Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 10/29/2018 Daily Thread – Victory Edition!

This topic contains 115 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  chicowalker 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 116 total)
  • Author

RedSeat
    Participant

I’m surprised Nick didn’t have a column out this morning. With each unsigned guy a possibility for the Yankees.

Actually, Price still can opt out, can’t he?

Yes, Price can opt out, but he’s 33, with four years, $127 million left on his contract. He’s not signing a bigger deal than that.

2. GMs and club presidents are more aggressive than the last generation of traditional front-office people. Howie Roseman (Eagles), Les Snead (Rams), Chris Ballard (Colts), John Lynch (Niners), John Schneider (Seahawks), Bob Quinn (Lions) are young, and they’re restless.

Fatty’s speed dial list.

Lefty

Todd Haley out in Cleveland, too

Hacksaw
    Participant

Hue Jackson gone as coach of the Browns.

Why now? 0-16 wasn’t a big enough clue that this Jackson might not be the right guy to turn the team around?

When he got a tie that showed progress.

Humphrey
    Participant

Todd Haley out in Cleveland, too

Mayfield has been getting killed; if the old rules were still in effect he’d probably be on IR now…or at least out a couple weeks with a significant concussion.

Lebron
    Participant

Good to see the Lackey/Peavy trades contribute 4 years later.  Although they still have Allen Craig on the farm!

Lefty

The HMS Bounty sets sail in Cleveland.   D Coordinator Gregg Williams takes over as interim

Can this mean a return for his close friend Jeff Fisher?

Lebron
    Participant

They should have gone with the fat o line coach that said the guys that stormed the beaches at Normandy didn’t stretch.  He sounded innovative.

Feejis
    Participant

Good to see the Lackey/Peavy trades contribute 4 years later. Although they still have Allen Craig on the farm!

Had to look that guy up. He did have a nice year in AAA for San Diego org this year.

If David effing Freese can come back to be a useful player again at age 35, I’m fully expecting Craig to be in the postseason mix next year for Milwaukee or Arizona or whoever.

Lebron
    Participant

And here I thought Craig was still in Pawtucket.  As long as Rusney is still there.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Rusney will still be in Pawtucket after the team move to Worcester.

:lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

Mazz is FLAILING.  So desperate to find something to shit on

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Mazz is FLAILING. So desperate to find something to shit on

How about playing 18 innings on the west coast sux for fans?

And finishing before midnight on a sunday night? a festivus miracle!!

Rickkyboy
    Participant

does anyone know the answer:

Had there been a similar long extra inning game in Boston, would the city curfew suspend the game at some point, or would it be play on…

chicowalker
    Participant

The rending of garments here about the Pawsox moving to Worcester (usually by people who haven’t gone to McCoy in years, see also: Bennys, West Valley Inn, Rocky Point) would have been mass seppuku had the Sox and Dodgers managed to stretch friday out to 34 innings, thus essentially (mercifully) wiping Pawtucket from the face of the earth

TJM
    Participant

It’s tremendous Price shoved it up Mazz and Buckley’s ass he is right they can’t say shit

TJM
    Participant

I want him to not opt out and win the cy young and series mvp next year

TJM
    Participant

He’s probably still mad they took 5 whole games to win

BrianInLA
    Participant

does anyone know the answer:

Had there been a similar long extra inning game in Boston, would the city curfew suspend the game at some point, or would it be play on…

Thats an interesting point.

The Dodger bar that I was in HAD to start kicking folks out by 1am and be fully closed by 2 according to law. The place was packed with pretty lit fans who had been there 7+ hours. I asked the head bartender the question and he was seriously starting to panic because kicking out a ton of drunk fans in the middle of the 21st inning would have not gone over very well and once the Dodgers won he was so relieved that it was free shots to everyone and then “get the hell out the door after a few rounds of I Love LA on the jukebox”. Did Boston bars run into any issues since the game lasted until 330 or was it a moot point?

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Anyone complain about Price jogging on his ground ball yet? He was third one into the pile (beating the infielders), so he can clearly run.

Save the energy for pitching. No complaint here.

Gimp
    Participant

Mad Dog just now:

“I’m not sure if the ’27 Yankees could have beaten this Red Sox team.”

:ohmy:

jforb
    Participant

Anyone complain about Price jogging on his ground ball yet? He was third one into the pile (beating the infielders), so he can clearly run.

Save the energy for pitching. No complaint here.

Anyone meant media, I expect smarter out of fans. Minus Mensamatt and Len.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Mad Dog just now:

“I’m not sure if the ’27 Yankees could have beaten this Red Sox team.”

:ohmy:

He’s actually sort of correct. No way the ’27 Yanks could hit any of the breaking stuff or the 99-101 mph fastballs. ;-) What did guys throw back then? 85?

Nashua Dad
    Participant

For winning a World Series the Athletic has a bare minimum number of articles.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Note to the rest of baseball. Most of this team will be back in 2019. Nunez (player option), Pearce and Kinsler are the only position players not signed or under team control. Kimbrel, Eovaldi, Kelly, and Pomeranz are the only unsigned pitchers.

Sign a closer, a couple bullpen arms, and a RH bat and PTT.

I’m surprised Nick didn’t have a column out this morning. With each unsigned guy a possibility for the Yankees.

Actually, Price still can opt out, can’t he?

Be surprised no longer.

Nickles’ post-WS column?  “Red Sox have some major contract issues coming up.”

I couldn’t possibly move to tarnish today by reading him or Shank.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 116 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar