Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/21/19 – 10/26/19 Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 197 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  328 Chauncey St 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 198 total)
  • Author

chicowalker
    Participant

The Ringer makes me almost hate the NBA. here’s to every team going 82-0! Everyone win MVP! Titals for all! Everyone’s a unicorn! (a phrase, as it relates to hoops, that gives me deeper douche chills than anything I’ve ever heard)

Big Fat O
    Participant

Felger was lapping up Scheftys report that there are teams interested in Brady if he leaves the Pats. This called for a psychoanalysis of Brady’s behavior by renowned shrink Big Jim Panic to declare he’s gone.

This was taken as fact by the trio since Schefty has connections so it must be true.

Schefty doesn’t mention teams so let’s try to figure where he would go and which team would anger BB the most since they hate each other.

tje real story is Schefty didn’t mention any team but 90% of the league would take Brady in a sec. Whoever the GM was that said they would love him but can they get him? Why would logic be involved here?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Isn’t one of the pillars of the ‘Brady is out of here in 2020’ crowd that he’s sick of getting low-balled by the Patriots? Based on that logic woudn’t Brady demand something like 50mil a year to make up for years of being under paid?

Lebron
    Participant

The agent guy in those ads is the least annoying person involved and he’s really fucking annoying.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Josh Gordon to IR

Coma
    Participant

Josh Gordon to IR

That’s unfortunate. The silver lining is that this may mean the team is confident Harry is ready to go. Then again, Brady hates new receivers, so he’s only going to freeze out Sanu and Harry. :rollseyes:

I wonder which media personality will say the move to IR is to cover for a relapse by Gordon. It’s tough to pick a favorite, since they are all capable of sinking to that level, but I’m going to go with Merloni.

jforb
    Participant

Heard second hand that Burton was claiming he’ll be playing for another team this year and he was walking around like his knee was fine.

jforb
    Participant

Probably got butchered along the way, Florio has it that he’ll be healthy in a few weeks but the team can’t wait. He can be cut at that point, go through waivers and someone else can pick him up.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Legendary TV sportscasters Mike Lynch and Bob Lobel have teamed up and launched a new podcast.

Cohosted by radio veteran Hank Morse, the weekly show focuses on Boston sports, both past and present, and features entertaining stories from the hosts’ lengthy careers in broadcasting. Episodes are available on Apple Podcasts and on the “Lobey, Lynchie and Friends With Hank Morse’’ Facebook page.

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

The way Reiss is talking about Gordon makes me think there was an incident of some kind that he knows about but doesn’t have enough to report confidently.  He did a seven-point tweet thread about how when a transaction seems odd it’s best to revert to BB’s operating principles for an explanation and then today when discussing the Tomlinson released/not released situation he included some speculation that something might have happened Wednesday w/Gordon.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Legendary TV sportscasters Mike Lynch and Bob Lobel have teamed up and launched a new podcast.

Cohosted by radio veteran Hank Morse, the weekly show focuses on Boston sports, both past and present, and features entertaining stories from the hosts’ lengthy careers in broadcasting. Episodes are available on Apple Podcasts and on the “Lobey, Lynchie and Friends With Hank Morse’’ Facebook page.

Morse supposedly auditioned for the vacant Bruins’ PA job the other night as well. IIRC he was the morning sports guy on “Loren & Wally” for years; can’t remember whether he left with Loren Owens or before him.

Participant

Legendary TV sportscasters Mike Lynch and Bob Lobel have teamed up and launched a new podcast.

Cohosted by radio veteran Hank Morse, the weekly show focuses on Boston sports, both past and present, and features entertaining stories from the hosts’ lengthy careers in broadcasting. Episodes are available on Apple Podcasts and on the “Lobey, Lynchie and Friends With Hank Morse’’ Facebook page.

Morse supposedly auditioned for the vacant Bruins’ PA job the other night as well. IIRC he was the morning sports guy on “Loren & Wally” for years; can’t remember whether he left with Loren Owens or before him.

He also worked with Shank and Barnicle when Mike had his own show I believe.

Participant

“Greg will bring a well-sourced, deep understanding of the league to Review-Journal readers, and his game-film analysis is highly regarded by football coaches everywhere.”

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/nfl/review-journal-adds-veteran-reporter-greg-bedard-to-cover-nfl-1866218/

:puke:

jforb
    Participant

Kemba Walker had just 12 points on 4 of 18 shooting. Meanwhile, someone that rhymes with Iryie Krving went for 50 points in his debut with his new team. Awkward.

And they both lost…

The Sixers weren’t great either. But you can tell Benedict Al Horford makes a difference for that team. They actually have a grown-up in the room. Should make for a great season series.

Benedict Al :puke:

Lebron
    Participant

Well sourced?  No one talks to that fat smarmy prick.  The film guys are the best.  Greg supposedly a big film guy and he got canned from multiple outlets.  Andy Benoit from Sports Illustrated, big film guy.  Now he’s got more time to spend with his cats in Idaho.  No one is interested in film breakdown from fat fucks and kooky cat ladies.

chicowalker
    Participant

good to see Tatum passing up on several long twos yesterday where he may have taken them in the past.  he has to finish better, or just absorb the contact and get to the line.  Hayward was encouraging as well.  Hate losing to Philly, but the seed of a good team was there

3 users thanked author for this post.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

If Jay King and Himmelsbach are going to track Kyrie nightly it will be a quick unfollow.

Not sure how you could have expectations on a win last night, of course it would have been nice. Agree they looked solid enough, Jaylen picking up 5 fouls in 25 minutes was not ideal.

Participant

If Jay King and Himmelsbach are going to track Kyrie nightly it will be a quick unfollow.

Not sure how you could have expectations on a win last night, of course it would have been nice. Agree they looked solid enough, Jaylen picking up 5 fouls in 25 minutes was not ideal.

His pregame speech was something. :lol:

BrianInLA
    Participant

The Astros didn’t issue a single IBB this season? That’s something that Pete King would normally pen 4000 words about.

jforb
    Participant

LVRJ couldn’t get a photographer to get a less smarmy photo? Or at least a new one if that’s impossible?

Larry Legend
    Participant

His pregame speech was something. :lol:

Paraphrasing Larry, if Kvntrie is going to give a speech like that all the time, I’m going to retire.

I’m sure the attention paid to him will die down once the Celtics get further into their season, but giving a douchechills filled speech/putting up 50/missing the game winner has the trifecta of bullshit.

The C’s looked out of sorts, but there’s plenty there to be excited about. The woe is me shit coming from Simmons on down is obnoxious though. The Sixers’ offense is going to need work though.

Suzy
    Participant

LVRJ couldn’t get a photographer to get a less smarmy photo? Or at least a new one if that’s impossible?

Smarm is appropriate.

What kills me is the intro line or whatever that says how highly his peers think of him. :blink:   :lol:   I’d immediately recognize an incompetent, blowhard know-nothing at work for what they were, especially one who had my exact job, and certainly wouldn’t speak well of them. They are the most useless “profession” on earth, and so fucking dumb.

Lebron
    Participant

I can see Greg saying hey if you need me to come out to Vegas for some professional head shots just let me know then the quick follow up of no just send us a selfie.

Lebron
    Participant

Speaking of quick fouls I think Nikola Jokic picked up the quickest 3 fouls from a starter I’ve ever seen last night.  Headed to the bench with 3:30 in to the game.

Lebron
    Participant

The Astros didn’t issue a single IBB this season? That’s something that Pete King would normally pen 4000 words about.

I listened to a bit of a podcast with Jeff Passan, who is a stereotypical baseball nerd/fagola that for some reason I don’t want to strangle.  He was talking about the Astros front office and how their GM started in the Cardinals org and was a Wall Street guy with no real interest in baseball and he hired that assistant GM guy who made news the other day and how he was also a Wall Street guy and a very successful daily fantasy player, and the guy also doesn’t really have an interest in baseball.  They’re just good at crunching the numbers and identifying talent.  Probably why the Cardinals stole their data.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 198 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar