Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/21/19 – 10/26/19 Weekly Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 198 total)
  • Author
    BrianInLA
    Participant

Darnold’s 3.6 QB Rating is the lowest allowed by a BB Pats defense besting the previous mark of Kerry Collins 4.9 from 2009 in the game that the Pats won 59-0 and Collins had -7 total passing yards.

4 of the top 21 best QB Rating against have happened in the first 7 games this year.

1st Darnold 3.6

6th Fitz 23.8

7th Allen 24.0

21 Jones 35.2

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Participant

Ran a minute and a half off the clock without a snap – the competition committee has been alerted. :lol:

In total, 90 seconds elapsed between the Patriots’ third- and fourth-down snaps.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    chicowalker
    Participant

to that end- Pats QB rating against this year- 35.6. league overall- 91.4

same splits- 2000 Ravens 62.5/78.1  85 bears 51.2/73.5

2 users thanked author for this post.
    BrianInLA
    Participant

same splits- 2000 Ravens 62.5/78.1 85 bears 51.2/73.5

This is staggering. :ohmy: Being 56 percentage points better than the rest of the league? That’s better than that Ravens and Bears teams combined.

GusChiggins
    Participant

On a different topic than the Patriots Monday night win and Sanu, I came across an interview yesterday with former defensive back Donte Whitner on a NBC Sports affiliate in DC. The main topic of the clip was Whitner criticizing former Redskins coach Jay Gruden and his staff. What stood out to me, though, was one host was wearing a Nationals cap and sweatshirt and another was wearing a Nationals knit cap. (There was a third host, but he was wearing a fleece jacket with the station logo.) If I tuned into any EEI or Sports Hub show prior to the World Series, Super Bowl or Stanley Cup and saw two of the hosts wearing Red Sox, Patriots or Bruins gear, I would assume they had lost a bet, this was the payoff and they’d never that hat/jersey/sweatshirt at work again. It’s surreal to see the sports talk shows in other markets have a rooting interest in the local team.

Remember, people only tune in to to those shows to see / learn from Coach Craig.

Lebron
    Participant

This is staggering. :ohmy:Being 56 percentage points better than the rest of the league? That’s better than that Ravens and Bears teams combined.

Plus you have a more pass centric league now which makes it even more nuts.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Coma
    Participant

Ran a minute and a half off the clock without a snap – the competition committee has been alerted. :lol:

In total, 90 seconds elapsed between the Patriots’ third- and fourth-down snaps.

It would have been great if, after the Jets declined 2 intentional penalties, the Patriots sent the offense back on the field and converted the 4th down. Then again, it’s probably too much to ask after a 33 point road shutout that included 4 interceptions.

chicowalker
    Participant

This is staggering. :ohmy:Being 56 percentage points better than the rest of the league? That’s better than that Ravens and Bears teams combined.

Plus you have a more pass centric league now which makes it even more nuts.

it’s like Pedro ’99 vs Koufax ’68.  Fucking Derek Carr has completed 74% of his passes this year

BrianInLA
    Participant

It would have been great if, after the Jets declined 2 intentional penalties, the Patriots sent the offense back on the field and converted the 4th down. Then again, it’s probably too much to ask after a 33 point road shutout that included 4 interceptions.

I actually thought they were going to do just that when Bill was sort of smirking. Could they really get a 15 yard penalty for continuing to do that as was mentioned? Is that really a rule? And if so, would it have been all bad since they wanted to move back anyway?

jforb
    Participant

I actually thought they were going to do just that when Bill was sort of smirking. Could they really get a 15 yard penalty for continuing to do that as was mentioned? Is that really a rule? And if so, would it have been all bad since they wanted to move back anyway?

Can’t find an exact rule but I’m sure there’s an unsportsmanlike conduct for doing that. Two consecutive delay of game penalties is.

BrianInLA
    Participant

The 2nd one was a false start. Couldn’t they have just accidentally kept false starting as that does happen in real life situations. How do the refs know when they are or aren’t doing it on purpose.

Also lost in this was just awful the reffing was last night. The only way the Jets moved the ball at all were odd strings of penalties against that Pats that we saw maybe 50% of the replies of.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

“Da first ting dey have to do is get the taste of this atrocity out of their mouth.” WFAN :lol:

I think I might have read the same words in a Yelp review of an artisanal North End eatery recently.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Pats’ defense is being dissed because “they haven’t played any decent offenses.”  It was a different season and all, but what about the Rams and their world’s greatest offense in the Soupey?  And what they did to the Chiefs at Arrowhead in the first half of the AFCCG? How soon people forget.

BrianInLA
    Participant

The last bad HALF of football that the defense has played was the second half of the Chiefs game.  16 great halves of football since.  There is a Ringer story on how the Pats defense has broken fantasy football.

BrianInLA
    Participant
    Lebron
    Participant

So sign a recently cut Pro Bowl special teamer and release Jordan Richards who they signed for special teams a couple of weeks ago, what’s not to like?  I’m sure the local radio men will have plenty.  Or maybe they’re taking ‘Schefty’s’ talking points about Brady’s contract and running with that.

Participant

“The flash from beneath Felgies leg napkin, apparently official, The Baltimore Ravens are Team X”.

Baltimore’s officially a problem

4 users thanked author for this post.
    jforb
    Participant

Day late but isn’t getting Sanu because you don’t trust the defense backwards? You know you have a really good one so you go all in to make sure something else doesn’t blow your chances?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Day late but isn’t getting Sanu because you don’t trust the defense backwards? You know you have a really good one so you go all in to make sure something else doesn’t blow your chances?

Patriots honk.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

“They’re not afraid of YOU.  They’ve come up to Foxborough and PUNCHED YOU IN THE MOUTH.  TWICE IN THE PLAYOFFS SO FAR!  Their QB should scare YOU more than Mahomes does!  What makes YOU think YOU can stop him? And their D may not have Lewis or Reid or Suggs but THEY WILL COME AFTER YOU!”

:dry:

jforb
    Participant

Guy in Reiss’s timeline asking if Suh and Sanu are related :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

ESPN and their ‘talent’ all gushing that Mahomes is going to throw today.  My stars!

Participant

Don’t want to see anyone hurt – but I’m happy it blows up all the stooorrylinez around Mahomes and Rogers going head to head on Sunday night.

Lefty

Don’t want to see anyone hurt – but I’m happy it blows up all the stooorrylinez around Mahomes and Rogers going head to head on Sunday night.

Nah, I am thinking if Mahomes is at all ok to go and will take the field Sunday.   The marketing value to him showing up and playing is off the charts.  It could go down like Favre’s dead father game, or one of those several times Rodgers came back from the dead.   Plus, you have Collinsworth readying his fainting couch to slobber all over both QBs.      I have to believe his agent it telling Mahomes to get out there if there is any way he can.   Plus, State Farm must be furiously masturbating about the chance to run those annoying Rodgers/Mahomes/State Farm agent commercials with both of them playing.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 198 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar