Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/21/19 – 10/26/19 Weekly Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 198 total)
  • Author

Upton Bell thinking Bootleg Barnicle is actually Mike Barnicle on twitter is probably the best feature of twitter.

It’s a beautiful thing:

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Coma
    Participant

Hold on, I thought we were all basement shut ins living with our parents, we’re unemployable. Now we all work for the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports? As Julian Edelman would say, that’s a helluva story!

It’s probably a Telefon-like set up. We’re not working for the Patriots. We were drugged at a Patriots tailgate and then programmed with a post-hypnotic suggestion. Whenever Socci says “Trips right,” we go to social media to criticize Breer, Felger, Shaugnessy, Bedard, etc.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Participant

So can Bill the Gm be “right in the moment” and “wrong in the long run” on personnel matters?  Would that fly?

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Suzy
    Participant

Orlando Scandrick, cut by the Eagles, has a lot to say. Fun read.

From Delaware online:

He began by saying the Eagles are still living off their Super Bowl win: “The problem in Philadelphia is much deeper than me. I think they’re having a tough time dealing with success.” 

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/nfl/eagles/2019/10/25/orlando-scandrick-released-eagles-rips-howie-roseman-malcolm-jenkins-lane-johnson-accountability-iss/2454944001/

:lol:

Humphrey
    Participant

I love the idea that being ‘wrong in the long term’ is basically some excuse for lack of accountability for what was originally presented. Isn’t the point not to rush to a judgement, and that if you were wrong in the long term that therefore means you could not have been ‘right’ originally?

Didn’t Wrong Borges try to write off one of his bogus opinions this way? Probably the “on a day where..” one.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

It is, of course, always an advantage to have Belichick on your team’s sideline, and usually a pretty sizable one. But that’s especially so this week. Consider: He has 268 regular-season wins, which is 266 more than first-year Browns coach Freddie Kitchens. Kitchens, a former Alabama quarterback who nowadays gives off the vibe of the first contestant eliminated from a second-rate cooking show

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Orlando Scandrick, cut by the Eagles, has a lot to say. Fun read.

From Delaware online:

He began by saying the Eagles are still living off their Super Bowl win: “The problem in Philadelphia is much deeper than me. I think they’re having a tough time dealing with success.”

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/nfl/eagles/2019/10/25/orlando-scandrick-released-eagles-rips-howie-roseman-malcolm-jenkins-lane-johnson-accountability-iss/2454944001/

:lol:

They probably think they’re the reigning champions. Uh, fellas, your tital was the year-before-last.  They may yet rebound and get back to the Bowl, but it would be so great if the “Philly special” went the way of polyester leisure suits and white belts and shoes. They’ll always have their statue, though.

Lebron
    Participant

Oh yeah, Borges was famous for “I was right at the time!” which I don’t recall the exact context but still means you were wrong.

Lefty

I find it interesting that in referring to Josh Gordon, BB said “he’s not healthy right now.”    He didn’t say he was injured, or not 100% or anything similar.   BB seems to me to be someone who is precise with his words.  Hope there isn’t a relapse involved, but it feels me more to this than roster shuffling.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Why is Wanamaker playing more than some if the rookies? Is there really that much drop off?

Feejis
    Participant

I find it interesting that in referring to Josh Gordon, BB said “he’s not healthy right now.” He didn’t say he was injured, or not 100% or anything similar. BB seems to me to be someone who is precise with his words. Hope there isn’t a relapse involved, but it feels me more to this than roster shuffling.

Have heard others reference the drug thig also. If he had an incident he’d have been suspended by the league. They wouldn’t be able to put him on IR.

Lefty

I find it interesting that in referring to Josh Gordon, BB said “he’s not healthy right now.” He didn’t say he was injured, or not 100% or anything similar. BB seems to me to be someone who is precise with his words. Hope there isn’t a relapse involved, but it feels me more to this than roster shuffling.

Have heard others reference the drug thig also. If he had an incident he’d have been suspended by the league. They wouldn’t be able to put him on IR.

Unless the tests haven’t come back yet, but the team couldn’t risk waiting.

Lefty

Gil Brandt on NFL radio just now (paraphrasing).  I’ve been around for a long long time, through the Shulas and Landry’s and whoever and I can’t say enough good things about Belichick.  None of those guys hold a candle to him.

He also said the Pats are all in on defense because while Brady is still really good, he is slipping, fwiw.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Kingasaurus
    Participant

He also said the Pats are all in on defense because while Brady is still really good, he is slipping, fwiw.

Get Wynn back and the OL up to snuff in the second half and I guarantee he won’t look like it.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Gil Brandt on NFL radio just now (paraphrasing). I’ve been around for a long long time, through the Shulas and Landry’s and whoever and I can’t say enough good things about Belichick. None of those guys hold a candle to him.

Brandt would like to believe that about Brady just to get his name in National Geographic.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Always good to see the Celts add another notch on the Knicks irrelevancy belt.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Humphrey
    Participant

Well no one has to worry about Notre Dame stealing a playoff spot from someone who deserves it more.

Lefty

Lev Bell with 8 carries for 23 yards today.  He is 22nd in the league in rushing through 7 weeks

yup, he’s worth $35m guaranteed.  Could get an UDFA to do that. Well done, Jets.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Can the Bills still be considered “team X” after today?

That Jacoby kid ain’t half-bad

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

As a follow up to Lefty.  How the &@#%¥ did the Jets beat Dallas? Wasn’t Bell supposed to unlock the limitless potential of Sam Darnold?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Wouldn’t Sam Darnold and Adam Gasse been together less than Mayfield and Kitchens?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Wouldn’t Sam Darnold and Adam Gasse been together less than Mayfield and Kitchens?

It was poorly presented but it wasn’t a together thing; it was cumulative for each.

jforb
    Participant
    jforb
    Participant

Wordpress won’t let me repeat that

BrianInLA
    Participant

Chubb dropped it. /media

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 198 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar