Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/26/2018 Daily Thread, Game 3 Edition

Tagged: 

This topic contains 187 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  BrianInLA 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 188 total)
  • Author
    Not to make light of his impediment, but I think a baseline for being allowed to be on the radio (or do a podcast) is being able to pronounce Ls and Rs correctly, especially if you’re going to keep saying the word, “Brady”.
    “OK, I’ll just be as bwief as I can…”
    “Whoever has the ball last, and that time it was Bwady…”
    “The Titans game is a little twicky for me because Mike Vwabel’s the head coach…”
    “Yeah, but didn’t we say that about the Wions in week thwee, Josh?”
    “The Packahs game is a coin fwip…”
    Both Mensa and McKone are a-scared of Rodgers, like it’s 2010. The conventional wisdom is unrelenting.

Suzy
    Participant

Mensa was talking about how Cora can do no wrong, when Marion cracks a joke:

“He could fart in front of 100 blondes with double Ds and they would say it smells like roses.”

There’s this long, uncomfortable, Thornton-waits-for-laughterish moment of dead air. McKone says nothing. Mensa finally bails Marion out: “I mean, ob-vee-uss-lee!” Then Marion laughs.

So is this an expression somewhere?

It’s vastly unfunny and makes no sense.

I like to think the Broncos thing is like the alternate reality that would’ve played out had Trump gotten the Bills, with Ivanka and Tiffany playing the Beth and Brittany roles, respectively.

Mensa was talking about how Cora can do no wrong, when Marion cracks a joke:

“He could fart in front of 100 blondes with double Ds and they would say it smells like roses.”

There’s this long, uncomfortable, Thornton-waits-for-laughterish moment of dead air. McKone says nothing. Mensa finally bails Marion out: “I mean, ob-vee-uss-lee!” Then Marion laughs.

So is this an expression somewhere?

It’s vastly unfunny and makes no sense.

And sheds a little too much light on Marion. If it were Gasper making the same analogy, we could at least write it off as overcompensation.

chicowalker
    Participant

Brunettes with smaller cup sizes would be offended, obviously

If only Denise were still here to confirm his theory :ohmy:

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

You can become President of the USA at age 35 but you can’t own the Bronco’s til your 40. Makes sense. I hope the team gets sold to Nintendo and moved to Japan.

Humphrey
    Participant

Cooz

Not to make light of his impediment, but I think a baseline for being allowed to be on the radio (or do a podcast) is being able to pronounce Ls and Rs correctly, especially if you’re going to keep saying the word, “Brady”.
    “OK, I’ll just be as bwief as I can…”
    “Whoever has the ball last, and that time it was Bwady…”
    “The Titans game is a little twicky for me because Mike Vwabel’s the head coach…”
    “Yeah, but didn’t we say that about the Wions in week thwee, Josh?”
    “The Packahs game is a coin fwip…”
    Both Mensa and McKone are a-scared of Rodgers, like it’s 2010. The conventional wisdom is unrelenting.

Well, shit, he’d never be on that show then! And Cousy would probably give more coherent thoughts about football than these guys.

Participant

Janet Marie Smith weighs in on #MyFenway, Dodger Statidum and audacity.

Image result for ricola horns

“We’re one of the few sports that has the audacity to refer to our homes as cathedrals”

“The idea of this being a place where families have gone for generations, in both Los Angeles and Boston, is something that we have looked to celebrate.”

Humphrey
    Participant

Janet Marie Smith weighs in on #MyFenway and Dodger Statidum and audacity.

Image result for ricola horns

“We’re one of the few sports that has the audacity to refer to our homes as cathedrals”

“The idea of this being a place where families have gone for generations, in both Los Angeles and Boston, is something that we have looked to celebrate.”

Amazing that Dodger Stadium is the third oldest park in MLB…there is a 50 year gap between it and Fenway/Wrigley. The only one I can think of that perhaps left before its time was Forbes Field, at least on film it looks like a decent place. Ebbets was pretty much falling down, wasn’t it…and so was the Polo Grounds.

Cooz

Well, shit, he’d never be on that show then! And Cousy would probably give more coherent thoughts about football than these guys.

Good point. But Cousy wasn’t doing C’s color because of his elocution.

chicowalker
    Participant

anyone see a little of Uniball in the MAGAbomber?

Hearing Cousy do reads for the upcoming episode of Moesha was one of the few joys of late 90’s celtics games

Participant

anyone see a little of Uniball in the MAGAbomber?

Hearing Cousy do reads for the upcoming episode of Moesha was one of the few joys of late 90’s celtics games

Didn’t Kobe bang her?  With consent for a change?

NASCL
    Participant

Damn, Chief had me thinking we had no thread today. :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

Moesha was apparently about a normal teen girl and the trials and tribulations of high school..who also interacted with all of these people :blink:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moesha#Notable_guest_stars

makes Sher Schwartz look like a piker

A little more insidious racism from Loyko:

The “passed” is the coup de grace.

Sensing a pattern:

Suzy
    Participant

A little more insidious racism from Loyko:

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

The “passed” is the coup de grace.

Wow.  :blink:

Love or hate him, Sherman’s clearly intelligent, so what could he mean?

Lebron
    Participant

He should be fired as a teacher for that tweet alone.  ‘Passed’?  And you want to be my kids’ 4th grade teacher?

Seriously, what a shithead.

Ironhead
    Participant

I love Matt and Josh and you can’t make me think otherwise.

Obvi.

Big Fat O
    Participant

It’s only a matter of time until someone rats Loyko out to the school dept if they haven’t already.

Where does he teach again or did he quit to go work for Coach Betard?

Ironhead
    Participant

4th grade teacher, Mashpee.

Coma
    Participant

Sensing a pattern:

Draft analysis was Loyko’s alleged forte. He must have love Christian McCaffery over Dalvin Cook (or another non-white RB if those two were in different draft.)

Coach Bedard never noticed any of this and no one apparently clued him in on Loyko’s views. Aaron Hernandez, though, everyone associated with the Patriots should have seen that coming.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 4 weeks ago by  Coma.

jforb
    Participant

Good job, good effort from the Globe

• This reply was modified 10 months, 4 weeks ago by  jforb.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 4 weeks ago by  jforb. Reason: de-chico-sized

Lebron
    Participant

What a bunch of lazy assholes.  “Rays” got by how many people that couldn’t be bothered to look?

Suzy
    Participant

Good job, good effort from the Globe

They haven’t employed editors in years, it seems. Gotta save all that money to pay the big guns who add nothing of value to the rag.

Speaking of Baldelli, I was thinking yesterday that when he first got sick, (Shank? California Bill?) mocked him for being lazy and unmotivated. The attack was so shockingly ignorant and vicious that FJM wrote a column about it detailing RB’s illness and outright said (Shank? CB?) owed Rocco an apology. Anyone else remember this?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 188 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar