Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/28/19-11/3/19 Weekly Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 205 total)
  • Author
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Cardinals have a chance here; down 3 with 4:00 to go.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Mahoney was spectacular as the dad in She’s The One.

“She’s probably from one of the islands.”

Frank Vincent was good as Aniston’s dad in that one too. Good movie casting for Dad’s.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Hacksaw.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Hacksaw.
    jforb
    Participant

SF media declaring them dun for barely beating a lousy division rival on the road yet?

5 users thanked author for this post.
    chicowalker
    Participant

wiki-

Irish Catholic Mickey Fitzpatrick is a New York City taxi driver, unhappy over an act of infidelity committed by Heather, his ex-fiancée. His brother, Francis, is a Wall Street stock investor married to Renee, though she is frustrated by his lack of desire for sexual relations – not knowing that he is in a heated affair with Heather.

wasn’t that basically the plot of The Brothers McMullen too? :blink:

Yahtzee
    Participant

SF media declaring them dun for barely beating a lousy division rival on the road yet?

Speaking of dun . . . in my infinite wisdom back in August, I picked San Francisco to win fewer than 8 games this year.  Oops.

Participant

Speaking of dun . . . in my infinite wisdom back in August, I picked San Francisco to win fewer than 8 games this year. Oops.

That’s ok – go with “I was right at the time.”

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

wiki-

Irish Catholic Mickey Fitzpatrick is a New York City taxi driver, unhappy over an act of infidelity committed by Heather, his ex-fiancée. His brother, Francis, is a Wall Street stock investor married to Renee, though she is frustrated by his lack of desire for sexual relations – not knowing that he is in a heated affair with Heather.

The guy who played Francis also plays one of his brothers in McMullen too, but instead of a philandering Wall Street scumbag he’s wrapped in some kind of Catholic guilt.  That movie was more about them being Irish Catholics I think, been decades since I’ve seen it.  The oldest brother is cheating on his wife in that one too.

The broad who plays Burns’s girlfriend in both movies was a looker, definitely from one of the islands.  If memory serves it was his actual girlfriend at the time.  The plot line of Francis not wanting to get it on with a about to hit her prime Aniston was an eye roller.  Francis had one of my favorite lines that I love to throw at my wife sometimes  – love don’t pay the rent.

McMullen came out around the same time as Clerks I think, or at least a similar timeline, so every crack movie maker was trying to gather friends and shoot movies on a 50 dollar budget.

Lebron
    Participant

I forgot Francis went on to star in Geico commercials, Burns sold out as soon as he had the chance. :lol:

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Suzy
    Participant

I forgot Francis went on to star in Geico commercials, Burns sold out as soon as he had the chance. :lol:

I never put together that it’s the same guy!

Kind of liked both movies in question but Ed Burns’ high-pitched voice always bugged me. Looks like his supermodel wife managed to get past it, though.

Just checked; he’s been married to Christy Turlington (who still looks amazing) for FIFTEEN YEARS. That’s like fifty in Hollywood years, wow.

Lebron
    Participant

I remember being in downtown Denver in the mid/late ’90s and what seemed like every day you’d spot some coffee house wannabe with a camera shooting their friends in what I was assuming to be the next great cinematic achievement.

BrianInLA
    Participant

I remember being in downtown Denver in the mid/late ’90s and what seemed like every day you’d spot some coffee house wannabe with a camera shooting their friends in what I was assuming to be the next great cinematic achievement.

Try living here. Everyone thinks they’re the next Tarantino. Even the homeless people are shooting bio docs which is just bizarre.

Hacksaw
    Participant

wiki-

They used more CGI in She’s the One.

Participant

Mickey Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzwilliam – Oooh!  <dice.gif>

Gimp
    Participant

Gordon claimed by Seattle.

Lebron
    Participant

Hadn’t thought about them but that makes sense.  They could use a receiver.

Flacco to IR, he might as well hang it up.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I can’t say I’m proud of myself for spending 10 minutes looking at Howzie battle Minifans on Twitter, but I don’t really regret it. What a weird bunch of people.

Just waiting for ITT to sweep in and complain about undershirts.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by Yahtzee.
    Major Intangibles
    Participant

ITT is involved in a second front against szn Twitter. Cry.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

jforb
    Participant

Was going to ask which side was the weird one but realized the answer is yes.

Lefty

Can someone help an old bastard and explain what or who an SZN may be?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

While everyone is pointing out how terrible the offenses on teams that the Patriots have played, here are the rankings in DVOA of the defenses that Baltimore has played:

MIA – 32
    ARI – 29
    KC – 17
    CLE – 21
    PIT – 9
    CIN – 31
    SEA – 22

Lebron
    Participant

I think szn is short for ‘season’.  The time of year meaning, not the food meaning.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Subset of millennial Twitter users, change their display names to ‘damienharrisszn’ or ‘joejuanwilliamsSZN’, with seasonal emoji’s sprinkled in. Usually display the team’s win-loss record, too. Very objective fans, really more fans of the Radio Talking Men than the local teams. Just awful.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I think szn should be snapped up as the name of the next high-concept, artisanal, North End gourmet bistro, given the constant turnover of that type of business in that neighborhood.

szn (pronounced “season” and styled all in lower case) features hyper-fresh, farm to table offerings that reflect the diversity of New England, with a constantly changing but extensive season-appropriate menu of raw vegetables and “tartare”-style meats for the discriminating locavore.  BYOB. Signed waiver of liability required.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Swap out gourmet bistro for gastro pub.  Also only condiment is Heinz ketchup.

Lebron
    Participant

I’m not sure what’s worse, the people who went to the Minihane event or the people who didn’t go taking to Twitter either lamenting that they didn’t go or expressing jealousy toward those that did go.  Sounds like Schilling’s Trump rally on steroids.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 205 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar