Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/28/19-11/3/19 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 205 total)
  • Author
    Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Fatty is so predictable. More total ignorance of the scheduling formula:

• Sunday: Baltimore, Patriots at Ravens, 8:20 p.m. ET. Odd that two prominent teams in the same conference would have met just one time in the regular season in the last six years: a 30-23 Patriots win in 2016 in Foxboro. Bill Belichick grew up 34 miles from the site of M&T Bank Stadium, the Ravens’ home, in Annapolis, and he has deep ties to Maryland. Just odd his Patriots have played in Baltimore twice since 2007. I’d bet that Belichick has been to Baltimore more for lacrosse games than football games since 2007. Tough duty for the 8-0 Pats, with the 5-2 Ravens on such a good run and having the benefit of playing at home coming off the bye.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Fatty’s sentence fragment style of writing drives me nuts.

Almost sacked twice. Kicked in the face. Left eye reflexively closed. Vaguely sees tight end 19 yards away. Throws while looking out of one eye.

Touchdown. Texans win.

The only thing separating this from Joe Gill’s copy is some lame ass nickname for Watson.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

JJ Watt out for the season again. Color me shocked.

j. Joel Bitonio, weirdly, kicking the ball out ofNick Chubb’s hands and handing Dont’a Hightower a walk-in touchdown.

What exactly was Bitonio supposed to do differently? It was a freak play.

NASCL
    Participant

BSMW Man taking in the World Series.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Humphrey
    Participant

Lebron wrote yesterday. “Hate the Astros but love the resilience. Heart of a champion and all that.”

Any time Shank goes out on a limb and roots for another team and (it looks like) gets his dick cut off is a good day!

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Participant

Fatty’s sentence fragment style of writing drives me nuts.

Almost sacked twice. Kicked in the face. Left eye reflexively closed. Vaguely sees tight end 19 yards away. Throws while looking out of one eye.

Touchdown. Texans win.

The only thing separating this from Joe Gill’s copy is some lame ass nickname for Watson.

The coup de McButterpants is the next paragraph :lol:

“Some of his plays are so improbable, so rabbit-out-of-a-hat, that he looks like another southern kid at a young age, Brett Favre. Both Watson and Mahomes have some Favre in them”

chicowalker
    Participant

The preeminent NFL writer of his day, with unparalleled access, decides that one of the three emails he’ll answer (of the hundreds, I’m sure, he receives) is one where he can pedant some poor schmuck about the definition of a word

Participant

Peak Pete.

Truth is always the best policy. Most often, it’s not the lie that gets you. It’s the denial. It’s the coverup.

jforb
    Participant

BSMW Man taking in the World Series.

I thought BSMW Man would be drinking a better beer.

chicowalker
    Participant

Peter King as a big Jefferson Airplane fan? :lol:   Starship I’d buy.  Been a while, here goes

One tweet that makes no sense
    Your friend peeing at the stall
    And the ones ’bout people dying
    Don’t do anything at all
    Go ask a waitress
    Try to make her bawl

And if you go chasing foul balls
    Next to someone who is small
    Tell ’em a rule-humping rent-a-cop
    You’re about to call
    Over kid’s fun
    You cast a gruesome pall

When the clerks at the motel 6
    greet you with a frown
    And you’ve just had 2 fruity beers
    And you’re ready to punch down
    Tweet about them
    You entitled limp-dicked clown

When gluttony and consumption
    Are what get you out of bed
    And the barista knows your order
    A “coffee” dense as bread
    Don’t matter that you’re heart’s code red
    Feed your head
    Feed your head

Participant

Pete keeps score, unlike the rest of you rubes.

Lebron
    Participant

I always love Pete’s “so much to get to today” ledes.  It’s my busy season!

Lebron
    Participant

he’s had such great role models (starting with his flatliner brilliant dad, the late Steve Belichick)

Flatliner?  Like what, he’s dead?  What in the hell?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

he’s had such great role models (starting with his flatliner brilliant dad, the late Steve Belichick)

Flatliner? Like what, he’s dead? What in the hell?

NO. :lol:  Meaning he was real low-key and stoic and a man of few words. But of course Fatty is too damned stupid too see the potentially cringey double-meaning.

Lebron
    Participant

I can insinuate that’s what he meant but I honestly I don’t think I’ve ever heard it used that way.

And of course Pete’s favorite feature, I’ll assume the role of someone and tell you how they should have responded.  This week it’s Adam Gase and the seeing ghosts mic’d up segment.

I’ve got my own opinions about what was aired on ESPN, and I’ll address those with the proper authorities. But today’s not a day to be concentrating on that. We need to take responsibility for how we played, and that starts with me. Anything else today that deflects from the work we have ahead of us on the field is not worthy of our attention.

What a weird thing to even care enough about to role play, but he loves to act all ‘today is not the day to address that, I need to take blame!’  I also love the use of proper authorities, like he’s deciding on the local or state police, maybe even the Feds!

Kingasaurus
    Participant

My level of hate for him is ridiculous. Too stupid to live.

Lebron
    Participant

Predictably Pete honors Joe Buck’s inhumane work/travel schedule.

jforb
    Participant

Wait, Zack Kram is Murray Chass’s grandson?

Lebron
    Participant

Pete also assumes the role of the Astros assistant GM and what he should have said and what would have happened had he just done what Pete advises.  I don’t think the story would have gone away as easily as dummy Pete thinks.

Lebron
    Participant

Pete marveling at the Ravens and Patriots playing so rarely now, well if the Ravens win their division every year like New England you get a game every year!  Not that hard.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    jforb
    Participant

He roleplayed Matt Nagy too.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Pete is so odd, it’s almost sad.

Suzy
    Participant

And if you go chasing foul balls
    Next to someone who is small
    Tell ’em a rule-humping rent-a-cop
    You’re about to call

:lol: :lol:

Suzy
    Participant

My level of hate for him is ridiculous. Too stupid to live.

:wub:

I’m right there with you, King. Yes, he’s an entitled, ignorant, pretentious fucking fraud, but the level of my pure, unbridled hatred for him is way beyond reason and sanity.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 205 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar