Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/24/2018 Daily Thread, the 1-0 Edition

This topic contains 79 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 51 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author

The amount of people on twitter describing Loyko as a ‘huge media member who is very well known’ or ‘well known journalist’ is astonishing.

It’s just incredible. He was a nothing then, he’s 1% less of a nothing now yet they think he was the target of some elaborate hack that started 7 years ago to take him down once he was more famous?

Maybe the hackers just got impatient. They were waiting years for the “more famous” part and finally realized Loyko was never going to get any bigger, they were wasting their time and they took him down now.

As for Loyko’s pre-outing credibility, I saw people on other boards swear he had inside information and was a good resource. I don’t think there was ever any evidence of that, but, somehow, people were convinced Loyko was the real deal.

The Mashpee police detectives are on the case! I’m sure the hackers will be sussed out very soon.

I think this story turns out a lot differently if Loyko’s, say, in Seattle or San Francisco or someplace just out of reach of Boston Sports Journal.

Doncabesa
    Participant

Loyko white knights are a desperate bunch.

NASCL
    Participant

Break out the horns for the rainbows.

Such a victim:

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

I have to love the Papi LoveFest going on at the end of Jersey Street. No tix tonight, so watching FS1. Hilarious that some in the crowd are holding up Jennifer Lopez posters.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Isn’t it nice to open the Herald and see Suckley’s mug.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Joe Suck looks like a corpse. Maybe he’s near death.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Such a victim:

Kirk gets fired and he won’t be missed. He knows that and that kills him.  What a sad, needy, mean little fvcker.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Hacksaw
    Participant

Is Keith Foulke still driving the truck WEEI bought him?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Okay.  Was not going to be a 1-0 game. Get out of this inning with no more damage.  Stop nibbling.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Curt has about as much of a chance of throwing out the first pitch at a Sox game as I do.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Ryu getting way too comfortable.

Nice job of hitting by Vasquez.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I guess Ryu can get as comfy as he wants now.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Bringing in a pitcher that can’t throw strikes with the bases loaded seems like a bad idea  :smile:

Yahtzee
    Participant

Just read a tweet from a Dodgers reporter wondering why Puig was playing so deep.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Oof. Madson had brutal stats this year. That was the best option Roberts had?

Yahtzee
    Participant

From the twitters:  The Dodgers needed three pitches to get the first two Red Sox out in the fifth and 27 to get the last.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Can someone tell Joe Buck the game’s on TV?  He can shut up.

Feejis
    Participant

Ginny Madsen may have been a better choice.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Nobody gives a fvck about 1916!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jforb
    Participant

Good way to close out Fenway for the year.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Representing the 2004 champions, first pitches tonight by Pedro Martinez, David Ortiz, Kevin Millar, Tim Wakefield, Jason Varitek, Keith Foulke, and Alan Embree. Dave Roberts declined to participate.

National Anthem by Keith Lockhart and the Boston Pops, a Game 2 “tradition.”

At least it wasn’t a big whoop of hype. James Taylor was torture.

Lebron
    Participant

Kelly/Eovaldi/Kimbrel.  Reminds me of The Nasty Boys.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Dividing up post-season tickets in my group, round-robin style, one of my fellows took Game 6 and Game 7 of the Series. That was the exact same move I made in 2004.

With all due respect, I hope he has the same results.

Sox in 5.

Lebron
    Participant

RedSeat will have the chart but it ‘felt’ like the inside strike was a bit inconsistent.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Just curious. Do they fly to LA tonight or leave in the morning?

Lebron
    Participant

Roberts went out there and hugged all the ‘04 guys before the first pitch.  Good stuff

Viewing 30 posts - 51 through 80 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar