Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/25/2018 Daily Thread, the 2 – 0 Edition

This topic contains 72 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Chief 7 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 73 total)
  • Author

RedSeat
    Participant

RedSeat will have the chart but it ‘felt’ like the inside strike was a bit inconsistent.

I’ll agree with your eye test. Red Sox threw the squares, this is the ump’s perspective.

Vs. LH, everything close or questionable favored LA

Vs. RH, four of five clear misses favor LA,  with at least three borderline calls going their way too. Not a terrible zone for the most part, but inside to RH was a bit of a coin flip.

Lebron
    Participant

What, no Damon Amendolara pix? :sad onion:

He’s been turning up on MLB Network lately. I guess if you live near Secaucus, have some kind of media gig, and have a pulse, you get invited to their talking-heads set.

Dave Roberts is getting killed (in a laid-back way, of course) in some of the LA media headlines I’ve been seeing. (BiLA would know better.) But I think that he and Honeycutt have to revisit their “Madsen is my first guy out of the bullpen” strategy. Unless, of course, the mean Boston fans next to the visitors’ pen are disrupting Madsen’s concentration.

Other than that Taylor throw to get Kinsler the outfield defense hasn’t been very good.  And not starting Muncy/Bellinger hasn’t helped offensively although we’ll see what they can do facing righties in LA.  Drew Pomeranz might have a part to play in this yet.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

“Thanks for playing, dickheads. See you in 2019!”

My LA based first cousin’s facebook post at 1155pm (EST) last night.  :lol:

He also questioned the Dodgers potentially being like the Bills in the afternoon before game 2.

Lebron
    Participant

That 2-2 pitch to Taylor in the 4th – thought Price caught him looking at the inside strike.  Get that call and that game is likely a shutout as the sac fly is just an out than Hernandez strikes out to end the inning.

Feejis
    Participant

LA had 8 players with 20+ HR this year (including Machado) and half of them are on the bench. I know Roberts does this as a matter of course but it’s very odd to witness.

jforb
    Participant

Not saying Roberts couldn’t be doing things better, but getting a real 2004 feel where every move just works.

That second run pissed me off, was hoping for another series without ever trailing.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Has anyone else received a robo-call from John Dennis?

He’s urging support for Deihl, Republican for Senate.

Isn’t he (Dennis, that is) a full-time Florida resident? Not that it matters legally, but aside from the general creepiness of having John Dennis call your home, it’s a little odd.

Has anyone else received a robo-call from John Dennis?

He’s urging support for Deihl, Republican for Senate.

It’d be great if after the first minute or so of the call, we could splice in the Rotillo call.

Is this gonna be a daily thing from Kirk?

BrianInLA
    Participant

Roberts is getting KILLED by every fan I’ve talked to. A lot has to do with game 7 from last year and using analytics rather than the eye test and starting Darvish at home when it was obvious he was toast. Most of the texts I received last night were that Cora is 10x the manager that Roberts is. The Dodgers were smoke and mirrors all year in a bad division. They either hit home runs or strike out. The media (including Keshawn) have been saying forever that the inability to play small ball or manufacture runs will eventually catch up with them. While a cliche it appears to be correct. Compare to the Sox who get key hits all over the lineup (Nunez, Kinsler) where the Dodgers have had one inning that was an actual rally and as LeBron pointed out the inning should have been ended on the missed called strike 3. The outfield positioning is baffling and that also has to be on Roberts. Puig was about 5 feet in front of the warning track on JD’s hit. I know its easier coming in than going back but in a tie game you have to guard against the single dropping in and if it goes over your head with JD batting its probably a home run anyway.

I can see Roberts getting fired this offseason which would be remarkable for a guy who took a team to back to back World Series’.

Participant

Is this gonna be a daily thing from Kirk?

Yep – whenever things don’t go his way he’s the victim.

Lebron
    Participant

Because when I think of people who would be sympathetic to depression/mental illness the first guy that comes to mind is rock throwing tough guy Gerry Callahan.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Quick Pats update:

Gronk and Cannon back at Practice :smile:

Now back to basking in the glow of game two.

Participant

Because when I think of people who would be sympathetic to depression/mental illness the first guy that comes to mind is rock throwing tough guy Gerry Callahan.

Kirky’s the last one to figure out that when you need him, Gerry won’t be there for you.

Participant

Rhody’s own Rocco Baldelli just got the Twins job.

Lebron
    Participant

20 bucks for that Tiger/Phil PPV.  3PM Eastern the Friday after Thanksgiving.  Who the fuck is watching that, let alone paying to watch it?  Also, no spectators, just them and camera guys.  Weird.

chicowalker
    Participant

Woonsocket, though

who am I kidding?  I’ll defend Jeffrey Osborne if provoked :ohmy:

Suzy
    Participant

Yeah, so glad to hear that.

On another issue, I think the PTB at EEI  are afraid of Minihane’s mental state and maybe even fear him *completely* snapping on-air. They just don’t know what to do with what they consider a volatile situation. It’s kind of funny to see him taking them on publicly. This was such a great set-up until it wasn’t.

GusChiggins
    Participant

How much of this stuff is on Roberts vs. the Dodgers FO calling the shots pre-game?

chicowalker
    Participant

If the Sox win game three, do you start Evoldi and pull him after 1 batter in game 4 for Pomeranz? :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

How much of this stuff is on Roberts vs. the Dodgers FO calling the shots pre-game?

8BB:  I think Magic just makes sure everyone is getting busy at the parties.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I think the PTB at EEI are afraid of Minihane’s mental state and maybe even fear him *completely* snapping on-air. They just don’t know what to do with what they consider a volatile situation. It’s kind of funny to see him taking them on publicly. This was such a great set-up until it wasn’t.

After baseball season, ‘EEI will be desperate to get ratings, right? I’m sort of hoping that they lure Mikey back and lock him in a studio with Minihane, leave the microphones on, and just broadcast all the mess and carnage for days on end, until it ends in some kind of cannibalistic “Siege of Leningrad” scenario.
    :ohmy:   :blink:

Wow, I just realized that I hate local sports talk radio just a tad too much.   :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

When we were kids, there was this guy Mike in our neighborhood.  He was either mentally retarded or autistic, just hung around, very nice but because we were animals we screwed with him.  Nothing bad, we’d talk with him about sports and stuff, but he had a tic where if you asked a certain question he’d tell you the same story he said a million times, completely oblivious.  “Mike, did you ever have a dog?” “I never told you about my dog?” *talks for 20 minutes about his dog* ad infinitum. Like I said, we were little pricks.  The (tenuous :dry:   :lol: ) point? Felger and Big Worry are clearly doing that to Squeaky.  I don’t think he can even tell he’s being fucked with.  He’s clinging to the Price can’t pitch under pressure like CHB did with the curse.

On another issue, I think the PTB at EEI are afraid of Minihane’s mental state and maybe even fear him *completely* snapping on-air. They just don’t know what to do with what they consider a volatile situation. It’s kind of funny to see him taking them on publicly. This was such a great set-up until it wasn’t.

You’d think his job would be the worst possible vocation for his mental issues. Talk about triggers everywhere. He’s had some disturbing episodes already. I’m shocked he hasn’t already totally snapped.

Not that Callahan actually gives a damn, but the most supportive thing he could do for Kirk is say  “Don’t come back.”

Speaking of which, KKK’s now 2-for-2. Is he like the mental health Deathcat?

Hacksaw
    Participant

Looks like Cito Gaston took himself out of the running for the Toronto job.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar