Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/26/2018 Daily Thread, Game 3 Edition

Tagged: 

This topic contains 187 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  BrianInLA 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 188 total)
  • Author

Hacksaw
    Participant

Janet Marie Smith weighs in on #MyFenway, Dodger Statidum and audacity.

Image result for ricola horns

“We’re one of the few sports that has the audacity to refer to our homes as cathedrals”

“The idea of this being a place where families have gone for generations, in both Los Angeles and Boston, is something that we have looked to celebrate.”

They have the LAPD, we have Gerry Callahan.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Good job, good effort from the Globe

They haven’t employed editors in years, it seems. Gotta save all that money to pay the big guns who add nothing of value to the rag.

Speaking of Baldelli, I was thinking yesterday that when he first got sick, (Shank? California Bill?) mocked him for being lazy and unmotivated. The attack was so shockingly ignorant and vicious that FJM wrote a column about it detailing RB’s illness and outright said (Shank? CB?) owed Rocco an apology. Anyone else remember this?

Looks like friends of Bill – Kevin Hench did

http://www.firejoemorgan.com/2008/03/you-just-dont-say-things-like-that.html?m=1

Lebron
    Participant

They have Al Campanis, we have Tom Yawkey.

Lebron
    Participant

No Benintendi.

Betts/Boegarts/Moreland/Martinez/Holt/Devers/Bradly/Vazquez/Porcello

Lefty

Didn’t see that one coming.

Big Fat O
    Participant

For those listening to the radio it looks like we’ll be blessed with Futility Lou.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Tons of Sox fans at LAX this afternoon. Secondary market prices are way down from last year. Being down 2-0 probably the cause.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I’ll bet there’s a lot of “five o’clock shadow” talk because the game will start in LA’s late afternoon.

“You gotta wonder how this is gonna affect those Red Sox hitters, trying to pick up that baseball coming out of the sun!”   :dry:

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Brad Paisley was pretty good but outside of that it looked like the intro to the minor league All-star game  :blink: In a gadda da vida? Really?

BrianInLA
    Participant

I was half expecting Peyton Manning to make a duet out of it based on their recent commercials.

Humphrey
    Participant

He should be fired as a teacher for that tweet alone. ‘Passed’? And you want to be my kids’ 4th grade teacher?

Seriously, what a shithead.

he should have collaborated with Nick Cafardo who wrote about some catcher’s “past ball” this summer. The lazy bastard never corrected it either.

rclane
    Participant

Through an inning and a half and I want the Vanilla Ice lookalike with the 10x sign killed or ejected. And Larry King looks like he had his hat made at a mall kiosk.

Humphrey
    Participant

Through an inning and a half and I want the Vanilla Ice lookalike with the 10x sign killed or ejected. And Larry King looks like he had his hat made at a mall kiosk.

Is that the douchebag from the Lakers games right behind king?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Between pitch commercials + extra long intra-inning breaks?  Fox is an abortion (and baseball is what will get killed).

Yahtzee
    Participant

Maybe that was too dark.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

The Dodgers seem like the type of team that thinks that HR will be enough to win this game … Advantage Red Sox

Yahtzee
    Participant

The Dodgers seem like the type of team that thinks that HR will be enough to win this game … Advantage Red Sox

Fvck Buehler

RedSeat
    Participant

Strike 3 to JDM was at least the third gift call for Burhler  :ozzy:

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Fox won’t show it but so I had to look it up … the Sox have 2 hits … feels like -2 hits  :puke:

RedSeat
    Participant

Chris Taylor looks like a Grand Theft Auto character.

rclane
    Participant

I thought the Dodgers were going to score a shitload against the RHP. This game isn’t going to end 1-0.

Participant

Fvck Buehler

“Anyone, anyone”

BrianInLA
    Participant

Looks like the sox fan behind them plate was hitting on Larry Kings daughter.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Swing the fucking bat. Jesus.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Chris Taylor looks like a Grand Theft Auto character.

Buehler looks like the kid in shop class caught whacking off in the back room.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Muchado is a punks punk. I assume the Yankees will pay him a Kings ransom in the off season.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Machado!

Yahtzee
    Participant

Muchado is a punks punk. I assume the Yankees will pay him a Kings ransom in the off season.

Had the radio on for a second and he was getting killed by Uncle Joe. Ran down to the TV and had to laugh.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

SWING THE FUCKING BAT.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Well, that was a ballsy performance.  Keep it 1-0 and win against the bullpen.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I wonder if they take Buehler out now that he’s past 100 or just pitch him til his arm falls off.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I wonder if they take Buehler out now that he’s past 100 or just pitch him til his arm falls off.

Almost want them to get a base runner so his spot comes up and Roberts has to decide.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

It’s been what 90 minutes since the Sox put a ball in play? Buehler didn’t pitch that well. Bad night for the offense. Hope it’s a blip and not a lost weekend at the plate

Lebron
    Participant

Sounds weird but seems like the Red Sox patience at the plate worked against them against Buehler.  Betts second at bat he jumped on the first pitch and just got under it.  Other 2 at bats he strikes out looking.  Buehler got to some 3-2 counts but got out of them.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Sandy Koufax is ageless.

Ump sux.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

That pitch on Holt was total BS.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I’ve convinced myself that the Dodgers will fold if the Sox and tie this game … also convinced myself that the last 5 batters will strike out

Yahtzee
    Participant

Sounds weird but seems like the Red Sox patience at the plate worked against them against Buehler. Betts second at bat he jumped on the first pitch and just got under it. Other 2 at bats he strikes out looking. Buehler got to some 3-2 counts but got out of them.

And now they’re more desperate and over-aggressive. Swinging at pitches at their eyes. Ump partially to blame.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Sounds weird but seems like the Red Sox patience at the plate worked against them against Buehler. Betts second at bat he jumped on the first pitch and just got under it. Other 2 at bats he strikes out looking. Buehler got to some 3-2 counts but got out of them.

Part of patience at the plate means swinging and fouling off close pitches with two strikes on you. It doesn’t mean watching strike three. I lose my shit when that happens.

RedSeat
    Participant

JBJ!!!!

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Unbelievable

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I’ve convinced myself that the Dodgers will fold if the Sox and tie this game … also convinced myself that the last 5 batters will strike out

Hee hee.  Now we get to see if that’s true!

Yahtzee
    Participant

Wow

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Sorry Dave Roberts, it won’t be fair but you’ll be second guessed forever for taking out Buehler.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

My wife is right, I have no idea what I’m talking about  :lol:

Yahtzee
    Participant

I thought the Dodgers were going to score a shitload against the RHP. This game isn’t going to end 1-0.

Point rclane.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Sorry Dave Roberts, it won’t be fair but you’ll be second guessed forever for taking out Buehler.

Already hearing it from friends and for trying to get 2 innings from his closer.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  BrianInLA.

Lebron
    Participant

What a contrast of at bats.  Devers was begging for above his head fastballs and Jansen happily obliged.  First couple of high fastballs to Bradley and he took them.  Shit I have to pitch to this guy

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Just like Porcello. One bad pitch and your screwed. Not fair but it happens

Hacksaw
    Participant

Just like Porcello. One bad pitch and your screwed. Not fair but it happens

Like OJ says…it happens!

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 188 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar