Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/22/2018 Daily Thread – But Did It Feel Like A Win?

This topic contains 67 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Coma 4 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Participant

Of course Pete is all in on hardo Justin Tucker with inch deep analysis

Instead of going into overtime against one of football’s best teams, the Ravens lost on the missed PAT. No matter how many teammates told him they loved him Tucker knew one thing: The game was his fault. And when something’s Justin Tucker’s fault, he owns it.

After the game, in the quiet Ravens’ locker room, Tucker approached VP of public relations Chad Steele and asked quietly: “Hey, can I do the podium?” Usually, coach John Harbaugh and quarterback Joe Flacco appeared at the post-game podium in front of a room of reporters. In a case like this, reporters would see Tucker at his locker. But he knew the size of this moment, and he knew there’d be a demand.

“I want to face it,” Tucker told Steele.

Yeah, gotta meet the ‘media demand’ because we all know Justin Tucker is camera shy.

He does not get enough shit.

Pete can see the wind Suzy, can you?  :lol:

“It looked like a gust of wind blew it sideways at precisely the wrong time.”

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Dale realizes Mookie played 2B THIS year in a game and countless articles for years mention that he always takes IF pre-game.

Feejis
    Participant

My theory is that Bill gave Jackson some time this week because of who they were playing. Doesn’t mean he has rocketed up the depth chart,  but they may need him later.

Kid looked competitive and the penalties on the hands to face are correctable.

Lebron
    Participant

Can you imagine being a maternity ward nurse or aid and having to deal with some asshole like Peter King asking you stupid ass questions like that?  Jesus Christ.  She was probably yearning for the days when men stayed the fuck out.

Coma
    Participant

If someone has to be victimized by a missed extra-point to lose a game, Brother John tops the list.

What makes the miss a little sweeter is that Harbaugh has spent the last couple years lobbying for a kickoff through the uprights to count as a point. At some point after the game, he had to be thinking, “If they just passed my rule, we still would have had a chance to tie the game.”

Lebron
    Participant

Good effort by Mitchell Trubisky,

The guy that went with ‘Mike’ Vick all those years goes full “Mitchell”

The throw Trubisky didn’t force, but underthrew, was picked off by Jonathan Jones of the Patriots. It cost the Bears the game in the fourth quarter.

He’s big on blaming players/single plays this week.

This is hilarious: Sean McDermott called a timeout to ice Adam Vinatieri on a 36-yard field-goal try. McDermott was a sophomore at William & Mary when Vinatieri started kicking field goals in the NFL

Not sure why it’s hilarious or what McDermott’s age is in relation to Vinatieri and the standard ‘what the fuck I have a timeout left might as well try and ice the guy.’  Also, if McDermott was a sophomore in college and Vinatieri was a rookie, doesn’t that make their age difference approximately 2 years?  Is that some crazy hilarious difference?  He’s an old kicker, guys kicking in their 40s dates back to the 1970s.

Claude45
    Participant

Instead of going into overtime against one of football’s best teams, the Ravens lost on the missed PAT. No matter how many teammates told him they loved him Tucker knew one thing: The game was his fault. And when something’s Justin Tucker’s fault, he owns it.

After the game, in the quiet Ravens’ locker room, Tucker approached VP of public relations Chad Steele and asked quietly: “Hey, can I do the podium?” Usually, coach John Harbaugh and quarterback Joe Flacco appeared at the post-game podium in front of a room of reporters. In a case like this, reporters would see Tucker at his locker. But he knew the size of this moment, and he knew there’d be a demand.

“I want to face it,” Tucker told Steele.

Yeah, gotta meet the ‘media demand’ because we all know Justin Tucker is camera shy.

He does not get enough shit.

No Raven does.

Coma
    Participant

Can you imagine being a maternity ward nurse or aid and having to deal with some asshole like Peter King asking you stupid ass questions like that? Jesus Christ. She was probably yearning for the days when men stayed the fuck out.

Plus, that’s one of the most obvious questions to ask someone in that role. If you strike up a conversation with another parent at your kid’s soccer game and find out they’re a maternity nurse who’s in charge of filling out the birth certificates, asking about unusual/funny/mistake baby names is a pretty easy and harmless avenue to go down. Only PK would think he was the first to come up with that question and the nurse had been dying for someone to ask it.

Claude45
    Participant

Sure, sure, sure. For 9 weeks of a bum.

But with the trading deadline a week away, and the Giants out of contention, what would the Jags have to throw at the Giants to give them pause? A second-round pick and a warm body or two?

Things have always turned out the same way, but this time things are going to be different because the guy who never changes is going to change this time. I swear.

Reid has to win in the playoffs; he’s never won a Super Bowl, and his last two Chiefs team have suffered crushing home losses in January. You get the feeling this year’s team, if it stays healthy, will be different. Part of that is Reid’s imagination, and his refusal to do things the way he used to do them just because that’s the way he’s done them.

Did the mother also have twins named Oranjello and Lemonjello?

One morning when the baby was still in the nursery, the hospital aide in charge of birth certificates came into the room. She’d been doing the birth certificates for most births at the hospital for 13 years.

“What are the most interesting names you’ve put on birth certificates?” I asked.

I think she’d been waiting for this question for about 12.5 years.

One woman, giving birth to her ninth child—and final one, she stressed—wanted to name the baby Da’Last. She got talked out of it.

This fucking guy. The hubris. He thinks he’s the fist person to ask her this question? Why did someone ask 6 months in and never ask again? Was it Pete and he was there for another birth? He’s an asshole.

Suzy
    Participant

Good effort by Mitchell Trubisky,

The guy that went with ‘Mike’ Vick all those years goes full “Mitchell”

The throw Trubisky didn’t force, but underthrew, was picked off by Jonathan Jones of the Patriots. It cost the Bears the game in the fourth quarter.

He’s big on blaming players/single plays this week.

This is hilarious: Sean McDermott called a timeout to ice Adam Vinatieri on a 36-yard field-goal try. McDermott was a sophomore at William & Mary when Vinatieri started kicking field goals in the NFL

Not sure why it’s hilarious or what McDermott’s age is in relation to Vinatieri and the standard ‘what the fuck I have a timeout left might as well try and ice the guy.’ Also, if McDermott was a sophomore in college and Vinatieri was a rookie, doesn’t that make their age difference approximately 2 years? Is that some crazy hilarious difference? He’s an old kicker, guys kicking in their 40s dates back to the 1970s.

He’s so obnoxious that we (well not us, but people in general) tend to overlook how stupid he is as well.

jforb
    Participant

Not sure why it’s hilarious or what McDermott’s age is in relation to Vinatieri and the standard ‘what the fuck I have a timeout left might as well try and ice the guy.’ Also, if McDermott was a sophomore in college and Vinatieri was a rookie, doesn’t that make their age difference approximately 2 years? Is that some crazy hilarious difference? He’s an old kicker, guys kicking in their 40s dates back to the 1970s.

Also, icing may be intended for the kicker but there’s got to be a reasonable chance that it would affect the snapper and holder too. So even if there’s no reason to think it would ever affect Adam, there’s multiple other players who could screw up.

Suzy
    Participant

Can you imagine being a maternity ward nurse or aid and having to deal with some asshole like Peter King asking you stupid ass questions like that? Jesus Christ. She was probably yearning for the days when men stayed the fuck out.

Plus, that’s one of the most obvious questions to ask someone in that role. If you strike up a conversation with another parent at your kid’s soccer game and find out they’re a maternity nurse who’s in charge of filling out the birth certificates, asking about unusual/funny/mistake baby names is a pretty easy and harmless avenue to go down. Only PK would think he was the first to come up with that question and the nurse had been dying for someone to ask it.

She’d been waiting for TWELVE AND A HALF YEARS for someone to ask that question!

He’s such a flaming cunt.

chicowalker
    Participant

“Yeah, some bull-dyke hipster named her kid Hazel like it’s fucking 1926.  To be clear- you claim to be a football writer?”

Humphrey
    Participant

Pete can see the wind Suzy, can you? 😆

“It looked like a gust of wind blew it sideways at precisely the wrong time.”

I bet a kicker would tell you he didn’t kick the damn ball hard enough; if you don’t that sort of shit can happen. So, kicker’s fault, not Mother Nature.

Yahtzee
    Participant

It’s also World Series eve. $500 for standing room?

Like baseball cards, comic books, and aging athletes, the price asked and the price paid are often quite different.

If any of these people “reporting” ticket price spikes ever purchased anything with their own money, they would know that.

Back to Cafardo’s Free Agent Sneak Peak. So much information! :dry:

A guy I work with posted Game 6 and 7 tickets for $10,000/each. He figured it’s an amount he’d never in a million years pay but maybe some Hollywood dumbass will.

Humphrey
    Participant

I just remembered. I have a friend who’s mom’s name was Ultima.

That’s Italian for “D-Last” !

Lebron
    Participant

Of course Pete is enthralled with the Packers playing the Rams at the Coliseum for the first time in 40 years!

The Packers traipsing on the Coliseum turf will be very cool, regardless the outcome.

Traipsing?  Like they’re going on some windy walk?

Does this mean they’re no longer having fun in Philly?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Can we sculpt another statue of Pederson yelling at the media from a podium?

Yahtzee
    Participant

She’d been waiting for TWELVE AND A HALF YEARS for someone to ask that question!

He’s such a flaming cunt.

I think she’d been waiting hoping to go without hearing for this question again for about 12.5 minutes years.

Suzy
    Participant

Can we sculpt another statue of Pederson yelling at the media from a podium?

:lol:

Humphrey
    Participant

One thing about that Hail Mary at the end.

Fouts said “you gotta reach the end zone”.

However, I really think the fact that the pass was short was why they completed it. Had it been a tad longer it wouldn’t have been misjudged and batted down.

What actually happened was Chicago’s best chance for a TD.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Does this mean they’re no longer having fun in Philly?

To make it fun again, maybe a player should slip a “stag party” tape in with the game tapes

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Philly is like Jacksonville. Both teams felt they had accomplished everything there was to do once they beat the Pats. Neither of them seem to grasp the fact that it is not ‘all down hill from there’.

Lebron
    Participant

What if you take him up on his offer?  OK Coach, see you Sunday, I’ll just show up and make some decisions?  What an idiot.  Burns me more every week that they lost to those assholes.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar