Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/22/2018 Daily Thread – But Did It Feel Like A Win?

This topic contains 67 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Coma 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

“Yeah, some bull-dyke hipster named her kid Hazel like it’s fucking 1926. To be clear- you claim to be a football writer?”

For some reason, Hazel is back (and she is back BIG) as a girls’ name among millennials. I know at least three Hazels born since 2008.  And one Mabel, too.  :blink:  :reche:

In other name news, this past weekend, the Miami Marlins signed Cuban phenoms and brothers Victor Mesa Jr. and Victor Victor Mesa.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Speaking of Hazels, I spotted Hazel Mae doing on-field interviews with Red Sox players after their Game 5 win in Houston last week. The Wiki says she left NESN ten years ago; she’s back in Toronto and working for Rogers SportsNet.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Lebron
    Participant

Cowboys reportedly sending a first rounder to the Raiders for Amari Cooper.

Participant

“On the other end of the spectrum, Abell has created a vegetable wrap with organic produce from Fenway Farms, the park’s rooftop garden, as well as quinoa and goat cheese.

#MyFenway

Participant

Hope everyone of them gets the shits….

5 Days in LA Jen. better be ready because us folks are about to break in the new in style!!!

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Can’t decide which side is stupider.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Did Screechy move to LA?

Lebron
    Participant

Can’t decide which side is stupider.

Cooper was pretty good his first 2 years, not so much since.  Not sure why you’d trade a first round pick for that and especially when your QB isn’t that great.  Trading first round picks for receivers doesn’t usually end well.  Thinking Roy Williams, Braylon Edwards, Javon Walker off the top of my head.  Give up a 4th or 5th?  Sure.  A first?  That’s crazy.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Scintillating game in Atlanta tonight.

Coma
    Participant

I saw a “See something, Say something” commercial this evening that I’ve never seen. It takes place on a bus and is filmed in black and white. The camera pauses on several passengers as they narrate their thoughts, all of which are along the lines of “That doesn’t look right, but should I take action? I don’t know, maybe someone else will.” Then they get to one passenger, who is eating a sandwich and he’s thinking “Isn’t swiss cheese just less cheese?” After that, they get to a final passenger, shown in color, on his phone, calling to report something suspicious.

Maybe the commercial makers were thinking “People will enjoy a little levity and we get our message across” but I’m left wondering if it was a spoof of those kind of commercials.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

The kids can’t buy a bucket tonight.

Feejis
    Participant

Oakland now has 3 first rounders in next year’s draft.

Lebron
    Participant

Scintillating game in Atlanta tonight.

Joe Tessitore is terrible.  OH MY GOD THERE GOES BECKHAM!!! What the fuck ever.  It was like a 15 yard play.

Lebron
    Participant

Hey Boog! Hey Boog!  Hey Boog! What kind of a grown up either goes by or calls another grown up by that name.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Radio call has the nugget that Bennie Fowler is the 4th player to  catch a pass from both Eli and Peyton Manning.

Without looking it up, I have to think that factoid doesn’t include defensive players. I’d imagine there are more than four defensive players to get both Peyton and Eli.

Feejis
    Participant

No replays of the Beckham cheap shot on the onside kick. Wouldn’t want to disrupt the narrative.

Coma
    Participant

Brilliant game management by Eli at the end of the game. The Giants are down by 11 and get 1st and goal at the 1 with 1 minute to go and no timeouts. They run 2 failed QB sneaks, wasting 50 seconds. They scored on 3rd down and got the 2 point conversion to make it a 3 point game, but there were only 5 seconds left.

Eli’s been in the league for 14 years and he doesn’t know to spike the ball or call passing plays to conserve time? I’m sure it’s his fault, though.

Viewing 18 posts - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar