Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/17/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 88 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  BrianInLA 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 89 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

Broncos had something like 12k no-shows last Sunday, hysterical.  As much as I hate those dickfaces and their entire dickface fan base, they turn out regardless.  That’s a gigantic fuck you to Horseface and the shit product they’re putting on the field.  I’m hoping against hope they lose to the Cardinals on Thursday, that way any remaining fans who haven’t killed themselves already will do so, and ski traffic drastically improves.

Participant

Roger does it again

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Roger does it again

Should I know what this means?

Lebron
    Participant

So baseball’s conclusion was the Astros were just making sure no one else was cheating?  The fuck?

jforb
    Participant

Roger does it again

Should I know what this means?

Presumably about the Chargers.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I ride the afternoon train back with the BC High kids who are quickly turning me into Ben Stern.

“Shut up!!  Sit down!!!”

TJM
    Participant

Taz is hilarious but he is such a Pats hater probably because he was a Jets fan until a few years ago when he got sick of losing an switched………………To the Bills. The Pats have been damaging him for decades. I do miss his wrestling podcast though the jump to sports in the morning with moose ended it

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Taz and the Moose is real?

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Coma
    Participant

Taz and the Moose is real?

I didn’t realize until TJM’s post that Taz was the “Survive if I let you” Taz from ECW. I figured it was a Houston based show and that’s why Mazz was on, bad mouthing the Red Sox and Patriots. After looking it up, Taz and former WFAN guy Marc Malusis (the Moose) have a show on CBS radio.

Coma
    Participant

So baseball’s conclusion was the Astros were just making sure no one else was cheating? The fuck?

“I was filming your dugout and texting my findings back to my team to make sure you weren’t spying on us.”

That’s crazy and bold enough that it might not be a lie. The whole issue has been resolved in about 18 hours without it becoming a sideshow. Goodell must have heard the latest news and started panicking – “Did I black out? What day is it? Did I miss Thanksgiving?”

Hacksaw
    Participant

Brewers took out Miley after the first batter and brought in a right hander just to mess with the Dodgers line up.

Ironhead
    Participant

I love it.  Counsell’s a smart, innovative dude.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Taz and the Moose comin’ atya. Time check 13 minutes after the hour, we’ve got traffic on the 4s coming up, a Twofer Tuesday of Bob Segar and coming up in the next segment Mandi was live at the West Bumfuck premier of the new Kevin James movie last night over at the West Bumfuck 7. But right now it’s sports with Colonel Safeword and then Foreigner!!!

Lebron
    Participant

Brewers took out Miley after the first batter and brought in a right hander just to mess with the Dodgers line up.

Did it?  Looks like the Dodgers had Bellinger leading off, which is weird if Miley was pitching.  And he walked the guy.   Puig still available to pinch hit and if it fucked where their lineup it got Freese in the game, who performs well enough in the postseason.  Not sure what the deception was supposed to be.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Outfuckingrageous!!! That’s a breach of the unwrittens!   :pk:

:lol: :lol:   :lol:

Coma
    Participant

Calling back to a topic from yesterday, that Dan Van Atta “6 MILLION people” tweet is great example of delusional arrogance by the media. Think about the context of when that article came out: The greatest QB of all time and newly crowned Super Bowl champion was embroiled in a highly publicized scandal. Over a 6 month period, there was a lengthy investigation, an unprecedented punishment, an appeal hearing with the commissioner and, finally, a trial in federal court. All of these steps received plenty of coverage. The Wickersham-Van Atta story was timed to come out right after the trial had ended. Given the tone of the article, the intention was to capitalize on a legal victory for league and give the people some “Bad Stuff ’bout the Pats” reading material. In that climate, given the way the article was pushed by ESPN, it would have been read by millions of people no matter who wrote it. No one was on the fence and thought “Van Atta? That clinches it, I’m clicking on that link.”

Yahtzee
    Participant

Did John Mara buy the Astros?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Nice start!

Yahtzee
    Participant

Joe West to the rescue again?

Fan has to be ejected too right?

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  Yahtzee.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

Fan interference? Only in baseball, Danny!

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I’ve never sat anywhere near the front row of a MLB game but when a ball is hit right at you the urge to reach out and grab it must be overwhelming

Lebron
    Participant

Maybe if the Astros had that camera guy in the right place they would have gotten a better angle.  Fuck those douchebags

Feejis
    Participant

So what’s the counter argument? Betts reached into the stands and not the other way around?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Ron Darling sucks ass. I wish TBS had hired those 2 clowns from Detroit that tried to beat the shit out of each other after the game.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant
Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 89 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar