Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/25/2018 Daily Thread, the 2 – 0 Edition

This topic contains 72 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Chief 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 23 posts - 51 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Author

chicowalker
    Participant

Looks like Cito Gaston took himself out of the running for the Toronto job.

Is he the Billy Martin of Canada? it feels like he’s been the Blue Jays manager like 5 different times

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Nick has to be thrilled that Baldelli landed the Twins’ job. He’s another “Old Friend.”  But, as in the case with Ausmus, returning Nick’s phone calls won’t be very high on his to-do list when Rocco takes over in Minny.

BrianInLA
    Participant

20 bucks for that Tiger/Phil PPV. 3PM Eastern the Friday after Thanksgiving. Who the fuck is watching that, let alone paying to watch it? Also, no spectators, just them and camera guys. Weird.

But they will be miked for sound so it will be humorous. Or so I’ve been told repeatedly by the Golf Channel.   :dry: I’ve played Shadow Creek (where its being held). Its not really set up for fans as the holes are so spread out that you never see another group anywhere on the course when playing. They’d end up losing drunk fans somewhere between the holes. And what are they going to show between shots? Two guys tee off and then walk to their ball for the next 10 minutes. Riveting tv. If anyone has watched the finals of match play events its a similar issue to keep fans from changing the channel after each guy hits a shot as there are only 2 (or 4) players on the course. But $20 on PPV? There is zero chance this is a success.

Lebron
    Participant

Plus it’s 2 washed up guys where some people don’t like either of them.   If you want to gin up an audience maybe revive the Skins Game with the top 4 guys.  They used to run that on Thanksgiving weekend and if memory serves it was pretty successful.  And everyone liked Watson, Nicklaus, Palmer, Player.  I dunno, get Johnson, Spieth, McIlroy, that other guy who is Spieth’s buddy, what’s his fucking face, had a good Ryder Cup.  Or Justin Rose, some other Euro.  Although I guess if someone took a 9 iron to Brandon Chamblee’s skull I’d pay.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Justin Thomas is Spieths buddy. He’s about 5’5 and hits the ball 350.  That would be a lot more interesting where it was skins and real money they could win. And let the fans in as that adds to it a great deal with the excitement and emotion. Just look at the chaos on the final hole when Tiger won a few weeks back. It looked like something out of a movie. They should have done it at Pebble Beach. Its a great scenic course, they could let the fans in and pack the place and have the 4 guys either playing Skins or a 2 on 2 Best Ball for millions. I would consider watching something like that if it was on free tv. But no way any golf event is worth $20 on tv. I’d rather hit the links myself.

Participant

BILA, If you mentioned this already forgive me, are you going to any of the games over the weekend?

BrianInLA
    Participant

I’m trying to go to game 4. Our company has a box at The Stadium and I’m up in Ironhead Country(tm) this week but have been texting the owner of the company regularly as he’s a diehard Dodger fan but also loves data analytics and we’ve been sharing data theories on the series. He’s the one who said Cora is 10x better than Roberts. I’ve sort of put the hint out there but will outright ask if the Sox win tomorrow night. Worst case I’ll try Stubhubbing it with the hopes that if its 3-0 most LA fans would rather do something else.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Somebody’s tweet in a Deadspin post about Minihane

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Big Fat O
    Participant

The Celtics have played 4 games and Fuck tard Grande is sounding like their 0-50.

i understand you may want to be objective but it’s 4 going on 5 fucking games.

”Oh Kyrie doesn’t look good”. He had knee surgery in May and this idiot expects him to be perfect.

I hate Grande  :ozzy:

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

We do need to get the Monstarrs to return the shooting touch to the guys before too long.

jforb
    Participant

Those boos at the end of the half for the refs were amazing.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I’ll wait patiently for Lebron to break this down.

Coma
    Participant

Bedard probably knew yesterday that he’s going to cut Loyko loose, so why wait until next week to claim that decision came as the result of an “investigation.”

To project the appearance of “thoughtful consideration” and “fairness”.

Loyko’s toast. Even if his dubious “I got hacked!” story was remotely plausible, he doesn’t bring enough to the table to offset the now-cemented conventional wisdom that he’s a racist homophobe. No matter his guilt/innocence, he can only be a liability to Bedard going forward.

All that’s left is for Bedard to calculate how long he has to wait in order to appear reasonable and supportive before ultimately dropping the ax.

Bedard’s “I will not give in to the mob and rush to make a decision” act would be more convincing if he didn’t scrub Loyko’s profile and articles from the BSJ site and call Loyko a “freelancer” yesterday. There’s no way a company is bringing you back if they’ve erased your work acted like they barely knew you.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

QB D. Amandola throws a TD.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Rhody’s own Rocco Baldelli just got the Twins job.

Nick Cafardo’s next six Baseball sunday page.

Plus the interview in Spring Training, first meeting with Twins, etc.  The teams sharing Ft Myers (the town, bot the complexes) means he can pump this for a full year, probably. Or until Rocco baseball-bats him.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Good win by the C’s after a horrible first half.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

When we were kids, there was this guy Mike in our neighborhood. He was either mentally retarded or autistic, just hung around, very nice but because we were animals we screwed with him. Nothing bad, we’d talk with him about sports and stuff, but he had a tic where if you asked a certain question he’d tell you the same story he said a million times, completely oblivious. “Mike, did you ever have a dog?” “I never told you about my dog?” *talks for 20 minutes about his dog* ad infinitum. Like I said, we were little pricks. The (tenuous :dry: 😆 ) point? Felger and Big Worry are clearly doing that to Squeaky. I don’t think he can even tell he’s being fucked with. He’s clinging to the Price can’t pitch under pressure like CHB did with the curse.

“Price Isn’t Right” coloring book now on sale at 985.com.  Choose Rush Delivery for Christmas joy!

Yahtzee
    Participant

Got on the T and they were down 92-85.

Got home and flipped up app to see how bad they lost.

How did that happen?!

Lebron
    Participant

I’ll wait patiently for Lebron to break this down.

So the brother backs Beth Bowlen, who came out saying she was ready to take over but the trust rebuked her pretty harshly.  Basically said she was nowhere near qualified.  The trust has been working more closely with Brittany, another daughter who is only 28.  Last Saturday night at some function she publicly expressed interest in ownership for the first time.  My guess would be this is in response to that.  Either way it will be awesomely ugly.

Lebron
    Participant

Got on the T and they were down 92-85.

Got home and flipped up app to see how bad they lost.

How did that happen?!

14-1 or so run to close it out.  Finally hit 3s

Lebron
    Participant

Complaint says the trustees could hand it to Beth as she’s 47 and the trust says anyone should be 40 before assuming an ownership role.  Meanwhile Brittany is 28.  So the trustees just want to hang on for 12 more years and milk their 300k salaries for doing nothing.  Also says that the last trust which Bowlen established in ‘09 should be invalidated as he was already showing signs of Alzheimer’s and should revert to the ‘02 trust.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Complaint says the trustees could hand it to Beth as she’s 47 and the trust says anyone should be 40 before assuming an ownership role. Meanwhile Brittany is 28. So the trustees just want to hang on for 12 more years and milk their 300k salaries for doing nothing. Also says that the last trust which Bowlen established in ‘09 should be invalidated as he was already showing signs of Alzheimer’s and should revert to the ‘02 trust.

This is awesome. Could be 12 solid years of recriminations.

Edit: There are seven of those Bowlen kids. Are any on Brittany’s side? Are any others saying “Actually, I should be owner!”?

Chief
    Participant

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Chief.
Viewing 23 posts - 51 through 73 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar