabouts during the chicken and beer days of ’11?

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I don’t know what’s more amazing. There’s a chicken place in Rhodey serving catfish, that Chico wants said catfish, that apparently there has been a run on said chicken outlet catfish in multiple previous stops, or that Chico chucked his way into the very catfish.

Frankly, I find the whole matter distasteful.

Coma
    Participant

Contain the opposition? :dry:

What makes Mazz’ comments particularly useless is that if the Patriots and Red Sox won comfortably, he’d be saying “They’ve shown they can blow teams out, but what happens in a close game? Can they win a rock fight kind of game? They haven’t shown that and if they run into that situation, I think they’ll lose.”

Coma
    Participant

I got my goddamned catfish 🙂

Has the cadence of “We delivered the bomb”

Would Quint use an emoticon, though?

jforb
    Participant

That’s just the catfish.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Also Chico, that story belongs to Peterman now.

Beaker
    Participant

Derek Anderson  :lol:   JFC, here’s ten bucks if you knew he was still getting a check

chicowalker
    Participant

I don’t know what’s more amazing. There’s a chicken place in Rhodey serving catfish, that Chico wants said catfish, that apparently there has been a run on said chicken outlet catfish in multiple previous stops, or that Chico chucked his way into the very catfish.

:lol: it’s as hipster as you’d imagine, and it was fantastic.  I lived in this neighborhood for years, before this was there. if it had been I’d be 3 bills and broke as hell

http://www.bucktownpvd.com/

Lebron
    Participant

Chico got catfished as the sandwich was carp.

chicowalker
    Participant

My consolation prize would have been (as it always has been) a delicious 4 piece and fries, so clearly first world problems

Lebron
    Participant

Derek Anderson 😆 JFC, here’s ten bucks if you knew he was still getting a check

I heard they signed him last week, but had the same reaction.  Supposedly the Bills players would stab McDermott if he started Nathan Peterman.

I think I’ve mentioned before, I’d love to be able to see all our simultaneous pickup games, witness the variations in competition, and find out what percentage of us are just bullSimmonsing about our alleged abilities. I for one successfully executed a “behind the back” just the other day.

I got added to an email distribution list for over-40 pickup games Wednesday nights. Here I am thinking I’ve been playing regularly against twenty- and thirty-somethings, I should dominate. I go in last week, and it’s mostly guys I’ve been playing against the last ten years.

Anyway, unlike Chico, I delivered no bombs.

Lebron
    Participant

Didn’t know Kershaw has an out clause at the end of the year.  Still has 2 years and almost $70 million he’d be walking away from, at age 30, so he’d still get another crack at a contract.  Meanwhile Price has 4 years and $127 million left at age 33.  I’d eat Chico’s carp sandwich if he walks from that.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Derek Anderson 😆 JFC, here’s ten bucks if you knew he was still getting a check

I heard they signed him last week, but had the same reaction. Supposedly the Bills players would stab McDermott if he started Nathan Peterman.

His own “leadership council “ or whatever have said as much. Kyle Williams, Lorenzo Alexander etc.

I’d rather MCDermott starts himself over Peterman.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Was General Sherman supposed to be a Catfish?

chicowalker
    Participant

I think I’ve mentioned before, I’d love to be able to see all our simultaneous pickup games, witness the variations in competition, and find out what percentage of us are just bullSimmonsing about our alleged abilities. I for one successfully executed a “behind the back” just the other day.

I got added to an email distribution list for over-40 pickup games Wednesday nights. Here I am thinking I’ve been playing regularly against twenty- and thirty-somethings, I should dominate. I go in last week, and it’s mostly guys I’ve been playing against the last ten years.

Anyway, unlike Chico, I delivered no bombs.

I’ve had to explain this to friends who don’t play/don’t play any longer.  I’m pretty good, relatively.  The best way I can describe my game(s) are- guys know how to play, nobody clearly awful, average age 35-40 (range 25-60) also no 6’8″ 22 year old dudes just physically laying waste to people.  a couple of years ago I was playing in a game that had multiple guys 5-10 years removed from playing D2 ball, and I dutifully set picks, crashed the glass, and conceded jump shots for fear that any closing out would result in my guy dusting me on the way to an easy layup

Lebron
    Participant

I can’t dribble for shit anymore, the amount of times I mishandle the ball in the driveway is astronomical, particularly on any kind of gather.  I just fuck the whole thing up.  But I dunk on 10 year olds to feel better – keeping the hoop at 7.5 feet just to be safe.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

LeBron gives no quarter

chicowalker
    Participant

Take that weak shit back to recess, Cayden!

jforb
    Participant

Oof

Sources told Wickersham the Chargers plan to revise their revenue goals from $400 million to $150 million, a reflection of the difficulty of selling PSLs for two teams to a market that did without football for two decades.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Oof

Sources told Wickersham the Chargers plan to revise their revenue goals from $400 million to $150 million, a reflection of the difficulty of selling PSLs for two teams to a market that did without football for two decades.

This is exactly why the Rams are going all in, I can’t believe anyone is surprised. They’ve had home games with the Raiders and Niners where Chargers fans couldn’t have been more than 30-40% of paid attendance.

Lebron
    Participant

Not all the time, just when I need a confidence booster. But I actually push both boys to shoot on 10 foot hoops as they youngest is now in a 10 foot high league.  Older kid has to work on free throws because 10 year olds hack a lot.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I wonder how the Rams are doing revenue wise? Yet another step into turning the Chargers into the LA Jets/Mets.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar