Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/18/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 125 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Yahtzee 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 126 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

This is reminding me of the championship game against the Ravens and Nantz’s oh god nooooo!!!!!! call.  If he makes the field goal, it ties the game, doesn’t win the game.  Same with Altuve’s home run and the 2 runs.  Fine, they play extras, doesn’t necessarily equate to a win for the Astros.  And that’s not accounting for how everything else plays out differently in the game from the first inning onward.

So fuck off.

Coma
    Participant

Did any of the Fan-interference bozo’s get kicked out of the game?

I read that they were warned by security, but weren’t kicked out. That’s nice of the stadium personnel, but it also fuels the morons who think it proves something – “If they interfered, they would have been ejected. They weren’t thrown out, so that means they didn’t interfere.” Or maybe it only means that stadium security doesn’t act like dicks all the time.

jforb
    Participant

Has anyone bothered mentioning that it’s stupid that the rule depends on whether they’re an inch to one side or the other of an invisible line? Make it always interference regardless of where or make it interference to reach below the wall which can actually be seen from a normal camera or something.

Participant

I read that they were warned by security, but weren’t kicked out. That’s nice of the stadium personnel, but it also fuels the morons who think it proves something – “If they interfered, they would have been ejected. They weren’t thrown out, so that means they didn’t interfere.” Or maybe it only means that stadium security doesn’t act like dicks all the time.

Image result for sam kennedy red sox“On behalf of the Boston Red Sox, I’d like to apologize to the fans for being given a warning in the 1st place.”

Image result for john+henry+and+linda+pizzuti“Goddamn it Sam, not now.”

Image result for sam kennedy red sox “Sorry, it’s what I do.”

jforb
    Participant

How do you go 0-6 on your best bets? And how is TBH kicking ass?

MATCHUP (LINE)	GASPER MCBRIDE PRINCIOTTI THURSTON VOLIN
    LAST WEEK	9-6	6-9	5-10	8-7	9-6
    SEASON	45-46-2	43-48-2	35-56-2	48-43-2	56-35-2
    BEST BETS	2-4	0-6	2-4	3-3	3-3

BrianInLA
    Participant

Blue shirt guy should open his eyes next time he’s trying to catch something. Makes it a lot easier.

I think white shirt guys eyes are closed as well. Not sure how they teach catching things down that way.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

New Rule, if you’re sitting in the stands and you make contact with a fielder trying to make a play, it results in an out even if the fielder is Plastic Man and you’re in Row W.

RedSeat
    Participant

well. look, it’s got an anally invaded sponge bob marking on it.

It’s got to be legit.

And those are very hard to fake.

Non-political post. I was reading this article about a 4-year-old shot as part of a road rage incident, when I was struck by this last sentence:

Ramsay says there are, on average, three road rage incidents involving a gun every week in Wichita.

:blink: Three road rage incidents with guns per week? Does Wichita,  Kansas think it’s the purge?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

These guys got lifetime season tickets:

What I love about this is that, not only did the Yankees lose this particular game IIRC, these jamoke fans haven’t even made it out of an LCS since this incident.

BrianInLA
    Participant

The Sox have scored 7,8 and 8 runs over the last 3 games against, by far, the best pitching staff and bullpen in baseball.  3.11 ERA (2nd best is 3.65), 130 ERA+ (2nd best is 118), 1.099 WHIP (2nd best is 1.152) and have done so with none of their top 3 guys hitting above .278. Just staggering.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Of course not. The ‘stro’s dont have a 80-100 year dry spell of World Championships.

Somewhere, Bartman is shaking his head.  :dry:

NASCL
    Participant

What I love about this is that, not only did the Yankees lose this particular game IIRC, these jamoke fans haven’t even made it out of an LCS since this incident.

I’ve watched this clip 15,000 times and always find something new.

They should play this on a loop in Cooperstown.

chicowalker
    Participant

everyone focuses on Vinnie Boombatz and FuckYou MeatLoaf, but Horatio Sanz is underrated.  Even before the awkward high-five with his gf and/or sister, he tosses off the two least emphatic air punches in history, constituting the only exercise he’s done in months years life

Nashua Dad
    Participant

They guy popping Vicodin out of the paper bag has no interest in the game.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

The Sox have scored 7,8 and 8 runs over the last 3 games against, by far, the best pitching staff and bullpen in baseball. 3.11 ERA (2nd best is 3.65), 130 ERA+ (2nd best is 118), 1.099 WHIP (2nd best is 1.152) and have done so with none of their top 3 guys hitting above .278. Just staggering.

I’ve watched this clip 15,000 times and always find something new.

They should play this on a loop in Cooperstown.

This should be on the plaque:

Yankeesfans: The Stories Behind The Animated GIF.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Suzy
    Participant

everyone focuses on Vinnie Boombatz and FuckYou MeatLoaf, but Horatio Sanz is underrated. Even before the awkward high-five with his gf and/or sister, he tosses off the two least emphatic air punches in history, constituting the only exercise he’s done in months years life

:lol:
    FuckYou Meatloaf is so disturbing, though!

So thrilled about this series. Last night’s game was surreal…it felt almost like 2004.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

They guy popping Vicodin out of the paper bag has no interest in the game.

That checks out

chicowalker
    Participant

So now I’m praying for the end of time
    To hurry up and arrive
    ‘Cause if I gotta watch the Sox win it again…
    Really thought the ‘Stros were gonna beat them in five
    I’ll never see my penis or walk without gout
    It hurts when I breathe so much that I must shout
    I’m praying for the end of time
    My bloated heart’s so weak (Ow, OW!)
    Praying for the end of time
    I wonder why..God..would..allow

Someone so dumb and fat

And so full of hate

To be completely aware

Of his impending fate

Someone so dumb and fat

And so full of hate

To not even be able to
    Masturbate

Someone so dumb and fat

And so full of hate…

BrianInLA
    Participant

Never noticed Paul Simon to the right of FuckYou Meatloaf guy ™ before. Is he sitting down amidst this chaos?

RedSeat
    Participant

everyone focuses on Vinnie Boombatz and FuckYou MeatLoaf, but Horatio Sanz is underrated. Even before the awkward high-five with his gf and/or sister, he tosses off the two least emphatic air punches in history, constituting the only exercise he’s done in months years life

“and/or” puts this over the top.

jforb
    Participant

Never noticed Paul Simon to the right of FuckYou Meatloaf guy ™ before. Is he sitting down amidst this chaos?

Luckiest fan in this is the woman to his right since you can’t see anything but a bit of hair.

BrianInLA
    Participant

ESPN 30 for 30 needs to do a “Where are they now?” where they track down everyone from this scene. Half of them are probably dead by now.

Humphrey
    Participant

Anybody seen Zach galifianakis and Ryan Brasier in the same room?

Participant

Anybody seen Zach galifianakis and Ryan Brasier in the same room?

Agreed.

These two were both lefties and wore glasses.

See the source imageSee the source image

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 126 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar