Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/24/2018 Daily Thread, the 1-0 Edition

This topic contains 79 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Price vs. Ryu tonight.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Not sure I understand Ryu in this spot. He looked like he was struggling against the Brewers. And though Sale and Price are successful in Fenway, doesn’t it still eat up mediocre lefthanders?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Not sure I understand Ryu in this spot. He looked like he was struggling against the Brewers. And though Sale and Price are successful in Fenway, doesn’t it still eat up mediocre lefthanders?

Let’s hope so.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

From last night:

Don’t get the A-Rod hate at all from Sox fans.

I don’t think it’s really malicious. The guy’s been retired long enough that it’s mostly in good fun.

For certain guys it’s inevitable. I remember the AFCCG (2007? 2011?) where Larry Csonka was presenting the Hunt Trophy to Kraft and there were a good amount of boos.  :lol:

I remember thinking “Really, guys?” It was 30 years later and some guys couldn’t resist booing him.:lol:

NASCL
    Participant

Did you hear about Loyko’s career?

Feejis
    Participant

“career”

:lol:

good one

Participant

Hey WEEI any interest?

InThisTown
    Participant

Lynched himself in the basement.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Diabeetle yet read the board. Now their talking about Joe Suck cursing Sale.

I don’t their that smart to pick up on this.

Coma
    Participant

With all the stories over the last few years about people getting in trouble for offensive tweets they sent out years ago, Loyko never thought to check his own timeline? Did he believe he just had racist and homophobic thoughts and didn’t put them in writing under his real name?

Lebron
    Participant

Wait what’s up with Loyko?  Racist tweets?  By career we mean his substitute teaching career?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Wait what’s up with Loyko? Racist tweets? By career we mean his substitute teaching career?

Yes, context please!

InThisTown
    Participant

Very racist and homophobic tweets.

Lebron
    Participant

Just saw them.  Love how he’s claiming ignorance and “I just found out about it!  I don’t know what’s going on!!!!”

Lebron
    Participant

I’ve had the unfortunate pleasure of working two compliance investigations this year and when confronted with evidence of wrongdoing that’s exactly how the people in question responded.

Lebron
    Participant

Broncos release Chad Kelly

Multiple sources told 9NEWS that Kelly and his girlfriend attended a Halloween party hosted Monday night by Broncos star Von Miller at the Gothic Theatre in Englewood. At some point during the evening, sources said Kelly started acting in a hostile, aggressive manner and was removed to cool off.

Security tried to keep Kelly within the building to settle him down, but he broke through and ran off outside the building. Kelly wound up a block away at a home in the 3200 block of South Lincoln Street a little after 1 a.m., according to police.

A woman was sitting on a coach holding her young child when Kelly sat down next to her, according to the arrest affidavit filed by the Englewood police department. The woman called for a man in the house, who entered the living room and confronted Kelly, and the man struck Kelly with an aluminum vacuum tube, the affidavit says.

Kelly left the scene – one source told 9NEWS he did not know the people inside the home – and returned to the Gothic just as the Halloween party was breaking up. Kelly was about to leave the theater via Uber when he was apprehended by Englewood police and charged with first degree criminal trespass.

Participant

Seems like a lot of bad things happen to Broncos attending Broncos outings…..

Big Fat O
    Participant

I think we all knew Loyko wasn’t the sharpest knife in the draw.

Kevin
    Participant

I just deleted my racist tweets that someone who hacked me has been sitting on for over seven years is some defense. 😆

Feejis
    Participant

The Rod Rust news made that old Bruce and the Benchwarmers song pop into my head.

Had the Rust part memorized almost perfectly.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Feejis.

chicowalker
    Participant

I love how he thought Zolak would be receptive to them.  Zo is obviously a buffoon, but (to my knowledge) he hasn’t shown any of the sotto voce racism etc. that a lot of his colleagues have

Ironhead
    Participant

Never knew until today that Christmas was October 24th.  :D

Participant

Because 57 yard fg’s are easy?

Oct 21

Enchanting?  With apologies to Loyko, cue the horns!
     12 hours ago

Kevin
    Participant

Put another BSMW judge of character win up on the board, Lloyd!

Gimp
    Participant

Freezing Cold Takes has a hilarious video of the Nunez pinch-hit HR, with some WTF IS CORA DOING HITTING FOR DEVERS tweets.

Featured prominently is idiot savant Rich Keefe with a succinct “Nunez is useless.”

Was at Fenway last night.  Great energy, loud despite the cold, and some well organized BEAT LA and YANKEES SUCK chants.  Good time, and a reasonably paced game considering all the pitching changes.

Feejis
    Participant

Have we ever been wrong?

Edited to clarify – we’ve been wrong about guys we thought were ok that turned out to be terrible. Have we ever deemed someone to be terrible who wasn’t?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Feejis.

If the Loyko thing happened with the Patriots, Bedard would be looking for ways to indict. Guilt by association, how long did Belichick know and do nothing, that sort of thing.

So I think it’s fair to ask how long has Bedard knowingly employed this racist homophobe and done nothing about it? Hey, I’m just asking the question. The question has to be asked!

Have we ever been wrong?

Edited to clarify – we’ve been wrong about guys we thought were ok that turned out to be terrible. Have we ever deemed someone to be terrible who wasn’t?

At the marathon bombing, Uniball ran toward the flames to get the story. I mean, he’s still terrible, but have to give respect for that.

Lebron
    Participant

The amount of people on twitter describing Loyko as a ‘huge media member who is very well known’ or ‘well known journalist’ is astonishing.

Doncabesa
    Participant

The amount of people on twitter describing Loyko as a ‘huge media member who is very well known’ or ‘well known journalist’ is astonishing.

It’s just incredible.  He was a nothing then, he’s 1% less of a nothing now yet they think he was the target of some elaborate hack that started 7 years ago to take him down once he was more famous?

Doncabesa
    Participant

If only one one of those pipe bombs had been sent to Felger & Mazz.

Coma
    Participant

It’s just incredible. He was a nothing then, he’s 1% less of a nothing now yet they think he was the target of some elaborate hack that started 7 years ago to take him down once he was more famous?

Maybe the hackers just got impatient. They were waiting years for the “more famous” part and finally realized Loyko was never going to get any bigger, they were wasting their time and they took him down now.

As for Loyko’s pre-outing credibility, I saw people on other boards swear he had inside information and was a good resource. I don’t think there was ever any evidence of that, but, somehow, people were convinced Loyko was the real deal.

jforb
    Participant

As for Loyko’s pre-outing credibility, I saw people on other boards swear he had inside information and was a good resource. I don’t think there was ever any evidence of that, but, somehow, people were convinced Loyko was the real deal.

That was coming from the hackers too, trying to push the get famous part.

Feejis
    Participant

It’s just incredible. He was a nothing then, he’s 1% less of a nothing now yet they think he was the target of some elaborate hack that started 7 years ago to take him down once he was more famous?

Maybe the hackers just got impatient. They were waiting years for the “more famous” part and finally realized Loyko was never going to get any bigger, they were wasting their time and they took him down now.

The Mashpee police detectives are on the case! I’m sure the hackers will be sussed out very soon.

chicowalker
    Participant

He’s famous enough (through the blunt force of just forging ahead with his nonsense, see Mike from Woburn and his 12k twitter followers, etc) that this type of issue makes news- bit without any of the protections real fame might offer (money, contacts that will help him with a soft landing, etc) I’ll light a candle for him

Lebron
    Participant

Sounds like Honeycutt was crying about the crowd being mean to Kershaw in the bullpen.  He’s lucky LaRussa didn’t make the hotel reservation

Feejis
    Participant

Sounds like Honeycutt was crying about the crowd being mean to Kershaw in the bullpen. He’s lucky LaRussa didn’t make the hotel reservation

Speaking of hotels. One of the Globe’s dog whistlers has a column today chastising the Dodgers for breaking the picket line the hotel workers at the Ritz have going.

RedSeat
    Participant

. . . . Have we ever deemed someone to be terrible who wasn’t?

Trick question. Everyone is terrible. We will always be right.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Representing the 2004 champions, first pitches tonight by Pedro Martinez, David Ortiz, Kevin Millar, Tim Wakefield, Jason Varitek, Keith Foulke, and Alan Embree. Dave Roberts declined to participate.

National Anthem by Keith Lockhart and the Boston Pops, a Game 2 “tradition.”

Lebron
    Participant

Some SI writer has an article on the MNF broadcast and how terrible it is

At one point during the game, ESPN ran an embarrassing in-game commercial skit, which was then followed by a shot of Witten and Tessitore in the booth, which was then followed by a shot of the back of Witten and Tessitore’s heads which was then followed by a shot of the back of McFarland’s head which was then followed by a shot of McFarland talking to us from that ridiculous crane.

This is ESPN’s priority. It’s not serving the viewer. It’s not bringing you the game. It’s not showing you what’s happening on the field. The network’s priority is to make you care in some way, shape or form about its announcers.

Why else would the three men spend several minutes breaking down the Amari Cooper-to-Cowboys trade during a Giants-Falcons game? You could’ve analyzed that trade during your 52-hour pregame show, at halftime and during your postgame show. But instead, ESPN chose to do it while action is going on during the game.

He then had a couple of videos of that McFarland contraption and how it blocks the view of people at the game.  I can’t post anything beyond quotes here but the videos are crazy, I’d be pissed if I had those tickets and that contraption was blocking my view.

TJM
    Participant

Wait!

Loyko is real I thought he was like Muzz or Jeff someone Chico made up

Lebron
    Participant

Did they seriously ask Roberts to participate?

Big Fat O
    Participant

The same people who thought Loyko had a clue think Breer does too.

I will give them both credit that they make it sound like they have original thoughts.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Lebron
    Participant

You couldn’t have expected him to do it.  Yeah hold on guys I’m going to go participate in a ceremony with the opposing team, shouldn’t be more than a couple of minutes, Honey’s in charge until I get back.

Lebron
    Participant

@NickiJhabvala

Since John Elway joined the Broncos’ front office in 2011 he’s drafted five quarterbacks. None are still on the roster.

Brock Osweiler (2012), Zac Dysert (2013), Trevor Siemian (2015), Paxton Lynch (2016), Chad Kelly (2017)

Lebron
    Participant

I like those fleece hoodies that Cora/Roberts are wearing.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

You couldn’t have expected him to do it. Yeah hold on guys I’m going to go participate in a ceremony with the opposing team, shouldn’t be more than a couple of minutes, Honey’s in charge until I get back.

What a bush thing to do with a classy guy like Dave Roberts. I thought Dr. Charles was too busy packing the Worcester-bound moving boxes down in Pawtucket to freelance for his old MLB team.

Every time I see a replay of Roberts’ SB in Game 4 of the 2004 ALCS I shudder, because it was that close and his break, acceleration and slide had to be perfect … and it was.

jforb
    Participant

They probably just sent an email to their 2004 team list and didn’t even think about it. Probably took Manny off though.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I’m guessing it was Dale’s idea.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar