Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/26/2018 Daily Thread, Game 3 Edition

Tagged: 

This topic contains 187 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  BrianInLA 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 38 posts - 151 through 188 (of 188 total)
  • Author

Nashua Dad
    Participant

2 horrible at bats in a row by Xander

Coma
    Participant

Fine, whatever, just get a double play now.

Yahtzee
    Participant

That was odd. Fitting way to end the inning I guess, but odd

I found it sad too.

Coma
    Participant

Fuck!

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Fuck

Yahtzee
    Participant

I’m doing radio. Good effort by Kinsler or more stupidity from him?

jforb
    Participant

What a shitty field

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Kinsler should crawl back inside his mama. Brutal game tonight.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I’m doing radio. Good effort by Kinsler or more stupidity from him?

Fielded clean. Sod at the edge of infield came loose. Slipped. Flipped it off target off balance. Should have probably ate it or regained footing to properly throw it.

OK. Time to go to bed.

Suzy
    Participant

Kinsler having a tough night.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

STFU Rosenthal.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Rosenthal, what was that?

RedSeat
    Participant

I need robots calling balls and strikes yesterday

Feejis
    Participant

Announcers are really concerned about what happens in Game 4. As if the starter is required to pitch 26 innings tomorrow.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Is this where Joe Buck undoes his tie and smokes like Jerry Lewis used to do?

RedSeat
    Participant

:ozzy: :ozzy:

RedSeat
    Participant

:ozzy: :ozzy:   :ozzy:

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I’m going to bleed out into the fucking bathtub.

SWIIIIING!!!!!!!!!!!

Coma
    Participant

The strike zone has been ridiculous, but, after 15 innings, these guys should know how it’s being called.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I can’t stay up and do this shit. Goodnight, all.

Feejis
    Participant

Not to sound like a radio host but would be good for Betts to start driving in some damn runs.

Suzy
    Participant

Not to sound like a radio host but would be good for Betts to start driving in some damn runs.

No kidding. Jesus.

Muncey doing a Fisk to no avail.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Pitcher will come up again this inning :wall:

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Look at all those empty seats

RedSeat
    Participant

Leon, Vasquez, Eovaldi, Kinsler all batting. Martinez, Benintendi, Pearce, Devers, Moreland, Swihart all sitting. But yay! Double switches and shit. Feel the excitement.

How on earth do they get 6 more outs tonight?

RedSeat
    Participant

Strike 4

BrianInLA
    Participant

my boss is still at the game.  this is nuts. I’m at a still packed dodger bar. everyone is wrecked to the rafters.  you guys still up are awesome.

RedSeat
    Participant

Eduardo Ihedigbo is going yard.

Suzy
    Participant

And that ends the top…of the seventeenth!

BrianInLA
    Participant

going out on a limb and saying Eovaldi doesn’t start tomorrow.

BrianInLA
    Participant

that’s a kick in the balls

BrianInLA
    Participant

I’ve got 50 seriously drunk Dodgers fans doing victory laps around me. this is like the 2008 super bowl after the helmet catch while at the Bellagio I’ve had better moments.

Suzy
    Participant

No words for Eovaldi. Balls of steel.

On to tomorrow.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Wake up after 4 hours of sleep and people are really all over Kinsler? Maybe if Mookie or Bogaerts had swung and hit one pitch all night. If you listen to the call Buck was screaming that the defensive play was a hit up the middle. He got there and dealt with turf the Steelers wouldn’t even play on.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Wake up after 4 hours of sleep and people are really all over Kinsler? Maybe if Mookie or Bogaerts had swung and hit one pitch all night. If you listen to the call Buck was screaming that the defensive play was a hit up the middle. He got there and dealt with turf the Steelers wouldn’t even play on.

He choked and unnecessarily rushed the throw on what would have ended the game. It’s slightly harder than a routine play because the runner was only halfway to first when he fucked up the throw. He had enough time to drop his pants and jack off and still throw the guy out.

Of course other guys could have performed better and they would have won. That’s true in most games. I was screaming about watching strike three go by with the bats on the shoulder all night.

But fucking up in the critical moment deserves a pile of shit. I’m not even mentioning his questionable non-slide at the plate.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Local media reporting Dodgers are really embarrassed over the field as they take great pride in having a perfect playing surface especially on national tv. I’ve seen a ton of games there and have never seen a bad field. I guess there was a watering issue and they overwatered it and didn’t know what to do as they aren’t used to ever having to deal with a wet field because it so seldom rains.  Can’t blame the field for the top of the lineup going 0-213 last night. Each time they’ve lost thus far in the playoffs they’ve bounced bag with a lopsided win. The other team is tired and out of pitchers as well and it’s not like the Dodgers really hit well yet in any game (and they’ve played the equivalent of 4). I’d still rather be us than them. My boss made it to the end and for an old guy he gets major props. I loved the We Want Beer chant sometime around the 16th inning as everyone was probably sober by then since they stop selling in the 7th. Looks like I’m going tomorrow so praying for a win tonight.  Sort of worked out perfectly as with only 2 games here I would have gotten squeezed out but with 3 I’m in (unless the sox somehow win 2 tonight).

BrianInLA
    Participant

Posted on SOSH

BrianInLA
    Participant

Alex Cora: “I saw (Nate Eovaldi) this morning and he was telling people he’s ready to go. I’m like, ‘Your agent is going to kill me.'”

He’s rapidly becoming a top 5 favorite of mine. Never saw that coming.

Viewing 38 posts - 151 through 188 (of 188 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar