Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/28/19-11/3/19 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 205 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Oh Manish, you’ve done it again.

“Adam Gase channeled his inner Bill Belichick Wednesday (without the success, championships, respect and envy from the rest of the NFL) by refusing to discuss the most relevant storylines surrounding the 1-6 Jets.”

Lebron
    Participant

Of course Gase also had no problem blabbing about a thumb injury on his QB’s non throwing hand.  This is the same organization that less than a week earlier complained about a mic’d up segment airing a QB’s comment on seeing ghosts.  But by all means we’ll advertise an injury to our QB’s non throwing hand.

Lefty

The more I see Baker Mayfield play and listen to him speak, the more I believe he is Jeff George II.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

===

Joe Torre explained that Turner was called out not because he was running out of the 45-foot line but because he interfered with Gurriel catching the ball. The ball and Turner arrived at same time at the base. That is when Turner has the right to be in fair territory. Bad call.

Baseball needs the double first base like softball…would eliminate this problem almost totally.

Baseball also really needs to have coolers full of ice-cold beer in the dugouts during games. :rollseyes: :lol:

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

Jamal Adams is a beauty as well.

“The Patriots don’t take calls on Tom Brady. That’s where I hold myself.”

Lefty

But the Pats did allegedly take a call on Brady when they ended up trading Garropolo.   They had no intention of trading Brady, but they took the call.  Like all teams do

typical Jet doing Jet things.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Mayfield needs to understand that everyone’s been rejected/dumped/whatever else.  You got benched or marginalized at Texas Tech.  Big fucking deal.  Everyone’s been rejected.  That’s fine to use it as an internal motivation – Brady uses it all the time whether it was about sending out videos to get recruiting attention or being pissed at being drafted so late.  But it’s on public display all the time and then when he’s wrong or he sucks it’s ‘oh well he just has a chip on his shoulder.’  Turns it into some blank check to speak his mind about anything and everything and he hasn’t figured out that no one cares what he thinks and what he’s doing doesn’t do anyone least of all himself any good.  If you have some issue with a receiver then talk to him in private.  It never makes sense to talk about other players especially players not on your team.  Amazes me that more guys don’t follow Brady’s lead in that regard.  He can’t help himself, and of course the media loves the easy soundbites.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Coma
    Participant

===

Joe Torre explained that Turner was called out not because he was running out of the 45-foot line but because he interfered with Gurriel catching the ball. The ball and Turner arrived at same time at the base. That is when Turner has the right to be in fair territory. Bad call.

Baseball needs the double first base like softball…would eliminate this problem almost totally.

Change every first base at every major league stadium? Do you know how much that would cost? Just like the NFL and goal line cameras, MLB doesn’t have money laying around for luxuries like that.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Heard Girardi on Russo and he agreed with the 2 base proposal, although he sounded like he wanted the runner’s base to be in foul territory with the tagging base being where it is now so that way the runner should be absolutely out of the way.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Nats are resilient.

Lebron
    Participant

Both of these teams have responded well in this Series.  Astros seemed dead after Game 2.  Nationals had nothing going through 6 and Greinke was cruising.  Just waited for their opportunity.

I was surprised Hinch brought Harris in and not either Cole or Osuna.  Harris has been nails I guess but he looked a bit tired last night.  That’s where you bring in Cole it’s his last appearance for your team anyhow.

Nationals hold on got to think it’s Soto for MVP

Yahtzee
    Participant

Or Rendon.

Lebron
    Participant

This one’s for Bryce!

Lefty

No strong feelings about Washington winning, but I do remember sitting near Houston fans at Fenway a couple of years back.  Incredibly obnoxious and entitled for a historically shaky franchise. If they’re unhappy tonight, that works for me.

chicowalker
    Participant

Sleep is in short supply these days, so I was inclined to call it at halftime last night.  Glad I didn’t.  SSS obviously, but a Celtics team with the resilience of the IT teams combined with the ascendant talent (theoretically..) of the KI teams, minus the galaxy brained pain in the ass, will make for a fun season. last year they lose this game by 30

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Sleep is in short supply these days, so I was inclined to call it at halftime last night. Glad I didn’t. SSS obviously, but a Celtics team with the resilience of the IT teams combined with the ascendant talent (theoretically..) of the KI teams, minus the galaxy brained pain in the ass, will make for a fun season. last year they lose this game by 30

People who underestimated the Celtics’ chances this year were totally underselling how shitty Kyrie made everything.

Coma
    Participant

I’m not even going to try and come up with clever phrase describing how lame this is, but the Yankees and White Sox will play a regular season game next year at the “Field of Dreams” field. The usual suspects in the media probably think this is grand.

Trying to find a silver lining, if MLB gets Springsteen as a surprise to sing “Take Me Out To The Ballgame,” they all may die in a state of euphoria.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I’m not even going to try and come up with clever phrase describing how lame this is, but the Yankees and White Sox will play a regular season game next year at the “Field of Dreams” field. The usual suspects in the media probably think this is grand.

Trying to find a silver lining, if MLB gets Springsteen as a surprise to sing “Take Me Out To The Ballgame,” they all may die in a state of euphoria.

Will they make it just like the movie and only let white guys play?

Lefty

So, Steelers player threatens/hits his girlfriend and gets criminally charged.   She decides not to press charges and the local DA agrees, saying they seem to hold “no animosity toward each other.”   NFL’s response so far?  Reinstated, nothing else to see here.

integrity!

Lebron
    Participant

That Field of Dreams game is so weird, what’s the point?  That field has been sitting there for what 30 years?  Why play a game on that field now?  And Yankees-White Sox?  I feel like I’m missing some fagola historical significance.

NASCL
    Participant

Take a glorious lap around the warning track, Lebron.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

BSMW was wayyyy out in front of fraud Kyrie.

Gimp
    Participant

I hate that fucking movie.  Self-important, self indulgent crap.

jforb
    Participant

Way in front on whiny cunt Embiid too

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

Way in front on whiny cunt Embiid too

The BSMW “feather in our cap” list is far longer than our “black eye” list.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 205 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar