Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/20-10/21/2018 Weekend Thread

This topic contains 80 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 81 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

News Flash: Apparently Kawhi Leonard is Good at Basketball! Who knew?

Humphrey
    Participant

Nickles’ Sunday Notes column (already out) contains a paragraph about Frank McCourt.

Anyone remember Ted Sarandis’ insane interview with the man, where Ted put forth his theory that McCourt/Henry were plotting to trade franchises?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

In five years of owning the Dodgers, McCourt (and his ex) managed to almost destroy everything that the O’Malleys had built over fifty years.  If they had bought the Red Sox, we would be looking up at the Angeloses in Baltimore.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I’m shocked but every Dodger fan I’ve encountered since the 1st inning last night is eerily reminiscent to the majority of Red Sox fans pre-2004. Basically “the sky is falling….why us?….I KNEW this would happen….fire everyone” and lots of blaming of Dave Roberts (who is still a hero to me and I will hear none of that). p

The company I work for has a corporate box at The Stadium so I’m a bit biased on who I want to win today as I have a good shot of attending at least one of the games if it comes to be but I really do like most of the Dodger players (even Machado as, if he were on the Sox, we’d consider him “intense” ala Rodney Harrison when he came to New England). Either way the Sox are killing whichever of these two teams is lead to the slaughter.

I was shocked to find out there are only 2 players remaining on the active roster who played in the 2013 World Series (or were on that roster).

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I’m shocked but every Dodger fan I’ve encountered since the 1st inning last night is eerily reminiscent to the majority of Red Sox fans pre-2004. Basically “the sky is falling….why us?….I KNEW this would happen….fire everyone” and lots of blaming of Dave Roberts (who is still a hero to me and I will hear none of that). p

The company I work for has a corporate box at The Stadium so I’m a bit biased on who I want to win today as I have a good shot of attending at least one of the games if it comes to be but I really do like most of the Dodger players (even Machado as, if he were on the Sox, we’d consider him “intense” ala Rodney Harrison when he came to New England). Either way the Sox are killing whichever of these two teams is lead to the slaughter.

I was shocked to find out there are only 2 players remaining on the active roster who played in the 2013 World Series (or were on that roster).

Xander and Workman?

BrianInLA
    Participant

That is correct.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Gronk didn’t make trip to Chicago. There’s still a chance he’ll get on a later flight after some work.

rclane
    Participant

Chris Sale said he was in the hospital because of his belly button ring? He’s just fucking around, right?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Chris Sale said he was in the hospital because of his belly button ring? He’s just fucking around, right?

That would have made LJ’s head explode today.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I’m possibly the only one on here who likes/cares about college football.  Today’s slate of games isn’t going to win anyone new over at this point.

NASCL
    Participant

That would have made LJ’s head explode today.

Don’t worry, Callahan’s will on Monday morning.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Gronk didn’t make trip to Chicago. There’s still a chance he’ll get on a later flight after some work.

No Hollister either. Might be down to 1 tight end according to Daniels.

Coma
    Participant

That about equal on the WTF scale as Beckham Jr. saying he gets dehydrated because he doesn’t like to drink water. Then again, Beckham’s situation is probably worse because Sale’s belly button ring seems like a one time deal, while Beckham has had this issue before and probably will in the future.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Using your closer in the top of the 3rd? I guess high leverage is high leverage.  I’m sure the old school guys are all having fainting spells.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Drs Diabeetle and Zolak thought he got sick from anti inflammatories which isn’t a bad hypothesis.

Dr Diabeetle seemed surprised that he was still hurt. I guess in his practice you get over shoulder issues easy.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Purdue just went through the Brohio State defense like a knife through peanut butter.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Knicks hanging around at the end of three.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

If they managed then like they managed now, in Game 7 of the 2004 ALCS they’d probably bring in Mariano Rivera in the 2nd inning instead of Javier Vazquez. Vazquez came in with one out, bases loaded with the Yankees down 2-0 and surrendered a Grand Slam to Johnny Damon. If Rivera keeps things in reach that inning and beyond it’s a whole different ballgame.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Nice free throws by Tatum.

Looking like Dodgers.

Suzy
    Participant

Nice free throws by Tatum.

Looking like Dodgers.

Yep.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

lol @ the ending sequence for Knicks/Celtics. In the last second Tatum fouls a guy making a desperation half court heave. The Knick promptly misses the first of three free throws and that was that.

Suzy
    Participant

Jeffress was so good for the Brewers down the stretch, sucks for him. One pitch, ugh.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

That was quite a catch off Yelich by Chris Taylor. Then, a few minutes later, boom goes Puig.  A momentum shifter…

Yahtzee
    Participant

One benefit of the Dodgers coming is a not insignificant chance that Shaughnessy, Callahan or Felger say something horribly racist about Puig.

Suzy
    Participant

One benefit of the Dodgers coming is a not insignificant chance that Shaughnessy, Callahan or Felger say something horribly racist about Puig.

Oh, no question–and to a lesser extent, Machado. They’re both everything they stand against.  :wag:

Suzy
    Participant

Dave Brown Retweeted Bob Ryan

Name one objectionable thing he’s ever done.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Purdue 28, Brohio 6 in the 4th.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I’m cheering this Brohio State humiliation like I spent $250,000 to go to Purdue.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I’m cheering this Brohio State humiliation like I spent $250,000 to go to Purdue.

Giving up 3 40+ yard TDs in the 4th Quarter. :lol:

Suzy
    Participant

Kershaw in to close it out.

Dodgers/Sox

BrianInLA
    Participant

Arod and Papi should have their own reality show.  Arod is such a good sport with all the talking about Papi and the Sox heroics against his team.  I will now light myself on fire.

Humphrey
    Participant

I’m possibly the only one on here who likes/cares about college football. Today’s slate of games isn’t going to win anyone new over at this point.

Albert Breer haters would respectfully disagree with that statement.

Purds are a wagon, Bro!

Humphrey
    Participant

Is Spike Lee such a front-running phony that he’ll show up at one of these games (in full Dodger regalia, of course)?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I mean…

…it’s not even off brand.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Is Spike Lee such a front-running phony that he’ll show up at one of these games (in full Dodger regalia, of course)?

Of course because of Jack Robinson.

The Dodgers had no problem kicking a bunch of Mexicans out of their neighborhood.

RedSeat
    Participant

So, you think Dave Roberts will get much of an ovation on Tuesday?  

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Rockets beat Lakers as Rondo and Chris Paul get into a slap fight.

Gimp
    Participant

Ingram’s a punk.  Staring down the ref like a tough guy, punching Paul over like 3 people.

Still very easy to hate that Lakers team.

Humphrey
    Participant

Ingram’s a punk. Staring down the ref like a tough guy, punching Paul over like 3 people.

It’s even easier to hate ESPN. Dodgers win Game 7. Ohio State trounced by an unranked team. Lead story? Game 2 of an NBA season.

Participant

Ingram’s a punk. Staring down the ref like a tough guy, punching Paul over like 3 people.

It’s even easier to hate ESPN. Dodgers win Game 7. Ohio State trounced by an unranked team. Lead story? Game 2 of an NBA season.

BREAKING:  Lebron James woke up this morning and took a leak – Brian Windhorst has all the details coming up next……

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Once again if the Titans convert the coach is a genius. Commentators have no concept that advanced analytics just put you in a better spot to win, there is still no guarantee. They act like OT was a guaranteed win.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I liked going for it. I hated the play call. Announcers are still living in the Stone Ages.

Gimp
    Participant

I liked going for it. I hated the play call. Announcers are still living in the Stone Ages.

And predictably, Volin tweets THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH A TIE.

A true life ethos. 😂

Coma
    Participant

Nice opening drive by the Patriots. Maybe only one non-positive play (an incomplete by Brady) and that was right before the TD.

Feejis
    Participant

Jesus what an abortion of a first half so far.

Gimp
    Participant

Sony bejng carted.

Not great.

Gimp
    Participant

Horrible ball security. Repeated penalties. Very un-Pats like 1st half.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Oh for fucks sake catch the ball.

Coma
    Participant

That’s one way to atone for a fumble.

Gimp
    Participant

Thoroughly unimpressed by Trubisky.  He has 4 completions.  And more rush yards than throw yards.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar